5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding passive entry

nco415

Reaction score
Does anyone know the part number for the connector and terminals at the door handle, and terminals at the A pillar connector? I did look but couldn't see it here anywhere. Gong to try and make my own harness. The door harness up here in Canada are expensive and the exchange rate doesn't help either, they are $170 ea. I did see the info for the rear antenna.

Thanks for the help.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know the part number for the connector and terminals at the door handle, and terminals at the A pillar connector? I did look but couldn't see it here anywhere. Gong to try and make my own harness. The door harness up here in Canada are expensive and the exchange rate doesn't help either, they are $170 ea. I did see the info for the rear antenna.

Thanks for the help.
The terminals for the door connectors are Aptiv 10762775. The connector shell that plugs into the door handle is yazaki 7283-6079-30. The terminals for that connector shell are Yazaki 7116-4720-02. The Aptiv terminals you can get anywhere (mouser, digikey, etc), but the Yazaki stuff is hard to find without minimum quantity requirements. Best bet is to call SMD Inc, and request free samples, and they should give them to you if it’s your first time using them.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
is there a way to collect all this awesome info into a single post? trying to follow what works/doesn't is so hard across so many posts.

thanks to all the guys who have figured this out. I can't wait to add passive entry to my drivers side.

I am currently working on an all-inclusive “how -to”. I’ve been working on it day by day while continuing to gather information and troubleshoot. My initial goal was to have it up this weekend, however I would like to finish troubleshooting the issue we are working through before I put it up. So if all goes to plan, by next weekend I should have the 5th antenna installed and working, and get a chance to pull everything apart to get the photos I’m missing for the write up and get it all on “paper”. I know everyone is anxious to get this done, but I don’t want to post the how-to until everything is working as it should from the factory, so just hang tight a little bit longer and I will put the full install in a new thread so it’s easier to read through.

2019Rebel0747

Reaction score
I am currently working on an all-inclusive “how -to”. I’ve been working on it day by day while continuing to gather information and troubleshoot. My initial goal was to have it up this weekend, however I would like to finish troubleshooting the issue we are working through before I put it up. So if all goes to plan, by next weekend I should have the 5th antenna installed and working, and get a chance to pull everything apart to get the photos I’m missing for the write up and get it all on “paper”. I know everyone is anxious to get this done, but I don’t want to post the how-to until everything is working as it should from the factory, so just hang tight a little bit longer and I will put the full install in a new thread so it’s easier to read through.

Much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Repsol_Maker

Reaction score
Can't wait for an all inclusive write-up, very interested in doing this to my truck, the one option I wish had gotten.

Thank you.

BGWS

Reaction score
I can’t wait for a write up with part numbers for the 2019 ram 2500 HD! Super excited!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He gave me the part # for handles contacting dealer for wire harness part numbers tomorrow.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Da MNTN

Reaction score
I just gone done saying I Don't want to spend any more money on my truck for some time... lool looks like that is going to be short lived....
Crazy how much I miss this feature... thought I would not.... but I do!

You guys are geniuses!

BGWS

Reaction score
I used the $8 antenna on the rear bumper and it all works as factory. Doors and tailgate. I figured for 8 bux it was worth a shot
Don't you need a different handle on the tailgate?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

msnyder1112

Reaction score
Also interested in this. Excited to see the how-to and determine how if it will be a PITA or not. I don't understand why they didn't just put this on the truck as standard... ugh!

Mine is blue streak, please include the part numbers for mine! I looked and looked but I couldn't locate the handles in this color.. not sure what I'm doing wrong.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also interested in this. Excited to see the how-to and determine how if it will be a PITA or not. I don't understand why they didn't just put this on the truck as standard... ugh!

Mine is blue streak, please include the part numbers for mine! I looked and looked but I couldn't locate the handles in this color.. not sure what I'm doing wrong.

The biggest pita is dealing with the wiring inside the door, the rest is easy.

I don't have an easy way to search everyone's part numbers, so I am only going to include stuff like the terminal pins and connectors for those that want to do their own wiring. There are several dozen combinations of handles, caps, and harnesses based on vehicle options. If someone is willing to go through and compile all that, I will gladly incorporate it into a master parts list. When I create the new thread, I will reserve a post at the beginning just for all the various part numbers that can be updated as people source them.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It is plug and play or do you need to run wires for it as well? I need to order that antenna.

The rear bumper requires either the bumper harness, or wires run from the body connector to the antenna. The part numbers for building it yourself are not too far back in this thread, and I will be including them in the write-up as well.

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The rear bumper requires either the bumper harness, or wires run from the body connector to the antenna. The part numbers for building it yourself are not too far back in this thread, and I will be including them in the write-up as well.
Do trucks already have the bumper harness? I have a level 2 bighorn so I have the rear sensors and whatnot.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do trucks already have the bumper harness? I have a level 2 bighorn so I have the rear sensors and whatnot.

There is one there, but it is not set up for PE. And it appears to have the same configuration as yours. I verified last week and the pin locations on the bumper harness are filled with plugs currently. The wiring is present all the way to the connector on the body harness though.

racerxxxr

Reaction score
I am patiently waiting for the complete write up but I would be interested in the $8 antenna for the rear if someone has the part number early. I looked back through the thread but must have missed it. I have already ordered everything else for the doors. Thanks

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am patiently waiting for the complete write up but I would be interested in the $8 antenna for the rear if someone has the part number early. I looked back through the thread but must have missed it. I have already ordered everything else for the doors. Thanks

I should have the less expensive antenna in hand later this week and plan on installing it to verify function before pushing out the how-to. It has taken a bit longer than I was hoping, but I want to make sure that the system is fully functioning as intended using the instructions before putting it out there.

Users who are viewing this thread