5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding passive entry

parnine

Reaction score
EVERYONE
terrible news I have been shut down my guy says he can no longer add code since not a mopar approved modification ie no kit he is escalating to engineering to tell them it does work and see if will get added unfortunately this means some of us were very lucky and the rest not.
if I have told you sales code was added you are good to go this includes Njmyth, moparian, Mike_ct, wheeler nation, parnine, FM45, Mannyhen, lrobbi, Grey03svtand tdb0021

the rest of y'all I sincerely apologize

@Swifty - per my PMs, I can not say THANKS enough ! Confirmed and added to vehicle. Hopefully the parts finally arrive this week and I get it all working.

Service Manager ends up with egg on his face -
Have apt for this am at dealer, ask specifically for "restore vehicle configuration", service advisor writes it up, order goes to tech, tech comes up front with laptop (tech was GREAT!) and talks with Service Manager who then speaks with me. Service Manager drills me on 'what are you trying to do?', I explain in detail, he says can't be done. I try another tack and ask for him to confirm 'GXD' code is 'in the database'. He goes to his computer, and says 'nope', not there. I asked if that is 'WiTech' app (not really know what I'm saying), and mention that his system will not be able to add it, but that it has already been added, and I'm just asking him to confirm, hoping he will then approve the work to be done. The technican standing there with his laptop is shaking his head, Service Manager ignores my comments and question, continues to say 'not there' and 'not available', and 'sorry, can't do', and tilts his monitor so I can see 'not listed as option to add' and 'see "options added" is blank for my truck', etc. So I make executive decision and ask if they will still restore the configuration from the FCA database anyway. Service Manager looks at me like I'm a moron, shrugs, and and gives the tech the okay to go. We walk out the door (truck is still in the service write up alley, right next to Service Managers office door, about 6' to the truck) tech hooks up laptop, does his thing, I ask him how it works, he shows me, and then he confirms config and shows me the 'GXD' code. I double verify via the uconnect settings for doors. I ask the tech why he did not say anything in the office, and he just shrugs and says he guesses the next conversation (me going back to pay) will be awarked and laughs. We chat a bit more about the 'dysfunction' of the dealer, but he clearly does not want to get involved in any politics between 'Service Advisors/Managers' and his 'tech' team, and we laugh about the poor service at the 'Service Advisor/Manager' level. I thank him for allowing me to watch and taking the time to show me what he did.

So actual work took 5 min, we chated for another 3-5 or so, call it 10 min of tech actually working on the vehicle. Give another 20 (being generous) for 'tech to set up laptop and paperwork' - 1/2 labor.

I'm there total of 1.5hrs (and I was first truck in the service center this am with a '1st up' appointment) - not an efficient service dept!

But.....their price was reasonable GREAT at $60 ! (2 other dealer quotes were for $140 and $110)

BEFORE (6 items in 'Doors & Locks' settings):
Before.jpg

AFTER (7 items in the list with new 'Passive Entry' option):
After.jpg

Rhombus

Reaction score
Hi all!

I saw your thread and thought I would post some information I have found. I am a part of the Jeep JL forum and have been researching how to add passive entry. Since the Uconnect systems are pretty similar on Ram and Jeep, I figure this information will be somewhat relevant. I have used the Jscan app, to program my vehicle for passive entry. The setting shows up, as shown in the picture, but does not stay selected, so that was a dead end.

Jeep has announced they are doing a livestream event with the head of Jeep, engineers, and other higher-ups. They asked for questions, and I stated how FCA should create a dealer added package for passive entry, or allow owners some way to add it. The live stream is April 24th, and hopefully I will receive an answer as to whether they would do it or not.

I will keep you posted as to their response and to whether it would happen or not.

Thanks.:)
Perhaps a dumb question, but have you already installed all the hardware required?

Bubba33

Reaction score
Will.this same type process work on the jeep jl? They have been working in it for 2 years.

hbass

Reaction score
Perhaps a dumb question, but have you already installed all the hardware required?
No. I’m hesitant to spend the money if I can’t get it working. I’m still waiting to see if someone with my model year and trim can get it working. The problem is, at least with the JL, is that some models have the correct wiring harnesses and others don’t. Model year doesn’t seem to matter, it’s just random. Before you order parts, I suggest finding the correct harness and matching it with the one in your door before.

