5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding Passive Entry: How-to

StealthTech6

Reaction score
Did anyone successfully get their truck "updated" at the dealer? How did you go about it? Did you provide anything specific to them?

I'm a little hesitant to try the Alfaobd route, fearful they'll blacklist the VIN in the future.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Did anyone successfully get their truck "updated" at the dealer? How did you go about it? Did you provide anything specific to them?

I'm a little hesitant to try the Alfaobd route, fearful they'll blacklist the VIN in the future.
No, because the dealer won't do it at all.

kasjun

Reaction score

I intalled passive entry from Vais today. It is different than doing it the same way as in this forum as it a totally separate system and does not need to tap into Rams radio to work. You also only need only the parts included in a small box that they sell to you. It eliminates the need for harnesses and door handles. You do have to have a very small key tag which can be attached to your regular fob. If you have your fob and key tag in your pocket it will lock your doors as you walk away from your vehicle and unlock them again when you get up close to your vehicle. Since this is a separate system you don't have to worry about your dealership reflashing your truck and going back to square one. I posted a link and a video on page 37 if you are interested. My cost was $725 plus tax installed. I had it installed at Dakota Automotive in Alcester, SD I think these have just been released recently.

Jaaf

Reaction score
I ended up ordering the 56046957AA from bamwholesaleparts.com and got it in about a week. I havent installed so cant confirm it works but others have and said it works with minor adjustments to the mounting position but functions fine otherwise.
Thanks. I actually tried them and they refunded me telling me saying they don’t have it in stock and don’t know get eta. Tried another one which i can’t recall but got refunded as well. I went with moparwholesaleparts and they took my order. Then received a follow up email saying it’s back ordered and will be about 2 weeks to get in but will process soon as they receive part.

tyromeo55

Reaction score
If you are still having trouble look at eBay where used ones can be found fairly cheap

jdavis

Reaction score
I intalled passive entry from Vais today. It is different than doing it the same way as in this forum as it a totally separate system and does not need to tap into Rams radio to work. You also only need only the parts included in a small box that they sell to you. It eliminates the need for harnesses and door handles. You do have to have a very small key tag which can be attached to your regular fob. If you have your fob and key tag in your pocket it will lock your doors as you walk away from your vehicle and unlock them again when you get up close to your vehicle. Since this is a separate system you don't have to worry about your dealership reflashing your truck and going back to square one. I posted a link and a video on page 37 if you are interested. My cost was $725 plus tax installed. I had it installed at Dakota Automotive in Alcester, SD I think these have just been released recently.

How are you liking it? It looks very intriguing

kasjun

Reaction score
I initially had a problem with weak signal and had to return to my installer. He relocated the antennas and added ground wires. It seems to work now. There is an app that can be added to your phone that will tell you how strong your signal is and then you can try testing it at different distances. This was the first system that they had installed (at Dakota Automotive) so it was a learning experience for them also but the support at the company seemed excellent. For me, this seemed like a better route as I was not qualified to install all the wiring harnesses and door handles as there is always a chance of breaking the original clamps and fasteners.

StealthTech6

Reaction score
can anyone point me to the best source of finding the wiring harness for driver/passenger door of 2022 1500?

vincentw56

Reaction score
can anyone point me to the best source of finding the wiring harness for driver/passenger door of 2022 1500?
Are you wanting someone to make the jumper wires or replace the entire harness? @Jimmy07 can make the jumper harness.

StealthTech6

Reaction score
Are you wanting someone to make the jumper wires or replace the entire harness? @Jimmy07 can make the jumper harness.
I did see he made cables. I'm pricing out OEM to see what it would be. I'm concerned about future warranty, so I want to see if OEM cables are worth the bite. Appreciate the reference though!

Edup

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I recently purchased this unit and didn't know it didn't come with keyless entry system. I traded in my BMW-X4M for this and I expected this to at least have that considering it cost more. The unit retails here in Puerto Rico for $120,000. Now, the dealer has agreed to install this without voiding the warranty and they will take care of the cost as well as I was going to return the vehicle for not having this. Can you help me select the specific parts needed? I know they're listed but want to make sure I send the correct part's list. I'd really appreciate it.

I'm also interested in adding Blind spot monitoring and digital rearview mirror. So if anyone has any information on that as well I'd be really grateful for it.

Thanks in advance
Eduardo

nickelwork87

Reaction score
Does anyone know the part numbers for trucks with delmonico red paint. I didn't see it listed in the column with all the part numbers. Does anybody know how to get in touch with Jimmy so that he can make me a harness for it. Thanks nicholas

vincentw56

Reaction score
Does anyone know the part numbers for trucks with delmonico red paint. I didn't see it listed in the column with all the part numbers. Does anybody know how to get in touch with Jimmy so that he can make me a harness for it. Thanks nicholas
You can PM @Jimmy07 for the harness.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

huntersales

Reaction score
Can I use a scan tool that works with Rams gateway or do I need to use AlfaOBD to program my BCM?
Thanks in advance

Murt

Reaction score
I made all the changes necessary in Alfaobd and the truck and only the tailgate works as it should. Does anybody have any ideas to check? I know the door harnesses are hooked up correctly because jimmy07 sent me a picture off where they go. Is it possible my door handles are bad?

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I made all the changes necessary in Alfaobd and the truck and only the tailgate works as it should. Does anybody have any ideas to check? I know the door harnesses are hooked up correctly because jimmy07 sent me a picture off where they go. Is it possible my door handles are bad?
Remove the little covers on the door handle, the one that covers the key hole and make sure there is a magnet in them. Without a magnet, the door handle will not work.

Murt

Reaction score
Remove the little covers on the door handle, the one that covers the key hole and make sure there is a magnet in them. Without a magnet, the door handle will not work.
Thanks. Just got done doing that and that is the issue. Thanks

Jaaf

Reaction score
Can i have the dealership permanently program it to my truck versus using Alfaobd? I rather not keep having to reprogram after dealer visits.

Users who are viewing this thread