5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding passive entry

Swifty

Reaction score
This is much broader than here the jeep guys have same problem on upper level wranglers and gladiators that is what started this ball rolling figured it out for one of them first and thought hell if I can do it for them I surely can do it for myself. Not only am I getting y'alls requests also jeep guys albeit fewer because I didn't open that can on any jeep forums only word of mouth from the first one I did

2019Rebel0747

Reaction score
This is much broader than here the jeep guys have same problem on upper level wranglers and gladiators that is what started this ball rolling figured it out for one of them first and thought hell if I can do it for them I surely can do it for myself. Not only am I getting y'alls requests also jeep guys albeit fewer because I didn't open that can on any jeep forums only word of mouth from the first one I did

Did you get my PM? Just want to make sure I’m somewhere on the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Did anybody ever determine if AlfaOBD was able to update the trucks? Just wondering before I go deal with the idiots at my local dealer.
No, You need a rolling pin and the AOBD can't do this job. #dealertime

Swifty

Reaction score
Did you get my PM? Just want to make sure I’m somewhere on the list.

I have and you are next batch to request sorry I thought I had replied to you but apparently not I do appologize

2019Rebel0747

Reaction score
I have and you are next batch to request sorry I thought I had replied to you but apparently not I do appologize

No apologies I didn’t want to bother you but I’m not good with this app

Swifty

Reaction score
No, You need a rolling pin and the AOBD can't do this job. #dealertime
Mannyhen I didn't need any pin to do the restore vehicle configuration not getting into rfhub I was trying to read up on Alfaobd and seems like should work but I have no first hand knowledge

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Mannyhen I didn't need any pin to do the restore vehicle configuration not getting into rfhub I was trying to read up on Alfaobd and seems like should work but I have no first hand knowledge
You used WiTech................
AlfaOBD doesn't even have the feature of communicating with the RF-HUB from what i have seen

Swifty

Reaction score
You used WiTech................
AlfaOBD doesn't even have the feature of communicating with the RF-HUB from what i have seen
doesn't need to communicate with rfhub the build configuration is written into bcm and transmitted to other modules via the bus and backups are then stored in other modules

Swifty

Reaction score
where I think the problem lies is I don't know how it would communicate with FCA database to download updated build configurations

Grey03svt

Reaction score
Could a tech do the reconfig offsite of the dealer? Meaning if I find someone with a WiTech, I could go to them or they could come to me?
I would like to avoid the dealer at all costs...such a headache for anything there.

Swifty

Reaction score
it is possible as long as they have their network set up or mobile hot spot setup in their pod where ya located grey?

tdb0021

Reaction score
where I think the problem lies is I don't know how it would communicate with FCA database to download updated build configurations

This is what i think the main problem is. Alpha OBD has no way of communicating the the FCA database...witech does a restore based on what's in the online database, alphaobd can do a restore but it most likely restores to your stock configuration that I supposed is stored in the BCM or the app somewhere. I think you can do "offsite" witech restore, you just need the tool, a login, and internet. I haven't done it but it couldn't possibly take more than a few minutes to do. Unfortunately this means most of us will have to leave our truck at the dealer for half a day with explicit instructions on what to do. What I'm afraid might happen is I take the truck in and they "attempt to restore it" or not at all and say it's not possible to add the feature. This is when having friends at the dealer is beneficial...

but hey...this wasn't even remotely possible a week or so ago, so we can't complain too much about the process now, whatever it may be

Users who are viewing this thread