5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Suspension Leveling Kit - Ready lift Vs. Revel Performance (Air Links / Spacer)

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No I will take a picture , that’s a before picture

Reaction score
In order to lift an air ride truck, you either need a shorter front sensor link or a relocated sensor bracket. I believe ready lift is the bracket type, which works fine. There’s no ride comfort difference between changing link length or moving the bracket. All that matters is N2 pressure/ride height. Revel can be adjusted. The ready lift bracket is what it is, no adjusting.
I've got a question regarding air suspension. I have aftermarket links to level the truck out, I want to put it back to stock but the driver side link wont come out (long story) so I bought an entire new ride hight sensor for the front left. I know I have to get it recalibrated from ram but I want to know what will happen to my hight after I swap the sensor out

there are no faults in the system whatsoever,
I plan on:
1) disconnecting the battery
2) removing the sensor
3) putting the new sensor in

Long story -> I was off-roading far from town and the aftermarket link on the driver side has these clips to lock it (all of them do) and that fell out, so I didn’t want the link to pop off the ball join on the control arm so I glued it in. I got home and with some wd40 and a pick tool was able to get the top side out off the ball joint but I got some glue on the bottom side of the link where the sensor arm is and the clip is locked in and won’t come out (I know I’m an idiot) so that’s why I bought the entire new sensor. My uncle says he might be able to get the link off the arm so I’m going to see what becomes of that.

But what will happen once I replace the sensor arm with the new one? Will the truck be at normal ride hight? Will that side not work at all?

IvoryTriLimited

Reaction score
I have used the Rough Country Leveling Links and found that the links provide a really good stance, but you lose the level 1 and 2 Off-Road modes, and the ride is stiffer. I recently had the Ready-Lift 1.5" Leveling Kit #66-19150 installed and couldn't be happier. My Ram 1500 now has a great stance and I have the use of all 5 factory ride levels and great ride. View attachment 152846 View attachment 152848
Hey, were these pictures taken in normal ride height or in one of the off road settings ?

Ram2023limited

Reaction score
I have used the Rough Country Leveling Links and found that the links provide a really good stance, but you lose the level 1 and 2 Off-Road modes, and the ride is stiffer. I recently had the Ready-Lift 1.5" Leveling Kit #66-19150 installed and couldn't be happier. My Ram 1500 now has a great stance and I have the use of all 5 factory ride levels and great ride. View attachment 152846 View attachment 152848
Was this photo taken in normal ride height or off road 2? I’m looking to do the revel performance lift package with daystar spacers + upper control arms and 4 level links.

JRD

Reaction score
Was this photo taken in normal ride height or off road 2? I’m looking to do the revel performance lift package with daystar spacers + upper control arms and 4 level links.
I just got my daystar spacers and front revel links installed with new UCAs they measure at 8.25” I can snap a photo if no one else provides one

Ram2023limited

Reaction score
I just got my daystar spacers and front revel links installed with new UCAs they measure at 8.25” I can snap a photo if no one else provides one
That would be awesome! Did you install rear links as well? I’m hoping to fit a 35/12.50R22 -19 offset. I saw another post on the revel performance website of someone that did the same thing.

Attachments

• IMG_0981.png
    IMG_0981.png
    352.2 KB · Views: 42

JRD

Reaction score
That would be awesome! Did you install rear links as well? I’m hoping to fit a 35/12.50R22 -19 offset. I saw another post on the revel performance website of someone that did the same thing.
I did not install rear links, I read a ton of threads and most people were not running them from what I saw.

My new wheels/tires are same size just r18. If you’re running stock wheels I believe you need a spacer due to the offset.

JRD

Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_0559.jpeg
    IMG_0559.jpeg
    149.7 KB · Views: 29

JRD

Reaction score
As info I just measured all 4 wheels 3/4 are 8” and the rear passenger is 9”. If I can’t get that sorted I may get the rear links. If I were you I’d just get the 4 to be safe

Ram2023limited

Reaction score
As info I just measured all 4 wheels 3/4 are 8” and the rear passenger is 9”. If I can’t get that sorted I may get the rear links. If I were you I’d just get the 4 to be safe
I just ordered the Revel Performance advanced lift package with the daystar spacers, 4 links, and new control arms. I’m going to order 35x12.50R20 or 22s. My worst fear is the 35s could rub on the control arms. I’ve been told otherwise by a few other tire shops that have installed that fitment before that think it should be fine. Hope it works out!

JRD

Reaction score
I just ordered the Revel Performance advanced lift package with the daystar spacers, 4 links, and new control arms. I’m going to order 35x12.50R20 or 22s. My worst fear is the 35s could rub on the control arms. I’ve been told otherwise by a few other tire shops that have installed that fitment before that think it should be fine. Hope it works out!
I got my new wheels today, I haven’t noticed rubbing on UCAs. I did have to trim the wheel well liner which is a work in progress since the power steering system was getting overheated from moving the damn wheels so much I guess?

E.Hands

Reaction score
I got my new wheels today, I haven’t noticed rubbing on UCAs. I did have to trim the wheel well liner which is a work in progress since the power steering system was getting overheated from moving the damn wheels so much I guess?
Please post some pictures with the new wheels!
What kinda symptoms was the power steering giving you?

JRD

Reaction score
Please post some pictures with the new wheels!
What kinda symptoms was the power steering giving you?
These are the new wheels, I love the new set up just wish it had a little more lift. But basically I was constantly trimming and checking on my driveway and it was saying the power steering was overheating and the power steering started to not work. I finished the trimming yesterday and this time I’d adjust the wheel then turn the truck off and had no issues. Drove the truck around the block just to confirm no rubbing and no issues.

Attachments

• IMG_0564.jpeg
    IMG_0564.jpeg
    183.1 KB · Views: 31

JRD

Reaction score
Wow, that looks meaty AF! Can you please post a side shot so we can see the offset profile?
This isn’t a great photo but the wheels sit just about flush with the flares. I don’t drive it often but I can take better photos this weekend

Attachments

• IMG_0586.jpeg
    IMG_0586.jpeg
    146.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0587.jpeg
    IMG_0587.jpeg
    154 KB · Views: 18

JRD

Reaction score
How extensive was your trimming?
To me it was about what I had hoped for, in the photos you’ll see the side with the more extensive trimming is behind the tire. For the rear save yourself the time and just cut straight across and save yourself the time and energy. I spent over an hour trying to trim off as little as possible until I said f it. Overall I’m very happy, but hopefully will get another inch or so out of the links to give a little more lift.

Attachments

• IMG_0608.jpeg
    IMG_0608.jpeg
    144 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0609.jpeg
    IMG_0609.jpeg
    132.9 KB · Views: 22

jmill012

Reaction score
Installed the front and need someone to help me with what length to set the back links at to life the rear 1/2 inch?

Users who are viewing this thread