5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Suspension

relic

Reaction score
If you had it before, will you get it again? I love mine, when it works (all the time except the cold half of the year). It helped my hemi/3.92 get 24mpg on highway but I suspect the improvements to the 2019 will achieve that without aero-mode.

It's a no for me.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have it on my 2014 Outdoorsman right now. 4 years with no problems with it. We had a cold snap about 3 weeks ago in the -30C range and no problems with it. It warmed up to 10C and I gave the body a quick wash and then the temp dropped to around freezing and then I get the Immediate Service/Repair warning. Into the shop on Monday.

Looking at the 2019 Rebel without the air suspension.

AndrewGS

Reaction score
Laramie Limited includes it, and that's the only thing I'm really skeptical about.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
AndrewGS post_id=335 time=1518027501 user_id=118 said:
Laramie Limited includes it, and that's the only thing I'm really skeptical about.
I believe there is a delete option for the Air suspension although I could be wrong about that.

D

Deleted member 85

Limited does not have an air ride delete currently:
(see attachment)

Also - Rebels will be standard and absolutely not optional for an air-ride delete.

Attachments

• pasted-from-clipboard.png
    pasted-from-clipboard.png
    32.3 KB · Views: 65
D

Deleted member 85

mikemcfarland said:
ram rebel - optional air ride on u.s. site.
I am mistaken... it's one of the most key and iconic features to the trim with a specially calibrated version of the Air Ride specific to the trim.

I find that a tad odd... I guess if people want the look without the capability?

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
No problem. i love the rebel but ill probably get the canadian sport. (few more options i want). my 2013 ram sport with 166,000 kilometres on it.it is sold when I'm able to order 2019.cant wait. i look after it and the only issue was a plugged fuel filter(warranty) at 91,000 k's. just hoping it is cheaper than my wife's summit was (lol). big ram fan here.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I live in Alaska where it can stay below freezing for months and frequently gets below 0f/-19c. Having had a 2014 Ram I do remember a fair number of people having issues with the air suspension, especially in colder climates. Have they made any improvements in the system to prevent issues with the new model?

D

Deleted member 85

mikemcfarland said:
No problem. i love the rebel but ill probably get the canadian sport. (few more options i want). my 2013 ram sport with 166,000 kilometres on it.it is sold when I'm able to order 2019.cant wait. i look after it and the only issue was a plugged fuel filter(warranty) at 91,000 k's. just hoping it is cheaper than my wife's summit was (lol). big ram fan here.
If you're local to BC, I would love to provide you the best price on your DT order. I can place it any time you're ready.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I can vouch for @BobbiBigWheels anyone thats in BC that doesn't order through him is doing themselves a disservice.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I would have thought the air suspension would have had a way to put air line antifreeze in like the trucks with air brakes.

Now, that said I also don't know how much affect trucks with air brakes have in the locations you live.

Also, I thought I had read somewhere that exhaust location and air line location where corresponding for a warming affect.

Obviously, there have been problems with it, so hopefully they sort it out.

It is odd the Rebel doesn't have this standard...but this may be the reason.

Hope they fix it...it really is a nice option, but I could see why it would be passed on if it freezes up often.

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
BobbiBigWheels said:
If you're local to BC, I would love to provide you the best price on your DT order. I can place it any time you're ready.
hi bobbybig, you bet i live in b.c. just up north in kelowna. ill get you to give me a price when the quad cab 6'4" rambox becomes available.
im also waiting for pricing on the mopar 2" lift + side steps + cold air intake. i don't whats worse... waiting for golf season or waiting to order
the new dt.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone know if the air suspension has the ability to run other air accessories such as airing up tires or running air tools to remove a wheel, etc.

Just curious, as I have been looking into adding an air system to my 99 Ram 2500 and was just curious if this new system was possibly already in that direction...or maybe MOPAR accessories can make it that way.

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
I've read about the cold weather concerns, but despite living in a cold weather state (Michigan), I would risk it. If it has issues in the cold, I don't see that as a deal breaker. I would like to know that the problem has a solution and that solution has been implemented though. Most of the issues I've read about it ended up being related to dirt, mud, debris, etc. on sensors. A simple washing would have resolved those.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
devildodge said:
Anyone know if the air suspension has the ability to run other air accessories such as airing up tires or running air tools to remove a wheel, etc.

Just curious, as I have been looking into adding an air system to my 99 Ram 2500 and was just curious if this new system was possibly already in that direction...or maybe MOPAR accessories can make it that way.
The system is completely sealed and therefor doesn't have the ability to add any external accessories to it. That would be a nice feature though.

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
28765863_1675716312465213_1816500454419333120_n.jpg

This guy has dreams...

J

jimh4662@

2014 limited. Had cold weather issues. Maryland weather not that drastic. Bottomed out to frame stops. Then raised to level two off road. All while driving 60 mph. This happened 4 different times. Dealer printed trouble code... Nothing showed. Now while driving at raised height drove stiff, and no steering wheel recovery from left or right turns. When riding on bump stops and frame flexed on dips, front tires rubbed (factory tires). In final glad one side didn't drop to bump stops and other side raise to level two. You can have the air suspension. Ordered 2019 without air crap suspension.

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
jimh4662@ said:
2014 limited. Had cold weather issues. Maryland weather not that drastic. Bottomed out to frame stops. Then raised to level two off road. All while driving 60 mph. This happened 4 different times. Dealer printed trouble code... Nothing showed. Now while driving at raised height drove stiff, and no steering wheel recovery from left or right turns. When riding on bump stops and frame flexed on dips, front tires rubbed (factory tires). In final glad one side didn't drop to bump stops and other side raise to level two. You can have the air suspension. Ordered 2019 without air crap suspension.
So, four times in four years? Considering how many times the four wheel drive failed to work at all with my Blazer (which, driving in Michigan snow, happened to be the reason I bought the thing in the first place, I was not happy), I would not consider temporary ride height quirks a deal breaker and some owners speak very highly of it. Did it require dealer service every time to resolve?

Users who are viewing this thread