5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aftermarket Amp and 12” sub install in a HK LIMITED!

Hackmunch

Reaction score
This is the alpine one

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-12-03-11-47-59.png
    Screenshot_2018-12-03-11-47-59.png
    236 KB · Views: 155

horn1004

Reaction score
This is the alpine one
thank you! do you by chance have a diagram for the hk sub? im assuming put all three positives together and all three negatives together and wire to the bare ends of the rca cable? the reason why i ask is because in my prior rams there were only four wires going to the sub.

Adrianp89

Reaction score
I am getting ready to add an amp and sub to my truck with the HK. Similar to what I did in my previous trucks I want to just clip the wires going to the factory sub and splice in RCAs. Does anybody know on the 19s what the + and - wires are for the sub?

I haven't read everything - but based on over 10 years of install experience this wouldn't work with ANC, you would get strong feedback from the sub. It's been this way for Hondas and Ford for years.

As crap as the signal is and the strong cut-off it presents, I would strongly recommend anyone to use the AP4.

horn1004

Reaction score
, update to issue with back feed coming through sub woofer. This is the pin under the seat. These wires need to be removed from and pin. Then plug pin back into module. All the Acitve mics will be dis connected.
If I'm reading that pic correctly it will be a total of 8 wires removed from the connector correct?

Raf

Reaction score
, update to issue with back feed coming through sub woofer. This is the pin under the seat. These wires need to be removed from and pin. Then plug pin back into module. All the Acitve mics will be dis connected.
Is this for the HK system?

horn1004

Reaction score
So I got everything ran today and ran into some issues. Shown below is how I got my signal for my rca’s. There is one positive and one negative so I spliced each side into my rca cable like I have always done in my previous Rams.

My issue is I think the anc may be messing with the input coming into the amp. The output from the subs is all over the place. It seems like the anc is trying to cut out the subs so they don’t have consistent output. I have attached two pics of the clips from the factory amp. I’m unsure which clip has the anc wires that I want to clip. Can someone let me know which clip is the one I need to pull out and make my clips?

Is it possible that the + and - that I used from the factory sub is not suitable to provide input for my rca’s? I’m kind of at a loss because I followed the same procedure on my wife’s Tahoe with anc and had no issues.

Attachments

• 5508F5AA-FE7E-496A-AA95-27D2E048752B.jpeg
    5508F5AA-FE7E-496A-AA95-27D2E048752B.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 214
  • 028A9A9E-91F3-4D4A-8814-867329462859.jpeg
    028A9A9E-91F3-4D4A-8814-867329462859.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 210
  • C8725683-BEE1-40BA-8A23-40A55C951BF3.jpeg
    C8725683-BEE1-40BA-8A23-40A55C951BF3.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 210

horn1004

Reaction score
I should also say that I have an alpine MRV-500 amp and 2 JL 10w0 4 ohm wired in parallel so the amp sees 2 ohms. I had to turn the gain on the amp to max to get the subs to play at the output that they should

horn1004

Reaction score
So I just played around with it a little bit more and here’s some more info. When playing music at lower volumes <20 the bass is consistent and I can use my remote bass knob to adjust the bass. Once I get above 20 is where the bass starts ”clipping” in and out.

franc944

Reaction score
Can whoever used the PAC line out converter please post pics on where they installed it and how? Like do you have to pull the 12” screen? How do you get to that big connector to tee off of?

horn1004

Reaction score
Can whoever used the PAC line out converter please post pics on where they installed it and how? Like do you have to pull the 12” screen? How do you get to that big connector to tee off of?
I’ve got The audiocontrol lc2i on order which is somewhat similar so if we don’t get a pic of it before I’ll show you how mine gets done. I want to tap in before the amp if possible, but the easiest place to tap into is the wires going to the factory sub. The only problem with that is it’s only one channel and the converter is a two channel.

horn1004

Reaction score
So I went to a local shop here and told them what I had going on. The guy said let’s try a PAC35? and see what it does. It’s a night and day difference. I had to turn the gain down on my amp from max to a little over 1/4 from min and now have twice the output and no roll off. The converter was $25. I forgot to get pics before he put everything back together but the converter hooked right into the factory sub speaker wires. The only problem I have now is from the ANC. I have a remote bass knob and with no music playing I’ve got to turn it all the way down or the drone from the subs is almost unbearable. I tried pulling the mics and covering them up but that didn’t work. Looks like I’ll be pulling some wires out of the ANC plug this weekend. When I get a chance I’ll post some pics of my setup.

Hackmunch

Reaction score
flop the sub wires on amp 180 degree. let me know if drone goes away.

horn1004

Reaction score
So here is the final product in my truck. I’m not real happy with the carpet because it’s obviously not close to the factory carpet color but it was the only navy carpet I could find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online