5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aftermarket 13.6" Display Radio

irishwake63

Reaction score
What are you asking about? Please explain in more detail. Because I'm not aware of any issue like that.
its what they were talking about above that the message is coming up when no one is in vehicle draining batteries

kennyjd6

Reaction score
Has anyone had this issue with the 360 Cameras?
When putting it into reverse or pressing the camera button on the radio it goes to the bed camera not the tailgate/360 camera, and the 360 view and front camera etc are not showing.

I have found that pressing the camera button on the radio and then putting it into reverse will sometimes show the full 360 view just like on the original radio, but then it will go away. So seems like the connections are correct.
Tried contacting phoenix but they haven't come up with a solution yet...

Attachments

• PXL_20240604_180131903.jpg
    PXL_20240604_180131903.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 16

Matt_T

Reaction score
My friend has the exact same truck as mine. We bought them the same day, same dealer. His is black and always had issues with the AC not being cold enough. Mine (silver) never had an issue. After he also installed the Android 10 13.6 inch radio, his first observation was the AC started blowing cold air. So, not a placebo. I actually confirmed that myself.
I have a 2019 Bighorn. I have always had issues with my AC not being as cold as I felt it should be. I lived in Texas for a time and if I wasn't on the freeway moving 60+ the AC could not keep up.
Just to confirm this after market android head unit seems to fix your friends AC? If true its worth the price since the dealership is useless.

Matt_T

Reaction score
I really would like to get one but the poor FM (even though I don't listen to it) are a deal breaker as is the low quality backup camera. I will never go back to anything less the the clear HD image the stock radio gave me. Too bad to Uconnect is terrible.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a 2019 Bighorn. I have always had issues with my AC not being as cold as I felt it should be. I lived in Texas for a time and if I wasn't on the freeway moving 60+ the AC could not keep up.
Just to confirm this after market android head unit seems to fix your friends AC? If true its worth the price since the dealership is useless.
There is absolutely no way it fixed his AC. The head unit has nothing to do with that outside of controlling the fan speed and setting the temp. Everything else is handled outside of that.
I really would like to get one but the poor FM (even though I don't listen to it) are a deal breaker as is the low quality backup camera. I will never go back to anything less the the clear HD image the stock radio gave me. Too bad to Uconnect is terrible.
There is nothing wrong with FM. Mine works perfectly. And the camera is only slightly degraded. Like very slightly. I don't even notice an issue with the surround view cameras. I might not be able to see an ant crawling on the ground, but I can easily see the lines for parking and anything else I need. It's been blown out of proportion.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Prob needs the AC redesign

Users who are viewing this thread