5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding Passive Entry: How-to

tyromeo55

Reaction score
I'm not opposed to buying a crimping tool if needed as I plan to add PE to the rear door in the future. Thanks.
the tool another member suggested is not bad but personally I think a novice might have a best chance of success with a NON-ratcheting variety like this one.

Ethanol2

Reaction score
Thanks for the input @ssick92 and @Tallus. I will edit the write-up as people offer tips and tricks to make it easier. If you know which settings are the ones required in the windows version I will make a note of that as well.

For the door clip you broke, here are the part numbers for those. I will add them to one of the posts at the beginning.

Door Interior Trim Panel Retainer (Yellow): 6510747AA

Door Interior Trim Panel Retainer (White): 6510359AA
I bought both of those to replace the clips that broke during my install, but neither are what I needed. On the door there are just a couple like those retainers, and a whole bunch of thinner ones that are all black. Not yellow or white.

Anyone know what part number that is? The door rattles now.

Sixtime43

Reaction score
Get this one and you're set.

the tool another member suggested is not bad but personally I think a novice might have a best chance of success with a NON-ratcheting variety like this one.

I was able to successfully get the driver's side door done with the last connector Jimmy sent me. I over-crimped the first one and bent it to ****. I need to find the part number to buy more for the passenger side. Anyone know a source for those? (Connection pins for PE wiring harness. 2022 RAM 2500).

I ordered what I thought were the correct ones from Amazon, but they were slightly too large. Any help is appreciated. Cheers!

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
does the alfaobd work on ios yet if not how should i proceed
Not compatible with iOS. Other applications are out there such as JScan, but if set on using AlfaOBD , I'd suggest buying a cheap android device and dedicate its use for your truck. I bought a cheap Samsung tablet off of Amazon just for this, and it has worked out great for me so far.

scavallaro85

Reaction score
Not compatible with iOS. Other applications are out there such as JScan, but if set on using AlfaOBD , I'd suggest buying a cheap android device and dedicate its use for your truck. I bought a cheap Samsung tablet off of Amazon just for this, and it has worked out great for me so far.
i am not set on alfaobd but if jscan can do the same thing and seems to be free then i guess thats what ill try with thanks

tyromeo55

Reaction score
I ordered what I thought were the correct ones from Amazon, but they were slightly too large. Any help is appreciated. Cheers!
Exactly what did you order? I believe that both the A or B variant I suggested should get you going

scavallaro85

Reaction score
Success! Functioning passive entry on both doors. Still waiting on rear bumper antenna so not done yet but the hard part is over. My arms look like I fought off a mountain lion but I got it done. Those two hidden screws are a PITA!

Big shout out and thank you to

MayhemMOORE
Jimmy07
mike_ct
MannyHen

And Swifty for reinvigorating this thread.

I used Jimm07’s cables (highly recommend) and they are definitely just as quality as OEM. Originally I wanted the OEM harnesses but there are too many part numbers and I didn’t want to have to modify it if it wasn’t right. No worries about losing any existing features either. Save you money and some work by not having to disconnect existing harness and then running the new one. Pinning the cables into the factory harness was easy too for someone who had never done it before.

For those like me who have never used AlphOBD before and don’t have an android device this is what I used:

Fire tablet- $49.99

To get the Fire tablet to access the google play store so you can purchase and use the AlphaOBD software check this link for instructions:

OBDLink MX- $99.95 (there are cheaper options but I wanted to be able to read codes with my iPhone)

Security bypass harness-$55

AlphaOBD software on Google play store $49

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i bought the security bypass harness but the 2 small plugs are different than what they are showing in the picture of how to install the bypass harness

Sixtime43

Reaction score
Exactly what did you order? I believe that both the A or B variant I suggested should get you going
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F7S5IB0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That is what I ordered. Maybe I missed your suggestion from before. A or B variant doesn't seem familiar to me. I'm going to look back through the thread. Thanks.

ETA: I see the confusion now. I have the crimper, but ran out of the pins/connectors to crimp. I just need one really, but want to buy more for backup and when I eventually get around to doing the rear doors.

Nick2448

Reaction score
Hi,
I’ve ordered everything to add passive entry to my truck including harnesses from Jimmy07 on here. Thank you for those!

I just got an email today that the billet silver handles are on backorder with no ETA though. I ordered them through my mymoparparts.com… does anyone have a good place or any leads on where I can still get the handles? I believe I need 6CV64JSCAD. Thanks!

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi,
I’ve ordered everything to add passive entry to my truck including harnesses from Jimmy07 on here. Thank you for those!

I just got an email today that the billet silver handles are on backorder with no ETA though. I ordered them through my mymoparparts.com… does anyone have a good place or any leads on where I can still get the handles? I believe I need 6CV64JSCAD. Thanks!
This eBay seller’s post says they have more than 10 available. I’d recommend shooting them a message just to confirm the part numbers and availability though.

Sixtime43

Reaction score
Hi,

I ordered the handles for my 2500 through these guys. Took about 2 weeks to get to my door, regular shipping. Maybe give them a call before to see if they can give you an ETA? I never bothered calling since I wasn't really in a rush. Good luck.

6CV64JSCAD - FCA Handle. Exterior door. Left, right, right or left. Color: [light gray | Myrtle Beach SC

cjg817

Reaction score
Hi,

Hey I'm in the same boat for my '22 BH Night Ed. in Billet Silver. I ordered everything from BAM on 5/27 and finally got through to them today. My order shows In-Progress and they're waiting on the parts from Mopar. I also tried the place you ordered from and was told they're on backorder. I checked the eBay site and they say Out of Stock, SOL. I already had the wiring from Jimmy07 so did my tailgate wiring and considering wiring the doors too so when the parts finally come in it'll just be plug and play (and software).

Nick2448

Reaction score
Hey I'm in the same boat for my '22 BH Night Ed. in Billet Silver. I ordered everything from BAM on 5/27 and finally got through to them today. My order shows In-Progress and they're waiting on the parts from Mopar. I also tried the place you ordered from and was told they're on backorder. I checked the eBay site and they say Out of Stock, SOL. I already had the wiring from Jimmy07 so did my tailgate wiring and considering wiring the doors too so when the parts finally come in it'll just be plug and play (and software).

This eBay seller’s post says they have more than 10 available. I’d recommend shooting them a message just to confirm the part numbers and availability though.

I ordered the handles for my 2500 through these guys. Took about 2 weeks to get to my door, regular shipping. Maybe give them a call before to see if they can give you an ETA? I never bothered calling since I wasn't really in a rush. Good luck.

6CV64JSCAD - FCA Handle. Exterior door. Left, right, right or left. Color: [light gray | Myrtle Beach SC
Thanks, guys. I ended up getting a refund from the original place I ordered from. I contacted the place on eBay @JBowman posted and soon after that their listing went out of stock. Luckily I was able to contact world wide parts direct (eBay seller) and they were super responsive and helpful. They said that they have (40) that they can order in from an overflow warehouse and had an ETA of two weeks to my door. I ended up getting them for $85ea as well instead of the $130 they were originally listed for so that was a win. @cjg817 if for some reason BAM doesn’t come through you could contact world parts direct and they should be able to get you the parts you need in the next few weeks. Can’t wait to get everything and do this install!! Just got finished up installing the rain sensing wipers which was super simple and work great! Thanks for your help guys.

cjg817

Reaction score
Thanks, guys. I ended up getting a refund from the original place I ordered from. I contacted the place on eBay @JBowman posted and soon after that their listing went out of stock. Luckily I was able to contact world wide parts direct (eBay seller) and they were super responsive and helpful. They said that they have (40) that they can order in from an overflow warehouse and had an ETA of two weeks to my door. I ended up getting them for $85ea as well instead of the $130 they were originally listed for so that was a win. @cjg817 if for some reason BAM doesn’t come through you could contact world parts direct and they should be able to get you the parts you need in the next few weeks. Can’t wait to get everything and do this install!! Just got finished up installing the rain sensing wipers which was super simple and work great! Thanks for your help guys.
Thanks for the intel. Strangely enough BAM must have been eavesdropping on my post because I got an "order shipped' confirmation this afternoon and everything should be here by the end of the week!

Nick2448

Reaction score
Thanks for the intel. Strangely enough BAM must have been eavesdropping on my post because I got an "order shipped' confirmation this afternoon and everything should be here by the end of the week!
Awesome, glad they came through. Should be a fun weekend project for you!

cjg817

Reaction score
Hopefully I'll have all the parts necessary for my Passive Entry mod this week but I'm unfamiliar with the AlphaOBD portion of this upgrade. I have reviewed the info from post #161 on page 9 of this thread but can anyone offer intel on what I need exactly for my '22 1500 BH? I believe it would be the AlphaOBD Software App for Android through the GooglePlay Store, a Security Module Bypass cable from Infotainment or Kaodtech and an OBD Scan tool from Amazon. Any specific suggestions or recommendations?

Users who are viewing this thread