5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding passive entry

Swifty

Reaction score
I had trouble finding 68429501aa anywhere online, and most places told me there was no eta on backorder. Check with your local dealer as they may be able to see some in the system. I was able to order the last one they had at a distribution center and had it in hand in a few days. He did say there were 9 more in the pipeline, but I cannot speak as to how accurate that may be. Now everything is just sitting in a box waiting in hopes some headway in made on letting those of us that missed out get this finished up. For the right door, I got 68310304AD as it supports the accent lighting and 360 camera. I don't have the camera so that connection will just go unused. It looks like the one you listed does not support accent lights, at least not in the description I found. The 68429506AA you mentioned is for the 19 speaker system, so if you don't have that it may not work.
The mirrors plug directly into the door modules the door harness wont change lighting function

Apexbasher

Reaction score
So I am still having a tough time getting all of the parts together for this. The parts breakdowns are not the easiest to use. I think I have all of the correct part numbers, but no one can order the 68429501AA wiring harness - says out of stock and no eta. I found a different part number that looks like it works, but cannot verify that it is the correct one for passive entry and accent light under the mirror - 68429506AA . Can any of you guys that are better at this than me shed some light on that part number?

6CV64KXJADExterior Door Handle, Right
6CV50KXJACDoor Handle Cap, Left
6CV52KXJABDoor Handle Cap, Right
68361306ADFront Door Wiring, Right
68429501aaFront Door Wiring
Could you edit your post to include which color theses are for?

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The mirrors plug directly into the door modules the door harness wont change lighting function
Ah, that makes sense, since nearly all of them I've seen have door parts module listed, but they don't all list all the extras. I'm guessing I'll be good to go either way if there's a way to add the sales codes in the future.

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi All - just wanted to report back. After getting the restore vehicle configuration Monday, I decided to install the driver door handle, cap, and harness. Viola! It works! Thanks Swifty for the hook up. Maybe I'll do the passenger door at some point.

And now, a few pointers I'll share that might help others out.
Basically, you take your time, its not difficult, just some parts are a pain.
The "cliff" notes if you will are as follows.
3 bolts and pop-clips, door panel comes off. They are tight.
I then pull the door-boot away from a-pillar, popped the connector out, and unplugged the truck plugs.
then the whole harness falls inside the door.
Remove the inner-door card (inner panel).
*To do this first, lower window almost al the way so bolts line up in the lower rubber plugs.
Unbolt window, and manually pull window up to top. I taped it up with duct tape.
Then, take all the inner panel bolts out. It won't remove fully yet. You'll have to flex the front enough to fit your arm into the door hollow, and there are 2 bolts from the inside, towards the back. You'll feel its still attached towards the back. I used a 8mm ratchet wrench, and took both bolts out.
As you're working, unplug whatever wires are necessary. Just use common sense.
You'll also have to reach in to the latch mechanism to unplug the last wire..its tight in there. kind of a pain.
The door inner panel should be off now.
To change the handle and cap, you pop the little plastic cap from the door jam surface right inline with the handle.
Its a T25 torx I think, you'll need a long one. A socket won't fit.
Unscrew all the way. Then, cap & key cylinder will pop or fall off. Then, handle pulls back, and pops out.
Reverse steps to reinstall new handle and cap, tighten that torx. Test for operation.
Replace the harness on the inner panel.
Then you have to plug the latch mechanism, and route the new door handle wire, around the back of the window guide, and it snaps into the bottom of the handle mechanism, there are are like clips to hold it, and finally plug it in to the handle. There's just enough wire. Kind of a pain to do this part. Its difficult to use your hand in this tight spot.
Then, you can bolt the inner panel back on. Don't forget to pull the lock push button and inner latch cable back thru.
Then, you can work thru the speaker hole to push the harness out the hole and reconnection to a-pilar.
The new harness needed to finagle because it was like bent the wrong way, and twisted up.
Then untape the glass and lower it back to the guides, and line up the 2 bolts and put them in.
at this point, I'd reconnect your power window buttons, and do a function test.
Make sure window goes up and down, make sure power locks working, and you can then test the new handle!

***Just a note - the new harness, did not fit my latch mechanism. The connectors were different. The wire colors were the same, so I decided to just hack it off and splice the old connector on. 4 colors matched up, and it works properly. I could probably have ordered a different harness, but I figured I'd try it, and if it works, I'd leave it.

Attachments

• IMG_6521.JPG
    IMG_6521.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_6470.JPG
    IMG_6470.JPG
    355.9 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_4934.JPG
    IMG_4934.JPG
    133.5 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_2633.JPG
    IMG_2633.JPG
    214.2 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0075.JPG
    IMG_0075.JPG
    160.5 KB · Views: 99

2019Rebel0747

Reaction score
Hi All - just wanted to report back. After getting the restore vehicle configuration Monday, I decided to install the driver door handle, cap, and harness. Viola! It works! Thanks Swifty for the hook up. Maybe I'll do the passenger door at some point.

And now, a few pointers I'll share that might help others out.
Basically, you take your time, its not difficult, just some parts are a pain.
The "cliff" notes if you will are as follows.
3 bolts and pop-clips, door panel comes off. They are tight.
I then pull the door-boot away from a-pillar, popped the connector out, and unplugged the truck plugs.
then the whole harness falls inside the door.
Remove the inner-door card (inner panel).
*To do this first, lower window almost al the way so bolts line up in the lower rubber plugs.
Unbolt window, and manually pull window up to top. I taped it up with duct tape.
Then, take all the inner panel bolts out. It won't remove fully yet. You'll have to flex the front enough to fit your arm into the door hollow, and there are 2 bolts from the inside, towards the back. You'll feel its still attached towards the back. I used a 8mm ratchet wrench, and took both bolts out.
As you're working, unplug whatever wires are necessary. Just use common sense.
You'll also have to reach in to the latch mechanism to unplug the last wire..its tight in there. kind of a pain.
The door inner panel should be off now.
To change the handle and cap, you pop the little plastic cap from the door jam surface right inline with the handle.
Its a T25 torx I think, you'll need a long one. A socket won't fit.
Unscrew all the way. Then, cap & key cylinder will pop or fall off. Then, handle pulls back, and pops out.
Reverse steps to reinstall new handle and cap, tighten that torx. Test for operation.
Replace the harness on the inner panel.
Then you have to plug the latch mechanism, and route the new door handle wire, around the back of the window guide, and it snaps into the bottom of the handle mechanism, there are are like clips to hold it, and finally plug it in to the handle. There's just enough wire. Kind of a pain to do this part. Its difficult to use your hand in this tight spot.
Then, you can bolt the inner panel back on. Don't forget to pull the lock push button and inner latch cable back thru.
Then, you can work thru the speaker hole to push the harness out the hole and reconnection to a-pilar.
The new harness needed to finagle because it was like bent the wrong way, and twisted up.
Then untape the glass and lower it back to the guides, and line up the 2 bolts and put them in.
at this point, I'd reconnect your power window buttons, and do a function test.
Make sure window goes up and down, make sure power locks working, and you can then test the new handle!

***Just a note - the new harness, did not fit my latch mechanism. The connectors were different. The wire colors were the same, so I decided to just hack it off and splice the old connector on. 4 colors matched up, and it works properly. I could probably have ordered a different harness, but I figured I'd try it, and if it works, I'd leave it.

Awesome write up thanks for taking the time, hopefully the rest of us will be able to do this someday...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Damn that sounds like a pain in the *** lol. All my parts came in today so hopefully I can get it all installed this weekend.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Damn that sounds like a pain in the *** lol. All my parts came in today so hopefully I can get it all installed this weekend.
It was a pain in the *** for me!!! lol!
My handle "got lost" after a week of being marked as "arrived at LA facility", no one can find it and we had to order a new one, just this time, i ordered an entire door handle assembly from a junk yard for $35! I guess it was worth the wait haha the only problem is, my door panel is still disassembled and there's a wire hanging out of the outer door handle...

Attachments

• DAA444F5E6DA4E7DBD9D91CD45F3D274001.jpg
    DAA444F5E6DA4E7DBD9D91CD45F3D274001.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 83

tdb0021

Reaction score
I'm itching to do my install but my parts STILL have not shipped. Ordered on the 9th... apparently there are one or two items that were "special" ordered and nothing ships until it all comes in. Debating on cancelling my order and ordering from a different manufacturer.

nco415

Reaction score
I'm itching to do my install but my parts STILL have not shipped. Ordered on the 9th... apparently there are one or two items that were "special" ordered and nothing ships until it all comes in. Debating on cancelling my order and ordering from a different manufacturer.
Good day all, are you all ordering your parts from the dealer? If not where are you getting them?

Thanks

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good day all, are you all ordering your parts from the dealer? If not where are you getting them?

Thanks
I ordered all of my parts from BAM Wholesale. You are only going to be able to get them from a dealer, all of these websites that sell Mopar parts are just dealers with eCommerce sites.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score

Thanks
I got mine from the dealer but after two weeks i've been told they lost the shipment... Then i ordered it from a junk yard.

Grey03svt

Reaction score
I ordered from tasca parts
I ordered mine from there too on the 9th. Order still says "processing". I emailed them and no response. They did email me a few days after asking for the VIN and then telling me the right door harness was on back order. So I got one from Mymoparparts. Looks like that harness was delivered today but still waiting on tasca...

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Been reading this thread. My truck came with keyless entry but always wished my back doors had it as well because I always open my back door first to put my computer bag in back seat. So for the gurus such as @Swifty and others do you think it's possible to add rear door handle(s)/antenna and wire pigtail and jump the connection to front door handle harness. Don't even need both rears doors or even the lock button to work just need it to unlock when touched. What you all think???

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Been reading this thread. My truck came with keyless entry but always wished my back doors had it as well because I always open my back door first to put my computer bag in back seat. So for the gurus such as @Swifty and others do you think it's possible to add rear door handle(s)/antenna and wire pigtail and jump the connection to front door handle harness. Don't even need both rears doors or even the lock button to work just need it to unlock when touched. What you all think???

Great question! i think it's definitely possible... Try standing with the fob around the area you're going to be when unlocking in the rear and touch the handle in the front. if the distance is enough for for the truck to recognize the fob, i think it will work...

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Great question! i think it's definitely possible... Try standing with the fob around the area you're going to be when unlocking in the rear and touch the handle in the front. if the distance is enough for for the truck to recognize the fob, i think it will work...
Just checked and the front door unlocks with the fob being by the back door, actually I was suprised by the range I even tried it past the rear door by my Ram box. Would I just need the handle? Does the new handle have wires coming off of it that I could extend to the front?

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Just checked and the front door unlocks with the fob being by the back door, actually I was suprised by the range I even tried it past the rear door by my Ram box. Would I just need the handle? Does the new handle have wires coming off of it that I could extend to the front?

Awesome! The door handle has a connector at the end, you can cut the wires and extend them or you can make the plug for it... You need the cap too.

Attachments

• DAA444F5E6DA4E7DBD9D91CD45F3D274002.jpg
    DAA444F5E6DA4E7DBD9D91CD45F3D274002.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Awesome! The door handle has a connector at the end, you can cut the wires and extend them or you can make the plug for it...
Thx for the pic , I have 2 projects in front of it but definitely going to give it a try next month. BTW, that handle looks like a bit** to replace... Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread