5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You don't open the V4PR file and extract the files within it, you just drag and drop the V4PR folder to the USB. Start the truck, go to Medias, plug in your USB, and follow the on-screen prompts. Takes about 35 min. to upload.

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't extract all the files to the USB Drive. There should be only the folder "VP4R_Update" on the drive.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
AlfaOBD was also being finicky this afternoon. It dropped Bluetooth connection a few times while trying to make the changes and it even told me that one of the options weren’t supported on my vehicle. I restarted my tablet and the app and it seemed to do the trick. I finally got everything changed over and squared away. It’s Just one of those days I guess lol. I am unable to force reset the ECU with my setup so I’m going to give it the night to do whatever it needs to do so that it will show up on the Uconnect.
I know you said above, so maybe go back and make sure the VehConfig 1-Performance Pages Present = YES is applied, others said it came up after an overnight sit versus with the 2 hard ECU resets like I was able to do.

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know you said above, so maybe go back and make sure the VehConfig 1-Performance Pages Present = YES is applied, others said it came up after an overnight sit versus with the 2 hard ECU resets like I was able to do.
Yeah, I'm going to check again in a few hours. If it still hasn't shown up by then I'll double check the settings to make sure everything applied and saved properly. I'm starting to see the added value from the MX+ now though. I might have to look into grabbing one of those eventually. I didn't realize the cheaper OBD interface options were limited from connecting to certain modules such as the radio option like Jimmy explained.

Last edited:

Toperz

Reaction score
So I tried to update my radio using the pr39 and all it kept saying was media not found. The USB drive would light up 3 or 4 times and nothing more. I extracted all files on the v4pr folder to the USB. And nothing worked, I have 2019 rebel with 12" screen. Can anyone point me on the right direction I think I'm doing the steps correctly
USB has to be less then 32GB and formatted FAT32. 16GB is best.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I used this one and it worked perfectly, it is nominally rated @ 32GB, but is actually 28.5-30GB FAT32 Format.
31WphL7TNmL._AC_.jpg

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Everyone is getting these pages just updating the software??.. or updating the software AND the use of AlfaOBD?..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Everyone is getting these pages just updating the software??.. or updating the software AND the use of AlfaOBD?..

Updating the software and enabling using AlfaODB. It's all listed in the posts above.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
As a bonus for updating the software on my radio, my SXM Weather radar map is now functional

Jonatan617

Reaction score

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you know if a USB C flash drive will work for the software update or just the straight USB port?

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I noticed that on the gauge cluster, there is now a blank screen on the #4 setting (one click below the off-road setting on my menu). Anyone know what this should be and if we can somehow enable it?

Attachments

• 45C45E99-AD9A-46F8-ADF7-6A797EB2C60A.jpeg
    45C45E99-AD9A-46F8-ADF7-6A797EB2C60A.jpeg
    124 KB · Views: 65

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I noticed that on the gauge cluster, there is now a blank screen on the #4 setting (one click below the off-road setting on my menu). Anyone know what this should be and if we can somehow enable it?
My 2020 doesn't have the off-road page in the guages evic. Can't help ya

Users who are viewing this thread