5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding passive entry

Swifty

Reaction score
Awesome!!!!!
yours has been added mannyhen. Parnine and FM45 I am working on your parts lists sales code has been added to your vins as well
just spoke to my tech advisor and he is sending email up the chain to see if this sales code can be added to dealer portal so all dealers would be able to add instead of bothering someone else to do fingers crossed

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
yours has been added mannyhen. Parnine and FM45 I am working on your parts lists sales code has been added to your vins as well
just spoke to my tech advisor and he is sending email up the chain to see if this sales code can be added to dealer portal so all dealers would be able to add instead of bothering someone else to do fingers crossed
Thank you @Swifty ! You're a very kind professional. I appreciate all your help

FM45

Reaction score
Dude you are awesome!!! I need to buy you a COLD one....

-=FM45=-

parnine

Reaction score
You can try to find the wiring harness and pay $130 for it or do what i did, i ran wires and tap into the original body harness.
The wire that sticks out from the handle is the sensor wire i ran from the body harness.

@MannyHen - Thanks for all the pics. Quick question, what pins/wires in the 'original body harness' did you tap into? I'm down to run a sensor wire(s) to the new handle and save $130 :)

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
@MannyHen - Thanks for all the pics. Quick question, what pins/wires in the 'original body harness' did you tap into? I'm down to run a sensor wire(s) to the new handle and save $130 :)
So swifty helped with it and the wires are:
*ON DRIVER'S SIDE DOOR*
On neutral connector: wire 11 (middle wire) green and yellow is passive entry sense
On brown connector: wire 17(bottom right in the picture) green and white is passive entry return

*ON PASSENGER SIDE DOOR*
They are both in same connector, "Brown": pin 16 is green and orange, right front passive entry handle switch sense.

pin 17 is green and violet right front passive entry handle switch return

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@Swifty i sent you a PM. Really appreciate all the stuff you’re doing for this forum. Didn’t know this upgrade was something I could change, I just figured the dealer snuck one by me.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
@Swifty i sent you a PM. Really appreciate all the stuff you’re doing for this forum. Didn’t know this upgrade was something I could change, I just figured the dealer snuck one by me.
What do you mean? it wasn't an upgrade you can get up until a week ago that Swifty the nifty did his magic and got it to work. This thread has been going on for over a year with no success until Swifty came to the rescue.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What do you mean? it wasn't an upgrade you can get up until a week ago that Swifty the nifty did his magic and got it to work. This thread has been going on for over a year with no success until Swifty came to the rescue.
Exactly haha. Seemed like a feature I was stuck without.

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
*ON DRIVER'S SIDE DOOR*
On neutral connector: wire 11 (middle wire) green and yellow is passive entry sense
On brown connector: wire 17(bottom right in the picture) green and white is passive entry return

*ON PASSENGER SIDE DOOR*
They are both in same connector, "Brown": pin 16 is green and orange, right front passive entry handle switch sense.

wonder if its the same on the 20's? How did you connect the wires, taps?

Swifty

Reaction score
@ Moparian mine is a 20 yes its the same but I changed harnesses so wouldn't have any warranty issues

parnine

Reaction score
*ON DRIVER'S SIDE DOOR*

*ON PASSENGER SIDE DOOR*

Thanks!

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
wonder if its the same on the 20's? How did you connect the wires, taps?
Stripped the wire and soldered a new one on to it. You can actually cut it and solder a new wire. It's not connected on the other side.

Users who are viewing this thread