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No. I’m hesitant to spend the money if I can’t get it working. I’m still waiting to see if someone with my model year and trim can get it working. The problem is, at least with the JL, is that some models have the correct wiring harnesses and others don’t. Model year doesn’t seem to matter, it’s just random. Before you order parts, I suggest finding the correct harness and matching it with the one in your door before.
You have to change the harness in the DT as well. Pretty sure any parts guy worth his salt could tell you based upon your vin if you have the right harness. @Swifty might be able to chime in here for the JL guys.

hbass

Reaction score
You have to change the harness in the DT as well. Pretty sure any parts guy worth his salt could tell you based upon your vin if you have the right harness. @Swifty might be able to chime in here for the JL guys.
I checked my harness and it wasn't the right one. My problem is getting it programmed on my vin, which is everyone's problem. I don't want to buy the new harnesses without someone coming up with a solution for the programming.

Swifty

Reaction score
l must be missing something, what is chrome? I'll take as much chrome as one would send me.
Hi all!

I saw your thread and thought I would post some information I have found. I am a part of the Jeep JL forum and have been researching how to add passive entry. Since the Uconnect systems are pretty similar on Ram and Jeep, I figure this information will be somewhat relevant. I have used the Jscan app, to program my vehicle for passive entry. The setting shows up, as shown in the picture, but does not stay selected, so that was a dead end.

Jeep has announced they are doing a livestream event with the head of Jeep, engineers, and other higher-ups. They asked for questions, and I stated how FCA should create a dealer added package for passive entry, or allow owners some way to add it. The live stream is April 24th, and hopefully I will receive an answer as to whether they would do it or not.

I will keep you posted as to their response and to whether it would happen or not.

Thanks.:)
the JL upper levels like Sahara can be ADDED harnesses handles caps all three doors that is how I originally found out it could be done
A JL was first vin I had added to unfortunate we are now in a holding pattern of sorts

Last edited:

Bubba33

Reaction score
the JL upper levels like Sahara can be fine harnesses handles caps all three doors that is how I originally found out it could be done
A JL was first vin I had added to unfortunate we are now in a holding pattern of sorts
Thanks for the info, I have a jl Sahara and have been watching the forums for a fix .pretty impressive that you figured it out on the ram. I have it in the ram laramie. But messed up on the JL, and didn't get it mainly to how they changed the wording on it to keyless go.

Rons5thgen

Reaction score
@Swifty - per my PMs, I can not say THANKS enough ! Confirmed and added to vehicle. Hopefully the parts finally arrive this week and I get it all working.

Service Manager ends up with egg on his face -
Have apt for this am at dealer, ask specifically for "restore vehicle configuration", service advisor writes it up, order goes to tech, tech comes up front with laptop (tech was GREAT!) and talks with Service Manager who then speaks with me. Service Manager drills me on 'what are you trying to do?', I explain in detail, he says can't be done. I try another tack and ask for him to confirm 'GXD' code is 'in the database'. He goes to his computer, and says 'nope', not there. I asked if that is 'WiTech' app (not really know what I'm saying), and mention that his system will not be able to add it, but that it has already been added, and I'm just asking him to confirm, hoping he will then approve the work to be done. The technican standing there with his laptop is shaking his head, Service Manager ignores my comments and question, continues to say 'not there' and 'not available', and 'sorry, can't do', and tilts his monitor so I can see 'not listed as option to add' and 'see "options added" is blank for my truck', etc. So I make executive decision and ask if they will still restore the configuration from the FCA database anyway. Service Manager looks at me like I'm a moron, shrugs, and and gives the tech the okay to go. We walk out the door (truck is still in the service write up alley, right next to Service Managers office door, about 6' to the truck) tech hooks up laptop, does his thing, I ask him how it works, he shows me, and then he confirms config and shows me the 'GXD' code. I double verify via the uconnect settings for doors. I ask the tech why he did not say anything in the office, and he just shrugs and says he guesses the next conversation (me going back to pay) will be awarked and laughs. We chat a bit more about the 'dysfunction' of the dealer, but he clearly does not want to get involved in any politics between 'Service Advisors/Managers' and his 'tech' team, and we laugh about the poor service at the 'Service Advisor/Manager' level. I thank him for allowing me to watch and taking the time to show me what he did.

