5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If/when I do the PR39 update, will I lose changes already made with Alfa in my current version like DRL location, Tire Programing for diameter etc, and have to redo all the changes again, or does it carry over and remain in the new update?
The software update is for the head unit itself, not the BCM, so it has no effect on anything you have currently shanged with alfaOBD

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
They haven't shown up yet. I'll check again tomorrow and post them here.
How long did it take for them to show up? Been about three hours and not showing on mine yet

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
How long did it take for them to show up? Been about three hours and not showing on mine yet
I checked after an hour and nothing showed up, so I checked in the morning and they were there. They are under the A-Z apps list.

So far, all of the Off-road Pages are functional. I haven't had too much time to play with the Performance Pages. The torque and horsepower function seems to work on the Performance Dashboard. I don't think the Times Pages work. 90% of the indications on the Gauges Page work. The G's part of the G-Force page does not work. The Dynamic Engine page works. The Vehicle Dynamics page works. The Drive Modes page does not work...it says TRX at the top, so I figured nothing would work. The Race Options page does not work either. I'm not sure if I can gain functionality by enabling more features through AlfaOBD or not.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You can use AlfaOBD to connect to the radio module (2017 navigator module), and run a few ECU resets to force them quicker.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You can use AlfaOBD to connect to the radio module (2017 navigator module), and run a few ECU resets to force them quicker.
Speaking of resets, I helped a local friend out by changing his tires size today after he installed bigger tires. First time I have used AlfaOBD for this. He has a 2017 Big Horn. Everytime I made a change for circumference the speedometer showed dashes, and get service 4wd, service park sense and a few other errors. Only way I could find to clear and get speedo back was to shut off truck and exit for 5-10 minutes. Is this normal, or was there something else I could have done? Tried doing ECU resets but that didn't help.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Speaking of resets, I helped a local friend out by changing his tires size today after he installed bigger tires. First time I have used AlfaOBD for this. He has a 2017 Big Horn. Everytime I made a change for circumference the speedometer showed dashes, and get service 4wd, service park sense and a few other errors. Only way I could find to clear and get speedo back was to shut off truck and exit for 5-10 minutes. Is this normal, or was there something else I could have done? Tried doing ECU resets but that didn't help.
With AlfaOBD, after a tire size change, you need to connect to the abs module and run the initialization routine, and clear out faults.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
With AlfaOBD, after a tire size change, you need to connect to the abs module and run the initialization routine, and clear out faults.
Ahh, okay. Will remember that for next time

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
I just made my second speedo adjustment and didn’t have to go into the ABS module or reset any codes. In fact, if I go into ABS, the initialization option is greyed out.

Maybe it only sets codes if you select a larger than stock circumference? I went from 2448 to 2550 to 2580.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
92083c8dd9917cd46f085573ba902f14.jpg

I don’t even have “PR” in my version.. 2020 Rebel..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This video helped me a lot, but I learned from Jimmy07 that you do not need to turn on the ignition.

So what happens if you don't change the numbers in the vehicle config menu? The second thing he changed?

Idahoktm

Reaction score
So what happens if you don't change the numbers in the vehicle config menu? The second thing he changed?
Not sure. I don't know enough about AlfaOBD to do anything but follow the script. I tried following written instructions and the changes I made didn't take. I'm a visual learner.

vincentw56

Reaction score
Where can I find the update?.. or can someone post it here. Do you have to update to each one and get to the current or can you just go straight to the current?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Check the post higher up. It's there

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You have to be on the latest update PR 39..
You need to enable them with AlfaOBD
Below gives you the off road pages and performance pages.

VehConfig 1-Performance Pages Present = YES
VehConfig 2-Off-road Capable =YES
VehConfig 5-Off-Road Pages Present =YES
Can I just do the Performance Pages Present and that show up or do I have to do a full monte for it all, in order to get the performance pages? Not really interested in the off-road stuff.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Can I just do the Performance Pages Present and that show up or do I have to do a full monte for it all, in order to get the performance pages? Not really interested in the off-road stuff.
You can just do performance pages, as they pretty much include all the info from off road pages anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread