5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding passive entry

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Thx for the pic , I have 2 projects in front of it but definitely going to give it a try next month. BTW, that handle looks like a bit** to replace... Lol.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
The handle itself is the easiest part in this truck to replace... you have a side screw that releases the handle cap and then you can just pull the handle, two minutes tops... the problem is routing the wire and disassembling the door for that... yeah, it's not the nicest job haha..

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
the sensing antenna that picks up the fob, is actually located in the rear doors on all push button start trucks. So, in terms of being in range, it should pick up the signal if you are close by.

In terms of adding the door handles to the rear doors, I'm not sure simply splicing a 2nd handle into the front handle wiring would function or not. That would be cool if it does.

Heres a diagram if anyone with working passive entry AND a 2nd handle they want to splice in and try it out.

I dont know if any ram's are factory equipped with rear passive handles. If they were, we could look up the diagram based on that vin, and then we would know if it was spliced, or if they went to a separate pin in the rf hub. There are some unused pins on the rf hub, so its possible the rf hub could technically support 4-door passive entry.

Attachments

• PASSIVE-ENTRY-SYSTEM.pdf
    168.4 KB · Views: 39

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
the sensing antenna that picks up the fob, is actually located in the rear doors on all push button start trucks. So, in terms of being in range, it should pick up the signal if you are close by.

In terms of adding the door handles to the rear doors, I'm not sure simply splicing a 2nd handle into the front handle wiring would function or not. That would be cool if it does.

Heres a diagram if anyone with working passive entry AND a 2nd handle they want to splice in and try it out.

I dont know if any ram's are factory equipped with rear passive handles. If they were, we could look up the diagram based on that vin, and then we would know if it was spliced, or if they went to a separate pin in the rf hub. There are some unused pins on the rf hub, so its possible the rf hub could technically support 4-door passive entry.
I'm not sure I've ever seen a car with all 4 doors having touch entry.

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm not sure I've ever seen a car with all 4 doors having touch entry.
There’s definitely cars with it. I just don’t know if any mopaar or vehicles have it that might share the same RF hub.

Twindad18

Reaction score
Sorry, I’m late to the party. I tried to read through but I couldn’t find anything. Could somebody help me with part #s. I read the sales code needs to be entered but I would like the parts if it ever gets going again. Thanks 20 Ram 1500 crew cab flame red push start.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry, I’m late to the party. I tried to read through but I couldn’t find anything. Could somebody help me with part #s. I read the sales code needs to be entered but I would like the parts if it ever gets going again. Thanks 20 Ram 1500 crew cab flame red push start.
Door handle: 6CV64PR4AD x2
Cap - Left: 6FX82PR4AC
Cap - Right: 6CV52PR4AB

Rons5thgen

Reaction score

I saw this and found it funny "Thanks 20 Ram 1500 crew cab flame red push start". You have to push start that flame red truck? Don't take it personally.

Rons5thgen

Reaction score
I want to do just the drivers door, looks like the door handle is the same. Just to make sure no mix up, what cap is for the driver door and does the harness come with those parts?

Apexbasher

Reaction score
I contacted RamCares (FCA representative member of this forum) outlining the issue we are having and invtited him to read through this thread and join the discussion. This was my messege to him:
Good Afternoon,
I wanted to invite you to join our year long conversation regarding Keyless Go and it's passive entry function in thread titled "Adding passive entry". Short story is, since the 2019 model year, passive entry (touch the door handle to unlock when key fob is in proximty) was not included in the Keyless Go packages for many, many, many of us, even though the literature and sales force led us to believe it was. We are over that part, and willing to spend money to add it ourselves as the six parts needed are available and an easy DIY or dealer install.

The problem here is two-fold:

First-The dealers are not able to add the sales code (GXD) to the VIN at their level. It must be done by a Tech Rep with access to the FCA VIN database. This is due to the requirement to update, not just the ECU, but also the RFHub. It has been proven that this can be done then performing a Vehicle Configuration Restore, for a fee at the dealer, will download the sales code and the truck now has Passive Entry. Victory.

Second-Because this 'mod' is not available as an 'accessory kit', FCA has forbidden the addition of the GXD sales code to the VIN database. So we can spend the money to install the six items needed, but FCA will not let us turn it on.

Again, I invite you to read through the thread at
Adding Passive Entry
And please join the conversation as we try to figure out how to get some traction on this issue.
Thanks

Here is his reply:
Thank you for taking the time to reach out on this! I have had a chance to review the thread and I have made sure to document the feedback accordingly so that it may be reviewed further. I do sincerely apologize that a kit is not available.

Mark
RamCares

Rons5thgen

Reaction score
I want to do just the drivers door, looks like the door handle is the same. Just to make sure no mix up, what cap is for the driver door and does the harness come with those parts?

And I am having a problem with I guess, paint codes. I just want chrome, any ideas?

Apexbasher

Reaction score
Door handle: 6CV64PR4AD x2
Cap - Left: 6FX82PR4AC
Cap - Right: 6CV52PR4AB
Couple of issues here:
A) The door handle PN above is correct, however if you need the chrome trim on the handle the PN will be 6CV361R4AD instead.
B) The Left (drivers) cap is incorrect (no keyless go). The correct PN is 6CV50PR4AC

Bare in mind the above PNs are Flame Red and harnesses are not included. I'm still trying to get to the bottom of that PN war.

Apexbasher

Reaction score
And I am having a problem with I guess, paint codes. I just want chrome, any ideas?
There does not appear to be a purely chrome version. For the handles you can get body color, or body color with chrome trim. The caps are body color only. And, of course, all of these have to be the keyless go version to work with passive entry.
What's your color?

Rons5thgen

Reaction score
There does not appear to be a purely chrome version. For the handles you can get body color, or body color with chrome trim. The caps are body color only. And, of course, all of these have to be the keyless go version to work with passive entry.
What's your color?

It is billet silver, not even the limited has chrome handle? And how do you find this information? I wanted to change all handles to chrome and have passive entry on only the driver door.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How does the inner panel come off. I know there are bolts and clips but do you have to remove window motor first? Any other tricks I need to know?

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It is billet silver, not even the limited has chrome handle? And how do you find this information? I wanted to change all handles to chrome and have passive entry on only the driver door.
If you want your handles fully chrome you will have to get them wrapped in chrome vinyl, none of the new trucks have fully chrome handles from the factory.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Just remove the harness and window. Motor can stay.

Rons5thgen

Reaction score
If you want your handles fully chrome you will have to get them wrapped in chrome vinyl, none of the new trucks have fully chrome handles from the factory.

Thanks, didn't know that, I'll have to rethink this. got any suggestions?

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks, didn't know that, I'll have to rethink this. got any suggestions?
Call around to some local vinyl wrap shops and see how much they would charge you, if you buy new handles it will likely be cheaper since they will be off the truck already. I think a friend of mine paid like $60 bucks to have his F150 handles wrapped but he supplied the material.

Users who are viewing this thread