5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding Passive Entry: How-to

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had trouble with this as well. Some of the feedback I got said to reseat the boot on the plastic ring first and then reconnect it to the body harness. I couldn’t get the connector re-engaged going that route. I actually was able to get the boot back on while it was in a similar position to what your picture illustrates above. It just took a lot more finagling than I anticipated.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I got one door done today (and it works!), but I’m having trouble getting the rubber boot back on the large double connector from the door to the body. Am I supposed to put the boot on the connector before I put the connector back into the body, or do I put the connector assembly into the body first, then get the boot over it somehow?

I have used "soapy water (dish detergent and water)" to aide in replacing rubber parts. Best of luck.

Jaaf

Reaction score
If dealer had to do a reset or whatnot, will it wipe out what’s done in alfaobd? Same with like tire size, fog drop out or whatever changed?

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If dealer had to do a reset or whatnot, will it wipe out what’s done in alfaobd? Same with like tire size, fog drop out or whatever changed?
Yep, you have to do all the changes you made again.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep, you have to do all the changes you made again.
That's why many of us have a "master copy" of our BCM.

Not only to track what we did in case something starts acting wonky but also to know what was done in case the dealership has to reflash/replace the BCM. The dealership will only work with your VIN and what came from the factory. Anything you've added (and not had added to your VIN with corporate) is up to you to manage if something happens (parts, programming, etc.).

Jaaf

Reaction score
Thanks… One other thing, where’s the cheapest place i can find the door handles ?

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm using the Windows version of AlfaOBD on my laptop. I'm not sure about the Android version but, after connecting to the BCM, I select the Status/Faults tab then select Read System ID. This populates the BCM list (options and settings) in a window which I copied and pasted in a Word document.

There's no way to reload it. You have to go through and manually change every entry.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There's no way to reload it. You have to go through and manually change every entry.
You can automatically restore the BCM with AlfaOBD. Just below car configuration change you can create a backup file. This will create a quick restore point. Just below that is the “restore from backup file” selection.

E1NSER

Reaction score
If anybody doesn’t want to spend the money for the entire door harnesses and rear facia harness, and doesn’t feel like building the add on harnesses with the parts, let me know and I can build them for you-
Ybotwhi.jpg
Hey Jimmy interested in ordering these. Can you PM me with details please! Thanks!

E1NSER

Reaction score
I have the tank (green) Built to Serve edition, and realize that the stock textured black handles aren't offered in PE. Couple questions:
- does anyone have experience (and photos!) of swapping a PE handle with the BTS black handle cover, to include drilling a hole for the PE button?
- are Tank and Olive Green the same? (I don't think they are, but wanted to confirm.)
+1 on this. I got a BTS in ceramic and would either like to keep them if there's a way to drill them like mentioned or possible buy the handles unpainted?

Anyone have any thoughts??

Thanks

Jaaf

Reaction score
Anyone purchase this rear antenna 56046957AA recently? Or know where they’re available?

I ordered from dealer and was told it’s back ordered and they have no eta so order got cancelled.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can automatically restore the BCM with AlfaOBD. Just below car configuration change you can create a backup file. This will create a quick restore point. Just below that is the “restore from backup file” selection.
Can you Custom Name the backup file to denote what version of backup say “added proximity entry” or “with BSM”? I’m sure there are better naming systems, those were just examples.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Can you Custom Name the backup file to denote what version of backup say “added proximity entry” or “with BSM”? I’m sure there are better naming systems, those were just examples.
Yes, and you can create as many as you want to choose from (ie- you can make a backup file after each setting change if you want).

E1NSER

Reaction score
Anyone purchase this rear antenna 56046957AA recently? Or know where they’re available?

I ordered from dealer and was told it’s back ordered and they have no eta so order got cancelled.
I ended up ordering the 56046957AA from bamwholesaleparts.com and got it in about a week. I havent installed so cant confirm it works but others have and said it works with minor adjustments to the mounting position but functions fine otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread