5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aftermarket Amp and 12” sub install in a HK LIMITED!

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For those running an aftermarket sub, did you leave the stock one connected or disconnect altogether?

If disconnected, did you notice a loss in the noise cancelling? (My guess is no since the door woofers can probably still produce that frequency without problem).

franc944

Reaction score
For those running an aftermarket sub, did you leave the stock one connected or disconnect altogether?

If disconnected, did you notice a loss in the noise cancelling? (My guess is no since the door woofers can probably still produce that frequency without problem).

I disconnected and removed the stock sub. Now noise cancellation works through the aftermarket sub.

Hackmunch

Reaction score
in the alpine setup the sub is a triple voice coil. so i used 2 to feed the aftermarket sub amp and left one of the coils hooked up. the stock sub with one coil hooked up actually sounds decent. obviously way less power and output.

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone have instructions to removing the 12" screen to access the wiring harness behind it?

I'll be using PAC Ampro which is pretty self explanatory but any instructions or tips on the display unit removal would be greatly appreciated.

Adrianp89

Reaction score
Anyone have instructions to removing the 12" screen to access the wiring harness behind it?

I'll be using PAC Ampro which is pretty self explanatory but any instructions or tips on the display unit removal would be greatly appreciated.

Two screws on very top (have to remove pad next 12v outlet), rest of the panel just pops off. Start by the center, where the dash is a bit flat and long, but at the top of that part on each side.

https://www.mopar.com/moparsvc/pim/media?id=9428497235998 Steps 3,4,5

franc944

Reaction score
So I have been super busy. Too busy to finish up my install. I brought the truck back to the shop that made the box with the PAC module.

The owner of the shop called PAC to verify what we were trying to achieve and the PAC Tech support line would not verify that the unit would work on a 2019 Ram because it had not been tested.

The shop refused to plug it in and try it. Instead they cut the “crank wire” to the amp to disable ANC. He said the PAC. Support line said not to cut all 4 mics only the crank wire at the amp under the driver seat.

That worked! Sounds mint and I get to send the PAC unit and RCA’s back n save $200.

Hackmunch

Reaction score
did they give you a reason why not to disconnect the mic wires? i did on mine and it works great.

Adrianp89

Reaction score
Funny they refused to try. It is listed as compatible and multiple people on here have used it already.

franc944

Reaction score
I told the installers others here have used it with no issue but the PAC Tech support line must have scared him by not verifying it would work.

They didn’t want to take a chance of burning something out.

They said if they were doing a full system with 3 amps they would try it but just for a sub amp it’s not necessary.

Last edited:

Adrianp89

Reaction score
did they give you a reason why not to disconnect the mic wires? i did on mine and it works great.

I would say because you disable a factory system but they did so anyways. That runs inherit risks of its own.

franc944

Reaction score
The installer said the PAC tech support peep said even if the module worked it would not get rid of anc drone which was all we were trying to achieve.

We already had the system sounding good.

Adrianp89

Reaction score
The installer said the PAC tech support peep said even if the module worked it would not get rid of anc drone which was all we were trying to achieve.

We already had the system sounding good.

Must have been talking to a newb lol. I can't believe PAC support was that bad. I'll let our rep know.

Esworld05

Reaction score
From my understanding and personal experience, the pac eliminated the anc in previous vehicles. That Pac rep seemed like they didn't have a clue of their own products.
So far my truck has gone 2k miles without messing up, so I'm thinking its ready for the audio install.

EJanx07

Reaction score
, update to issue with back feed coming through sub woofer. This is the pin under the seat. These wires need to be removed from and pin. Then plug pin back into module. All the Acitve mics will be dis connected.

I have the base 6 speaker system in my Big Horn, but found out that there is a amp under the seat, and I also have ANC. ( I haven’t read other people on the forum, even bringing up an amp and ANC on the 6 speaker system. I’m pretty positive it’s the base system).
The stereo installer can’t seem to figure out why I am still getting ANC interference... he double checked all speaker polarity, and he said all is good. But I’m still getting lots of noise from just the subwoofer.
Thoughts on how to fix this? I’m frustrated after spending 5hrs, and a few hundred dollars, only to not be able to listen to my upgraded system! Very nerve racking...
It sounds great when the truck isn’t running, lol
I’m just adding a 2ohm amp and 1 10” sub.
If I disable the ANC, will it impact/interfer with any other aspects electronically?
Thank you!!!!

dwilc

Reaction score
I have the base 6 speaker system in my Big Horn, but found out that there is a amp under the seat, and I also have ANC. ( I haven’t read other people on the forum, even bringing up an amp and ANC on the 6 speaker system. I’m pretty positive it’s the base system).
The stereo installer can’t seem to figure out why I am still getting ANC interference... he double checked all speaker polarity, and he said all is good. But I’m still getting lots of noise from just the subwoofer.
Thoughts on how to fix this? I’m frustrated after spending 5hrs, and a few hundred dollars, only to not be able to listen to my upgraded system! Very nerve racking...
It sounds great when the truck isn’t running, lol
I’m just adding a 2ohm amp and 1 10” sub.
If I disable the ANC, will it impact/interfer with any other aspects electronically?
Thank you!!!!
No it won’t hurt anything else. I cut the back two mic wires in the roof and it works fine. I left enough room to reconnect later if needed.

dwilc

Reaction score
For those looking to add a sub in my 2016 Ram crew cab I added a single 12” sub box from Fox Acoustic I needed to modify it a lot to work in new 2019 crew cab but they do sell a dual 12” sub box for $300. I’ll post some pics in near future.

EJanx07

Reaction score
No it won’t hurt anything else. I cut the back two mic wires in the roof and it works fine. I left enough room to reconnect later if needed.
Can you unpin (instead of cutting) them from the harness at the amp, under the seat?
Are you going to disconnect all 4 mic’s? I wonder if I need to disconnect all 4...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/