So actual work took 5 min, we chated for another 3-5 or so, call it 10 min of tech actually working on the vehicle. Give another 20 (being generous) for 'tech to set up laptop and paperwork' - 1/2 labor.

I'm there total of 1.5hrs (and I was first truck in the service center this am with a '1st up' appointment) - not an efficient service dept!

But.....their price was reasonable GREAT at $60 ! (2 other dealer quotes were for $140 and $110)

BEFORE (6 items in 'Doors & Locks' settings):
View attachment 53327

AFTER (7 items in the list with new 'Passive Entry' option):
View attachment 53329

l'm so envious, what was the final cost not counting dealer cost on this fine upgrade?

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
l'm so envious, what was the final cost not counting dealer cost on this fine upgrade?
I paid $100 for the front driver side door for now. it's going to be another $100 for the other door and around $250 for the tailgate antenna, i have time, i'll do the TG later...
Most of the guys here changes the door harness so that's another $130 for each door.

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It ran me 330 for all of the door handle parts and the new door harnesses. Should be able to get the restore done for free(my brother is a manager at a local dealer).

Apexbasher

Reaction score
GRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrr. Got all worked up about this NOT being on the truck again just now.
I was picking my way through numerous different Mopar parts websites trying to figure out the part numbers for my Flame Red 1500 and noticed that all the sites that had the handles and caps used for passive entry had the phrase "w/ keyless go" in the description. You know, as if these items had been a part of the Keyless Go package from the beginning!! WTF FCA?!?! I almost wonder if somebody at the factory simply omitted the part numbers from the master build list by accident and thousands of trucks (and customers) got screwed out of it by accident.
BTW, I think I have the correct numbers. Fun part is when I go back to search for those numbers on THE Mopar.com parts site they do not come up-"No Results". When I get verification that these are the right numbers I will post them up.

Last edited:

NJMyth

Reaction score
So I am still having a tough time getting all of the parts together for this. The parts breakdowns are not the easiest to use. I think I have all of the correct part numbers, but no one can order the 68429501AA wiring harness - says out of stock and no eta. I found a different part number that looks like it works, but cannot verify that it is the correct one for passive entry and accent light under the mirror - 68429506AA . Can any of you guys that are better at this than me shed some light on that part number?

6CV64KXJADExterior Door Handle, Right Diamond Black Crystal P/C
6CV50KXJACDoor Handle Cap, Left, Diamond Black Crystal P/C
6CV52KXJABDoor Handle Cap, Right Diamond Black Crystal P/C
68361306ADFront Door Wiring, Right
68439512AA Front Door Wiring

Last edited:

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I am still having a tough time getting all of the parts together for this. The parts breakdowns are not the easiest to use. I think I have all of the correct part numbers, but no one can order the 68429501AA wiring harness - says out of stock and no eta. I found a different part number that looks like it works, but cannot verify that it is the correct one for passive entry and accent light under the mirror - 68429506AA . Can any of you guys that are better at this than me shed some light on that part number?

6CV64KXJADExterior Door Handle, Right
6CV50KXJACDoor Handle Cap, Left
6CV52KXJABDoor Handle Cap, Right
68429501aaFront Door Wiring

I had trouble finding 68429501aa anywhere online, and most places told me there was no eta on backorder. Check with your local dealer as they may be able to see some in the system. I was able to order the last one they had at a distribution center and had it in hand in a few days. He did say there were 9 more in the pipeline, but I cannot speak as to how accurate that may be. Now everything is just sitting in a box waiting in hopes some headway in made on letting those of us that missed out get this finished up. For the right door, I got 68310304AD as it supports the accent lighting and 360 camera. I don't have the camera so that connection will just go unused. It looks like the one you listed does not support accent lights, at least not in the description I found. The 68429506AA you mentioned is for the 19 speaker system, so if you don't have that it may not work.

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score

6CV64KXJADExterior Door Handle, Right
6CV50KXJACDoor Handle Cap, Left
6CV52KXJABDoor Handle Cap, Right
68429501aaFront Door Wiring
If you PM @Swifty with your vin he can verify which parts you need.

Users who are viewing this thread