5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD Known Changes 5th Gen

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That’s how I was turning them off while parked with the engine running, but it gets old engaging/disengaging the parking brake constantly. So now I’ve resorted to just turning them on through the radio when i want them on.
You can enable auto parking brake in the truck. I have mine set up for that. When I put trans in park it automatically applies parking brake. And as long as I have my seat belt on, it releases parking brake when you shift into gear. All without ever having to touch the button

Ryno

Reaction score
That’s how I was turning them off while parked with the engine running, but it gets old engaging/disengaging the parking brake constantly. So now I’ve resorted to just turning them on through the radio when i want them on.
Did you try enabling DRL dropout?

TravisH

Reaction score
I cannot get the drl’s to drop out when the turn signal is activated. I changed everything listed. My voltages were at 12.2 already. Not sure what the parking voltage is but they definitely dim when the parking lights are turned on. I also cannot get them to turn on only in gear. They are on all the time. Signature Light - No turns them off completely as DRL’s. They won’t come on in gear or changing the radio setting. Setting to Yes turns them on (even in park) and the daytime running lights toggle in the radio does nothing as well.

I must be missing something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I cannot get the drl’s to drop out when the turn signal is activated. I changed everything listed. My voltages were at 12.2 already. Not sure what the parking voltage is but they definitely dim when the parking lights are turned on. I also cannot get them to turn on only in gear. They are on all the time. Signature Light - No turns them off completely as DRL’s. They won’t come on in gear or changing the radio setting. Setting to Yes turns them on (even in park) and the daytime running lights toggle in the radio does nothing as well.

I must be missing something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I feel this option doesn't actually work the way it is being presented. Maybe OP can put an asterisk next to it saying it doesn't work for most people.

ProKubinator

Reaction score
Update - I enabled the options "Off-Road Capable" (was on already since I have ORP), "Display performance pages", and "Display Off-Road Pages". I now have the off-road and performance pages on my 12" radio. However, I dont have them on the EVIC. Im on the latest PR39 update. My truck is a 2019 so maybe I won't get them on the EVIC? Wondering if anyone else has tried and knows. Thanks!

Ibanez540r

Reaction score
Update - I enabled the options "Off-Road Capable" (was on already since I have ORP), "Display performance pages", and "Display Off-Road Pages". I now have the off-road and performance pages on my 12" radio. However, I dont have them on the EVIC. Im on the latest PR39 update. My truck is a 2019 so maybe I won't get them on the EVIC? Wondering if anyone else has tried and knows. Thanks!

My 2019 is the exact same.

Rebel2022

Reaction score
I wonder why all the sensors and timers work with mine? Maybe because being a Rebel and already having offroad pages means the g-force sensors are in place? I admit its pretty cool having them in the EVIC and being able to do 0-60, 0-100 1/4 mile, braking etc. most of the gauges are in the offroad pages but the HP/Torque calculator would have been cool to mess with.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder why all the sensors and timers work with mine? Maybe because being a Rebel and already having offroad pages means the g-force sensors are in place? I admit its pretty cool having them in the EVIC and being able to do 0-60, 0-100 1/4 mile, braking etc. most of the gauges are in the offroad pages but the HP/Torque calculator would have been cool to mess with.
I've seen 2021 guys say they work as well. Might have to do with trim level and if they tlhave the off-road pages from factory. Probably why the 19/20 guys don't get them in the EVIC either as it was never an option.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Remember that the manufacturers are moving to "pay to play", so they will begin putting all options on every vehicle, and you will have to pay to activate with a monthly charge for each. Really suck that the price of the vehicle will reflect every option, and after a possible trial period, you will have the option to keep and pay for the ones you want. No more bare bones trucks.

swing4terps

Reaction score

Vehicle Theft Alarm Enable:
LIN and Misc: Vehicle Theft Alarm (VTA) System State - VTA
CBC Config I/O: Connector A Pin 11: Hood Ajar Switch Input Present - Yes
CBC Config I/O: Connector G Pin 2: Vehicle Theft Alarm (VTA) Warning LED Output Present - Yes
CBC Features: Vehicle Theft Alarm (VTA) Hood Ajar Monitoring - Yes
FYI to others, there may be another applicable setting here but I can’t confirm if it’s mandatory. I was messing with this tonight because although I have BH Level 2 package I don’t recall ever seeing the flashing indicator on the dash.

For me, all but the last setting were already configured as shown above. I also found:

ECUConfig3 VTA System Present: No

I changed both of these to ’Yes’ and I now have the indicator light and suppose it’s working as intended.

Last edited:

Ibanez540r

Reaction score
FYI to others, there may be another applicable setting here but I can’t confirm if it’s mandatory. I was messing with this tonight because although I have BH Level 2 package I don’t recall ever seeing the flashing indicator on the dash.

For me, all but the last setting were already configured as shown above. I also found:

ECUConfig3 VTA System Present: No

I changed both of these to ’Yes’ and I now have the indicator light and suppose it’s working as intended.
That's interesting. I went through these a couple of weeks ago and also confirmed mine was all already set correctly but did not have the light. I might have to try this.

Users who are viewing this thread