5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding passive entry

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks, I should have elaborated my confusion. I understand tapping into the harness vs buying one. I was lost at the part numbers, what and where to spice and where to get all the connections. I’m competent enough to complete the work just need detailed instructions if anyone is able to provide.
Here is where to buy:

1241380-1

963530-1

1-1438608-5

1355717-1

2019Rebel0747

Reaction score
Here is where to buy:

1241380-1

963530-1

1-1438608-5

1355717-1

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks, I should have elaborated my confusion. I understand tapping into the harness vs buying one. I was lost at the part numbers, what and where to spice and where to get all the connections. I’m competent enough to complete the work just need detailed instructions if anyone is able to provide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ah, gotcha. These are the two terminals for the antenna wires that get inserted into the XY630 facia harness connector- https://www.digikey.com/product-det...amp-connectors/1241380-1/A107016CT-ND/3488577
These are the wire seals for them- https://www.digikey.com/products/en?keywords=963530-1
This is the connector, it’s location, and where to insert those terminals-
k50a7sc.jpg
LTaBmKr.jpg
nqnPb7M.jpg

This is the connector shell that plugs into the antenna- https://www.digikey.com/products/en?keywords=1-1438608-5
These are the terminals for that connector shell- https://www.digikey.com/product-det...amp-connectors/1355717-1/A126703CT-ND/7690341
The same wire seals as above can be used for these terminals.
This is the antenna connector pinout, and it’s location-
QD16ofK.jpg
h0Gl0GA.jpg

The wire size called for is .35mm2, which comes out to 22AWG.
The antenna part number is 52112203AA. It comes up on the mopar sites as $280, but it must be the wrong price, as it should be ~$8, so I don’t know what’s going on there.
EDIT: just noticed mannyhen posted some links, but you can get them all in one spot from digikey to avoid two shipping charges.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
The antenna part number is 52112203AA. It comes up on the mopar sites as $280, but it must be the wrong price, as it should be ~$8, so I don’t know what’s going on there.
No, unfortunately, the $280 price is correct.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No, unfortunately, the $280 price is correct.
If that’s the case, use part number 52112204AA, which is the antenna for the rear cabin wall. It is the same exact antenna, except the mounting tabs are oriented different.

parnine

Reaction score
If that’s the case, use part number 52112204AA, which is the antenna for the rear cabin wall. It is the same exact antenna, except the mounting tabs are oriented different.

Continued progress ..... awesome.

Does anyone know how many antennas there are in a truck equipped with passive entry from the factory, versus our trucks that we are modifying?

For example, this "rear cabin wall" antenna, is that in a truck with out passive entry but that remote start?

For example, all DTs come with 'keyless entry' (remote FOBs) so have some antenna, but what other antennas (locations) are then added when one adds remote start, passive entry, tailgate release, etc.

I assume the rear antenna is originally for tailgate release?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Does anyone know how many antennas there are in a truck equipped with passive entry from the factory, versus our trucks that we are modifying?

For example, this "rear cabin wall" antenna, is that in a truck with out passive entry but that remote start?

For example, all DTs come with 'keyless entry' (remote FOBs) so have some antenna, but what other antennas (locations) are then added when one adds remote start, passive entry, tailgate release, etc.

On all factory non passive entry trucks, there are four antennae- rear wall, underneath center console (these sense the fob inside the truck), and one in each rear door (to sense the fob outside the truck). Those four are necessary in order for fobik safe to work for the keyless go only feature. On passive entry trucks, there is one additional antenna in the rear bumper. This one senses the fob, and tells the BCM to enable the handle switch sense circuit. Without this antenna when passive entry is enabled, fobik safe goes into a failsafe mode. The remote start antenna is different, and is under the headliner above the rear window.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Mine is Bighorn with remote start and have 4/5 antennas present. One in each of the rear doors, one on the back wall of the cab, and the 4th should be under the console, although I haven't laid eyes on that one.

