5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding passive entry

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I do have the 8.4 NAV, but my remotes do NOT have the remote start button on them. So it sounds like the most cost effective thing to do would be to get the thieving devils to add the remote start, and then I can add the prox parts and the trailer brake controller and then "activate" everything through AlfaOBD. Am I on the right track?

Also, I have body colored door handles due to the sport package; will I lose that going to the prox handles?
For remote start, it’s not just a matter of replacing the fob and having it programmed. You also need a different RF Hub with remote start antenna, and the correct hood latch. You will have to go through hell with FCA and guardian to get the remote start feature added to the app.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
For remote start, it’s not just a matter of replacing the fob and having it programmed. You also need a different RF Hub with remote start antenna, and the correct hood latch. You will have to go through hell with FCA and guardian to get the remote start feature added to the app.
Right... The remote start upgrade is way more involved than the Passive entry...

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How nice of them to compile a kit for this and upcharge it haha. I saw this on a facebook group and figured it would show up here soon.

The parts can definitely be had for cheaper if you do you own research. At least they were upfront about the whole sales code debacle instead of just straight ripping people off with no warning.

On another note, I'm working on compiling some photos and whatnot, and hope to have the full write-up for the install done by the end of the week. I'm planning on including door panel removal since that is the part that will probably give everyone the most trouble, and this way it will all be in one place.

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tha
The parts can definitely be had for cheaper if you do you own research. At least they were upfront about the whole sales code debacle instead of just straight ripping people off with no warning.

On another note, I'm working on compiling some photos and whatnot, and hope to have the full write-up for the install done by the end of the week. I'm planning on including door panel removal since that is the part that will probably give everyone the most trouble, and this way it will all be in one place.
that would be welcome, I still haven't torn into mine to do this lol.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Looking forward to the install guide. I am going to need it for sure. Especially the door panel and AlfaOBD stuff as I have zero experience with alfaobd.

lrobbi

Reaction score

This would be awesome... I have my parts needed for this - have not had time to tear it down and get the install done. My wife asked me about it twice now. Thanks for doing this.

parnine

Reaction score

In addition to the door, the other challenging aspect is getting the wire run around the window channel and secured in the clips, as this is a major pain .... but important for long term operation

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In addition to the door, the other challenging aspect is getting the wire run around the window channel and secured in the clips, as this is a major pain .... but important for long term operation

You are 100% correct on that. There isn't much slack in the factory harness and it took me quite a while to make sure it was secured.

BGWS

Reaction score
Looking for part #s for 2019 2500 Bighorn 6.4L Diamond Black Crystal Pearl

Vendish

Reaction score
Also posting here to keep track of everything and stay up to date while waiting on the write up. Thank you to all who have worked on this over the last few months! Looking forward to adding this "should have been standard" option"!

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@MayhemMOORE and I have been talking back and forth trying to figure out why passive entry and fobik safe isn’t working correctly like factory equipped passive entry truck, then I realized something I wasn’t even thinking about- Does everyone here who added passive get the three honks and unlock doors if you open the door with fob in pocket, lock the doors with the interior switch, then get out and shut the door?

BGWS

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out the parts list for a 2019 2500 yet?

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone figured out the parts list for a 2019 2500 yet?

I believe @MannyHen has been helping out some people with that as he seems to have a good way to get them via your VIN. Might try sending him a message directly and see if he can help you out.

And as @Jimmy07 mentioned, we are working back and forth trying to figure out the issue with fobiksafe to save everyone some headache, and he's been an indispensable help in this venture. The actual passive entry side of things works as intended; fob in pocket, grab handle, door unlocks, open door, get in, start the truck and drive away. It's the fobiksafe side that isn't quite right. For those of us that are accustomed to locking the door from the inside as we exit the vehicle, if you do so as you're used to, as soon as the door closes you get the 3 honks as it auto-unlocks. It doesn't matter if both fobs (or however many you have programmed), one fob, or no fobs are in or out of the cab, it still triggers the fobik safe. He believes, and it makes sense, that this is due to a system fault of not having the 5th antenna present (behind the rear license plate). This makes sense as we confirmed an error code present related to it.

So I will second the request to anyone who has had this feature enabled via the sales code addition from FCA and a had a dealership perform the restore process, but you did not add the 5th antenna...if you could please confirm whether or not you get the fobiksafe alert when you shut off the truck, open the door, step out with fob in hand/pocket, press the interior lock button, then close the door, ensuring the fob is outside the cab.

This will be a great help as I'm hoping that we can have this resolved or at least have a definitive answer before I push out a how-to.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I believe @MannyHen has been helping out some people with that as he seems to have a good way to get them via your VIN. Might try sending him a message directly and see if he can help you out.
Thanks! He did Pm me but i didn't know what parts exactly does he need... If it's just Handle assembly(Cap included in the 2500) and Harness then no problem, I can get the part #s for that...
Does anyone know if he needs anything else?

2019Rebel0747

Reaction score

And as @Jimmy07 mentioned, we are working back and forth trying to figure out the issue with fobiksafe to save everyone some headache, and he's been an indispensable help in this venture. The actual passive entry side of things works as intended; fob in pocket, grab handle, door unlocks, open door, get in, start the truck and drive away. It's the fobiksafe side that isn't quite right. For those of us that are accustomed to locking the door from the inside as we exit the vehicle, if you do so as you're used to, as soon as the door closes you get the 3 honks as it auto-unlocks. It doesn't matter if both fobs (or however many you have programmed), one fob, or no fobs are in or out of the cab, it still triggers the fobik safe. He believes, and it makes sense, that this is due to a system fault of not having the 5th antenna present (behind the rear license plate). This makes sense as we confirmed an error code present related to it.

So I will second the request to anyone who has had this feature enabled via the sales code addition from FCA and a had a dealership perform the restore process, but you did not add the 5th antenna...if you could please confirm whether or not you get the fobiksafe alert when you shut off the truck, open the door, step out with fob in hand/pocket, press the interior lock button, then close the door, ensuring the fob is outside the cab.

This will be a great help as I'm hoping that we can have this resolved or at least have a definitive answer before I push out a how-to.

Anyone have the part numbers for what you’d need to add the tailgate passive entry? Rear antenna and harness? I’d be happy to assist in helping to trouble shoot the fobik issue once I have all my parts for PE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BGWS

Reaction score
Anyone have the part numbers for what you’d need to add the tailgate passive entry? Rear antenna and harness? I’d be happy to assist in helping to trouble shoot the fobik issue once I have all my parts for PE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That would be awesome as well, but really got used to not taking my keys out of my pocket ever..
Side note just tested the fog light dropout at night in Northern Wisconsin, LOVE IT!!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone have the part numbers for what you’d need to add the tailgate passive entry? Rear antenna and harness?
Antenna: 52112203AB
I can send you instructions on where to tap (Two wires) into the rear-bumper body harness. Very easy and will save you a bunch of money and time looking for the right harness...

Users who are viewing this thread