5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD Known Changes 5th Gen

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So far as I can tell with the search function, no one has updated the odometer. I've upgraded the gauge cluster with one from a limited. I've went through the steps to update the odometer, but no luck. Maybe I'
m not letting it "sleep" long enough.

Security bypass installed, newest version of AlfaOBD, connected via OBDLink MX. I've successfully done other things like adjust tire size, seat belt dinger, fogs with high beams. Just can't get this to adjust.

Any tips? Thanks!
New and Old
View attachment 145334
You can correct the mileage on the 5th gen clusters with AlfaOBD, but it can’t do the hours.
The only quirk that’s different from the 4th gens is, the number that you enter for you miles needs to be closer to the equivalent of that number in kilometers, but not exactly.
So, if you’re wanting to correct to your old cluster’s 59323, enter 95471 in AlfaOBD, they fine tune adjust from there.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure if alfaObd has that ability since it's a federal crime to tamper with odometer mileage. If you bought the new cluster brand new the seller should have offered the service
The act of changing, or in this case correcting, the mileage is not illegal. You can change your odometer to 0 every day if you want to, and there’s nothing illegal about that. It’s only when you try to represent that mileage as accurate when selling the vehicle that it becomes a crime.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
P1DF3 code came up after making Alfa changes. Anyone had that issue? It says TCM - TransmisCtrl
Reverse the changes you made, or reinstall the factory back up and start over. There was a change made the computer doesn't like

dmitriy

Reaction score
Does anyone revert back to factory setting before going to the dealer? (for warranty purposes or similar?)
Do the setting set by alfaOBD get reset for something like EcoDiesel recall?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Does anyone revert back to factory setting before going to the dealer? (for warranty purposes or similar?)
Do the setting set by alfaOBD get reset for something like EcoDiesel recall?
No. There's no reason to revert. And yes, if they do any restore and upgrade to the systems, they get reset. It's good to have a backup and then you can just restore it.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No. There's no reason to revert. And yes, if they do any restore and upgrade to the systems, they get reset. It's good to have a backup and then you can just restore it.
Only if they were to reflash the BCM for some reason.

I've had plenty of PCM and other module flashes done though none were the BCM and no settings were ever changed. I even leave my bypass cable connected to the can blocks and just unplug the OBD end from the factory OBD port when I take it to the dealer. I expect those using the plugs on the 1500's would want to remove them.

iquinones

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Laramie 2500. I was able to get the off-road pages and performance pages to show up. Majority of off road work with except pitch and roll, which I know won’t work cause I don’t have the sensors for that. The performance pages say “application is currently unavailable” does that mean the application won’t load at all?

Satx_Cummins

Reaction score
I recently updated my navigation maps to 2022 and did the software update that came with the map update. I tried to add the off road pages, unfortunately they aren't showing up for me on the 12" or the cluster. I wonder if the software has to be the specific PR-39.7.0 or can it be a newer version. Mine updated to PR-39.9.0. I double checked to make sure all three options show yes as activated and its been two days since I made the change. Any input guys?

Attachments

• 20221227_162952.jpg
    20221227_162952.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 47

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I recently updated my navigation maps to 2022 and did the software update that came with the map update. I tried to add the off road pages, unfortunately they aren't showing up for me on the 12" or the cluster. I wonder if the software has to be the specific PR-39.7.0 or can it be a newer version. Mine updated to PR-39.9.0. I double checked to make sure all three options show yes as activated and its been two days since I made the change. Any input guys?
How long have you waited? I can take a few hours to show up.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My off-road pages disappeared after updating to 39.9. not that they ever really worked anyways, so want too heartbroken.

Users who are viewing this thread