5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advice needed for exterior accessories ie: bug (hood shield) shield, window vents and splash mud guards.

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Site Supporter
Reaction score
🤔 Weird. My WT stone and bug deflector went right on with no problems and with enough clearance that I doubt I even needed to use the little adhesive bumpers... though I did.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Sorry, my bad for not realizing you were asking about the WT screen (even though you plainly said that LOL). Mine is the Mopar screen, but it possibly had the same issue. I just drilled a new hole in the screen, far enough over to allow me to use the mounting bracket. I don't know how the WT is mounted so I don't know if that solution will work for you.

bug screen.jpg

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Sorry, my bad for not realizing you were asking about the WT screen (even though you plainly said that LOL). Mine is the Mopar screen, but it possibly had the same issue. I just drilled a new hole in the screen, far enough over to allow me to use the mounting bracket. I don't know how the WT is mounted so I don't know if that solution will work for you.
No worries.
The WT one goes under the weather stripping at 6 points, it's chunky.
🤔 Weird. My WT stone and bug deflector went right on with no problems and with enough clearance that I doubt I even needed to use the little adhesive bumpers... though I did.
I can't get it under the weather stripping and flat against the hood to use the push clip.
Also the push clips are way too long to even use.
Do you have the sport hood? Can you send me a picture of what it looks like on the inside how you mounted it? It's insane how hard it is to find pictures of this stuff online.

MontFla

Reaction score
Advice need for exterior accessories ie: bug shield, window vents and splash mud guards on my22 limited longhorn with chrome grill/mirrors/window trim and color match bumpers (Patriot Blue).
So far I am leaning towards the Mopar hood shield, issue is Mopar only makes a matte black and chrome model and they only make chrome and smoke colored window vents. This leaves me with only one choice if i want Mopar brand and want them to match. If I go with the matte black Mopar hood shield, I could get an after market brand window vents in matte black.

I have looked at almost all the bug/hood shields, and only Mopar's seems to have a custom fit that follows the center line in the hood.
AS for the mud splash guards I love the look of Mopar's one that have the lettering RAM on them, but they seem like a ****ty design with an area for snow, dirt/mud and rocks to collect(its like a shelf).

I would love to hear you opinion on what you have done with your truck and possibly brands or models to stay away from.

Photos would help out greatly! And thanks in advance
Order through Real Truck!! The customer service was outstanding when I had a return issue

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No worries.
The WT one goes under the weather stripping at 6 points, it's chunky.

I can't get it under the weather stripping and flat against the hood to use the push clip.
Also the push clips are way too long to even use.
Do you have the sport hood? Can you send me a picture of what it looks like on the inside how you mounted it? It's insane how hard it is to find pictures of this stuff online.
I would, but I'm in California and the truck is in Florida... and I do not have the sport hood.

ETA: Best I could find online after a quick search:

Last edited:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I would, but I'm in California and the truck is in Florida... and I do not have the sport hood.

ETA: Best I could find online after a quick search:

Thanks for finding the video.
It looks close to mine but the hoof still looks a little different.
I don't think I even have that many push clips like the guy does in the video, Ill need to take another look at it tomorrow. Today I did my first oil change and my catch can install so time went quick.

Big J

Reaction score
Advice need for exterior accessories ie: bug shield, window vents and splash mud guards on my22 limited longhorn with chrome grill/mirrors/window trim and color match bumpers (Patriot Blue).
So far I am leaning towards the Mopar hood shield, issue is Mopar only makes a matte black and chrome model and they only make chrome and smoke colored window vents. This leaves me with only one choice if i want Mopar brand and want them to match. If I go with the matte black Mopar hood shield, I could get an after market brand window vents in matte black.

I have looked at almost all the bug/hood shields, and only Mopar's seems to have a custom fit that follows the center line in the hood.
AS for the mud splash guards I love the look of Mopar's one that have the lettering RAM on them, but they seem like a ****ty design with an area for snow, dirt/mud and rocks to collect(its like a shelf).

I would love to hear you opinion on what you have done with your truck and possibly brands or models to stay away from.

Photos would help out greatly! And thanks in advance
Love my Ram Mud Flaps from ultimateflaps.com they take care of the truck and the trailer. 20220422_163304.jpg 20220422_163322.jpg 20220422_163345.jpg 20220422_163414.jpg 20220422_163422.jpg 20220422_163436.jpg 20220422_163644.jpg 20220422_163656.jpg

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Those look really good.
I have the heavy duty Mopar ones on order, but they got back ordered right after I placed my order so they arent expected to ship until next Thursday >_<
I think i may cancel and order that brand.

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I love them, so how much where they for the set of 4? Do you happen to have the link if they were bought online? Thanks for all the detailed photos! My Limited Longhorn just came in and have some chrome on it and these would look good on it!

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Is that a legit website? It looks fishy AF.
It's actually 3 different websites and most of the pages say "coming soon" they have a bunch of pictures of other peoples product and state it's custom made.
I want to order a set of flaps, maybe I will try and use Paypal so i'm covered.
The ultimateflaps.com website was created 7/20/21
The host website ULTIMATETRUCK.COM was created all the way back in 1998!
Then they also have ultimatebumper.com which was created in 2009 but still says coming soon.

Their listed phone number is 877-921-1531, and 877 isn't a physical area code. They give an address of 15 N Argonne Rd, Spokane Valley, WA 99212 which is an actual location so maybe they are just new to online sales. Their actual phone number is 509-921-1531, I think ill give them a ring tomorrow and see what they say. Their website says no drill installation, but also says they don't have instructions.

On a side note I want someone to buy and install 2022 Ram Truck 1500 AVS Aeroskin LightShield PRO | RealTruck and give me instructions on where to run the wire to. Looks lit AF.

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's actually 3 different websites and most of the pages say "coming soon" they have a bunch of pictures of other peoples product and state it's custom made.
Then they also have ultimatebumper.com which was created in 2009 but still says coming soon.

Their listed phone number is 877-921-1531, and 877 isn't a physical area code. They give an address of 15 N Argonne Rd, Spokane Valley, WA 99212 which is an actual location so maybe they are just new to online sales. Their actual phone number is 509-921-1531, I think ill give them a ring tomorrow and see what they say. Their website says no drill installation, but also says they don't have instructions.

On a side note I want someone to buy and install 2022 Ram Truck 1500 AVS Aeroskin LightShield PRO | RealTruck and give me instructions on where to run the wire to. Looks lit AF.
I looked into the light hood protector and googled a youtube video, it seems you wire it to the parking lights so when you have those or your headlights they will be on.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I looked into the light hood protector and googled a youtube video, it seems you wire it to the parking lights so when you have those or your headlights they will be on.
This one is different.
It needs to be wired in with lights and blinkers.
This one is not even a month old, has the word "pro" at the end.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
This is what I see. But I would rather see what people can do on the truck. Running wires to both lights is kinda dumb and sloppy.
1650941972819.png
1650941979889.png

Big J

Reaction score
I love them, so how much where they for the set of 4? Do you happen to have the link if they were bought online? Thanks for all the detailed photos! My Limited Longhorn just came in and have some chrome on it and these would look good on it!
Set of 4 = $229.40 call them toll free at 877-921-1531 or 509-921-1531. Online link is Home - Ultimate Flaps

Big J

Reaction score
Are those flexible or hard like plastic?
Easy install it looks?
From the website, "Ultimate Flaps are built using a 3/8 inch thick polyethylene material with textures on the outside surface and a smooth, grooved inside surface that channels mud, snow and water down and away from your vehicle, the polyethylene material stays flexible to 42 degrees F below zero and remains rigid, but flexible, and never limp like rubber flaps." Lifetime warranty but they are not cheap. Install was fairly easy but the rear flaps had to be drilled to exactly match the bolt pattern, worth the extra time on install for me about 1.5 hours but I'm not a youngster anymore. Check em out at Home - Ultimate Flaps

Big J

Reaction score

They are legit as myself, my photos and my comments, but this post seems to want to discredit a company that you haven't even called. After my real experience with this company and their staff this post is the only thing that sounds a bit fishy.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score

View attachment 126514
Thank you VERY much for posting this photo. I did the install myself this time & this photo really helped make it easy for me to do the same with mine. Dealer said the Mopar hood protector doesn’t fit the sport hood & I said well the one it fits the same sport hood on the one I traded in to you guys - it does with the slightest modification anyway! Looks way better this time around.

Users who are viewing this thread