5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aftermarket Amp and 12” sub install in a HK LIMITED!

dwilc

Reaction score
Can you unpin (instead of cutting) them from the harness at the amp, under the seat?
Are you going to disconnect all 4 mic’s? I wonder if I need to disconnect all 4...?
No I just did the back two and it got rid of the noise. Everything still works with phone and calling.

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I may give that a try as well. See if that eliminates the ANC issue with people in the back seat. That's the only time I've heard it. I either had my kids in the back, or bags on the seat.

dwilc

Reaction score
I may give that a try as well. See if that eliminates the ANC issue with people in the back seat. That's the only time I've heard it. I either had my kids in the back, or bags on the seat.
Yeah its the weirdest thing I didn't notice it until I had the sub in there.

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah its the weirdest thing I didn't notice it until I had the sub in there.
Which ones are the rear? The two outside (orange) ones or the next two in (brown)?

Attachments

• 20190228_165324.jpg
    20190228_165324.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 53

dwilc

Reaction score
Well I'm not sure because when you pull down the mic from roof it just one black wire but when cut its a black and red smaller wires then the ones in the pin under the seat. So somewhere in the roof there is another connector. They couldn't have messed this up any more. If you want email crutch field and they may be able to locate this wiring diagram for you. They are pretty fast at getting back to you. Sorry I couldn't help.

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No worries. I thought I saw a diagram somewhere on here.

EJanx07

Reaction score
Update: I followed @YoAdrian ‘s unpinning steps, and I was finally able to get the 4 + pins removed from the harness, AND Zero feedback noise! Thanks again @YoAdrian!
Stereo sounds great! I honestly can’t tell any difference in road noise in the cab, with it deactivated. I drove to work with the ANC harness unplugged (stereo off), for a test. Half way to work, I pulled over and plugged it back in. Didn’t notice any changes in noise in the cab. In my experience, the ANC is no good. Food for thought..

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update: I followed @YoAdrian ‘s unpinning steps, and I was finally able to get the 4 + pins removed from the harness, AND Zero feedback noise! Thanks again @YoAdrian!
Stereo sounds great! I honestly can’t tell any difference in road noise in the cab, with it deactivated. I drove to work with the ANC harness unplugged (stereo off), for a test. Half way to work, I pulled over and plugged it back in. Didn’t notice any changes in noise in the cab. In my experience, the ANC is no good. Food for thought..

Thanks for doing that test. I thought about it after and should have tried. I thought there was a little difference, but not much! It was a bit of time between testing so I'm not sure my methods were sound. Lol.

Hockeygod1225

Reaction score
P
For those looking to add a sub in my 2016 Ram crew cab I added a single 12” sub box from Fox Acoustic I needed to modify it a lot to work in new 2019 crew cab but they do sell a dual 12” sub box for $300. I’ll post some pics in near future.
[/QUOTdo. You have any pics of the modifications as i am making the same swap. I have that box with a kicker cvx in it.

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That dual 10" box is a slick design. Still have access to the boxes and storage behind.

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thier products are excellent. I am using thier 12" model foe my 2016 ram right now. I just want a single 12" size now though for my 2019.
Ditto. I wish they gave the option to have the same box but in a sealed version vs a ported (vented) box. I personally would like just a single 10" enclosure.

Users who are viewing this thread