5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD Known Changes 5th Gen

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When you hit the soft key twice, does the temp get warm, or is it off altogether? With Level 2 setting, it should get comfortably warm on a two-press. I never tried 2, just went to 3 and as the video shows, works well.

Last edited:

Tellsch

Reaction score
I am pretty sure it goes off. Hard to say for sure though - the icon shows off and the squiggly lines are not lit either.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
and now I have no DRLs lol. I have it set to optional and trued fog lights, turn signals, etc. My default file didn't save, so can someone tell me what the default DRL settings are? Thanks!

Theworthyone

Reaction score
So I got the off-road pages and performance pages on my screen following the alpha obd steps. Only issue, I have 2 off-road pages and the performance pages. Anyone else have this duplicate pages show up?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 321

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I got the off-road pages and performance pages on my screen following the alpha obd steps. Only issue, I have 2 off-road pages and the performance pages. Anyone else have this duplicate pages show up?
Yes, everyone who has done it has two off-road pages. One actually shows the driveline image, one doesn't.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone know if I need to use AlfaOBD to enable the running board touch screen option if I buy Mopar branded power steps?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I see 2 settings I think you would need to change, if anyone can confirm, I'll add it to page 1 post 1.
Cust.Set.Menu 3: Power Side Step Enable/Disable CSM Present - Yes
Cabin Net: PSSM Power Side Step Module - Enable

Last edited:

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Found this posted in the main Alfa thread. Will add it to the front page.
In case anyone wants to add the factory powered side steps and does not want to pay the dealer for the added sales code here is what I changed in AlfaOBD. Took about 24 hours for the soft key on the 12" screen to show up and the settings option. Also when you deploy or retract the steps a little notification pops up on the gauge cluster.
I've attached photos of the 3 areas that were enabled. Cabin Net-PSSM Power Side Step Module; Cust.Set.Menu 3-Power Side Step Enable/Disable CSM Present; Cust.Set.Menu 2- Automatic Side Step CSM Present.
Screenshot_20200522-162345.png

Screenshot_20200522-161956.png

Screenshot_20200522-161802.png

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In case anyone wants to add the factory powered side steps and does not want to pay the dealer for the added sales code here is what I changed in AlfaOBD. Took about 24 hours for the soft key on the 12" screen to show up and the settings option. Also when you deploy or retract the steps a little notification pops up on the gauge cluster.
I've attached photos of the 3 areas that were enabled. Cabin Net-PSSM Power Side Step Module; Cust.Set.Menu 3-Power Side Step Enable/Disable CSM Present; Cust.Set.Menu 2- Automatic Side Step CSM Present.

You're awesome. Thank you so much.

fliptide

Reaction score

On these multiple step changes, do we need to wait 5 minutes between each step?
Don't have truck yet, but gathering knowledge :)

Rebel2022

Reaction score
I had my dealer install the mopar power steps when I got my truck but they said it was not possible to enable them in uconnect, said only the factory can do it. Even showed them in the install guide where it explains what they need to do. I think it was more ‘won’t’ do it and not ‘can’t’. I used alfaobd as above a few months back and it works great.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On these multiple step changes, do we need to wait 5 minutes between each step?
Don't have truck yet, but gathering knowledge :)
What I usually do is make a change, then go through the procedure again to make sure it took place, when you do something, it will tell you what the setting is afterward on the top screen, once it says it took, I will disconnect and reconnect and make another change and repeat. I haven't had anything not take nor have had any problems with this procedure process so I will continue it. Is it needed? No idea, but it works for me, so...

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score

This looks oddly familiar 🤔

TravisH

Reaction score
Does anyone know if I need to use AlfaOBD to enable the running board touch screen option if I buy Mopar branded power steps?

Yes you do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swing4terps

Reaction score
Anybody know if it's possible to keep Signature Lighting when not in gear, but have it go off and use Turn Signal as DRL?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread