5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding passive entry

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The rear bumper requires either the bumper harness, or wires run from the body connector to the antenna. The part numbers for building it yourself are not too far back in this thread, and I will be including them in the write-up as well.
Is this additional antenna solving the issue of locking the truck inside and having the fobik unlock the truck?

parnine

Reaction score
I am patiently waiting for the complete write up but I would be interested in the $8 antenna for the rear if someone has the part number early. I looked back through the thread but must have missed it. I have already ordered everything else for the doors. Thanks
here you go, pg 39 (was found in 5 seconds via search) - 52112204AA

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
here you go, pg 39 (was found in 5 seconds via search) - 52112204AA
you beat me to the point i also found it in a quick search....i think people should take the time and learn what tools the forum has as far as finding stuff it will keep things from getting cluttered

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Is this additional antenna solving the issue of locking the truck inside and having the fobik unlock the truck?
You can go to a dealership and find a Laramie with PE, unplug its rear-bumper antenna and see if it changes anything.........

Tazithman

Reaction score
I have all the parts and will be installing on my 2020 as soon as I figure out how to take door panels off. Silly hidden screws.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have all the parts and will be installing on my 2020 as soon as I figure out how to take door panels off. Silly hidden screws.

Do you have the outer panel, speaker, window, and the 12 bolts holding the carrier plate off already?

Tazithman

Reaction score
Do you have the outer panel, speaker, window, and the 12 bolts holding the carrier plate off already?
No, didn't want to take order panel off till I found a drawing with retainer clip locations. I have a history of breaking trim when removing. Think i found it in a mirror replacement thread so will be cracking it open in the morning.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
No, didn't want to take order panel off till I found a drawing with retainer clip locations. I have a history of breaking trim when removing. Think i found it in a mirror replacement thread so will be cracking it open in the morning.
You'll have to break more stuff to get this job done...

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I should have the antenna installed later this evening to check it's function and then I will get the write-up posted this weekend that will cover everything and include part numbers for clips and stuff.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I should have the antenna installed later this evening to check it's function and then I will get the write-up posted this weekend that will cover everything and include part numbers for clips and stuff.
Thanks for doing this. Does this antenna simply plug into a harness in the bumper somewhere or do we need to wire something up as well?

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for doing this. Does this antenna simply plug into a harness in the bumper somewhere or do we need to wire something up as well?

If you choose to get the correct bumper (rear fascia) harness that supports PE it would be plug and play. It can also be done by adding the terminals to the current connector and running the wiring.

hulk181

Reaction score
h0Gl0GA.jpg
Hi. Just curious. What is the part number for the Rear Fascia Harness in the picture you posted if you know it? I came across part number 68294468AD. Thanks in advance.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m now confident in saying that the system is working just as it would on a factory-equipped passive entry truck with the 5th antenna installed. All functions work to include the passive tailgate entry and fobik safe, which will only warn you and auto-unlock on its own if you leave the fob inside the cab.

A big thank you to @Jimmy07 for going out of his way to work with me on getting this last bit sorted out.

Stay tuned for the how-to this weekend. I’ve got a few more photos and miscellaneous part numbers I want to get, but if all goes as planned, I hope to get it up Saturday night.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I’m now confident in saying that the system is working just as it would on a factory-equipped passive entry truck with the 5th antenna installed. All functions work to include the passive tailgate entry and fobik safe, which will only warn you and auto-unlock on its own if you leave the fob inside the cab.

A big thank you to @Jimmy07 for going out of his way to work with me on getting this last bit sorted out.

Stay tuned for the how-to this weekend. I’ve got a few more photos and miscellaneous part numbers I want to get, but if all goes as planned, I hope to get it up Saturday night.
Awesome! Which antenna did you use?

Users who are viewing this thread