The only one missing is the rear bumper antenna for passive entry.

parnine

Reaction score
Thanks for confirming this. If you have AlfaOBD and would be able to pull the faults from the RF Hub, I'd be curious to see if we are getting the same error code, and if you might be getting any additional ones from the missing handle.

Sorry but I've not yet invested in the AlfaOBD setup.

Maybe mike_ct can share his codes, I think we have the exact same setups (only drivers side installed) and
On all factory non passive entry trucks, there are four antennae- rear wall, underneath center console (these sense the fob inside the truck), and one in each rear door (to sense the fob outside the truck). Those four are necessary in order for fobik safe to work for the keyless go only feature. On passive entry trucks, there is one additional antenna in the rear bumper. This one senses the fob, and tells the BCM to enable the handle switch sense circuit. Without this antenna when passive entry is enabled, fobik safe goes into a failsafe mode. The remote start antenna is different, and is under the headliner above the rear window.

Thanks!

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Is there any reason you may be aware of that all of the antennas except for the rear wall are $200+ if they are the same as you are saying? Do you know if maybe the one on the rear wall may be directional as to only sense when the fob is in the truck while the others are able to sense it from all sides?

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So is the tailgate antenna required for this or is that only if you want the remote tailgate release?

It is not required for the passive entry on the cab to function, however, fobiksafe will not function as intended as there will be a fault due to the missing antenna the system will now be looking for. It will not cause the cel to come on, but the fault will be present in the rf hub.

moparleo51

Reaction score
question the 5th antenna that we need for the passive entry for us non passive entry trucks, does it also get us the ability to have the remote tailgate release ?

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
question the 5th antenna that we need for the passive entry for us non passive entry trucks, does it also get us the ability to have the remote tailgate release ?
That's a good question. I've been wondering myself...

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score

By remote release are you referring to the ability to release the latch via a fob or button in the cab, or being able to walk up and open it while the vehicle is locked?

With the 5th antenna, you should be able to walk up and press the button on the tailgate and open it with the truck locked as long as the fob is on your person. The Grand Cherokee works this way for the liftgate with its passive entry, I suspect the Ram to be no different.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No. That’s an entirely different feature. The sales code for that is JKR, and you would need a fob that has that button programmed. Even if the circuit board of a standard fob contains the button for it and just not the rubber overlay, the setting isn’t in AlfaOBD to enable. I’ve been having Alexey look for it for over a year now, and he can’t find it- not even on a Jeep Grand Cherokee for remote liftgate release (which would be the same setting).

moparleo51

Reaction score
No. That’s an entirely different feature. The sales code for that is JKR, and you would need a fob that has that button programmed. Even if the circuit board of a standard fob contains the button for it and just not the rubber overlay, the setting isn’t in AlfaOBD to enable. I’ve been having Alexey look for it for over a year now, and he can’t find it- not even on a Jeep Grand Cherokee for remote liftgate release (which would be the same setting).
thanks for clearing that up for me

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is there any reason you may be aware of that all of the antennas except for the rear wall are $200+ if they are the same as you are saying? Do you know if maybe the one on the rear wall may be directional as to only sense when the fob is in the truck while the others are able to sense it from all sides?
I’m not so sure. I believe all LF antenna that FCA uses across all vehicle lines have the same properties. I do know the 4th gens can use any of those antennas. Also, the 2019+ HD trucks use the same passive entry system as the 5th gen 1500s, but they use three different part numbers for the antennas. The only difference seems to be the orientation of the mounting tabs. The setup I’m sending you is an extra antenna I had laying around, and actually has two different part numbers stamped on it that comes up covering a wide range of FCA vehicles from 2013-2020. Even if it happens to be directional, it can just be mounted flipped around.

BGWS

Reaction score
Sorry but I've not yet invested in the AlfaOBD setup.

Maybe mike_ct can share his codes, I think we have the exact same setups (only drivers side installed) and

Thanks!
Would like to hear how just the driver side door is working in detail. PM me to keep thread clear TIA

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread