5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding Passive Entry: How-to

pflores

Reaction score
So I received a passenger door cable from Jimmy and the pins are labeled for a 1500 (i.e. 16D and 17D). I have a 2500. Can someone please tell me how those translate to the pins on a 2500. Should I place the 16D pin in the 4C or 14D location? I have the passenger door taken apart right now so if someone could answer me soon I will be eternally grateful :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

disregard. Jimmy hooked me up.

Reaction score
Does anyone have the proper routing for the handle add on harness for the HD trucks? Are there clips on the back side of the panel like the 1500's?

abaddon48

Reaction score
My apologies if this has already been answered, but what all should I be seeing in my settings on my infotainment system for passive entry?

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My apologies if this has already been answered, but what all should I be seeing in my settings on my infotainment system for passive entry?
Once all the changes are made, under "doors and locks" in the Uconnect settings there will be a line that says "Passive Entry" along with a checkbox.

davepmcc

Reaction score
I now have passive entry working in my 2021 RAM 1500 (including the rear antenna). Amazing!! Thank you all for making this happen and sharing your discoveries.

pflores

Reaction score
088c6d4c76a84d10d8072d038e0b803c.jpg

Question. Do I need to unplug the back of the door connector where my thumb is to be able to release the tabs that will allow me to inset the pins or do I just need to lift the tabs on the side while inserting the pins?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Question. Do I need to unplug the back of the door connector where my thumb is to be able to release the tabs that will allow me to inset the pins or do I just need to lift the tabs on the side while inserting the pins?

You need to unplug the individual white and brown connectors that come from the cab from the big door side connector in order to insert the two wires into the big door connector.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Once the connectors are unplugged, you will use these tabs on each side of the connector to raise the locking face (inside the connector) up about a quarter inch.
B1D8jtY.jpg

pflores

Reaction score
Once the connectors are unplugged, you will use these tabs on each side of the connector to raise the locking face (inside the connector) up about a quarter inch.
B1D8jtY.jpg

I’ll try that. Thanks Jimmy07

pflores

Reaction score
well, I got the passenger door working. The driver door is giving me some grief. For the life of me I can’t get the pin to go in all the way even after completely removing that face plate.

583578c5bc95b8647cd1deab6abee215.jpg
97879888861784ac4e94b7570bf75b93.jpg

Calling it for a day. Will try again tomorrow.

pflores

Reaction score
well, I got the passenger door working. The driver door is giving me some grief. For the life of me I can’t get the pin to go in all the way even after completely removing that face plate.

583578c5bc95b8647cd1deab6abee215.jpg
97879888861784ac4e94b7570bf75b93.jpg

Calling it for a day. Will try again tomorrow.

ended up replacing the problematic tip with a spare one I had laying around. Went in without a problem. Everything is working perfectly now.

Thanks to everyone that contributed in this thread. And thanks to Jimmy07 for the door harnesses and input. Now on to the next project.

Bemerton

Reaction score
If anybody doesn’t want to spend the money for the entire door harnesses and rear facia harness, and doesn’t feel like building the add on harnesses with the parts, let me know and I can build them for you-
Ybotwhi.jpg
Can you build these for a 2016 1500? If so how much?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Can you build these for a 2016 1500? If so how much?
The 4th gen is completely different. Aside from door harnesses similar to these, you need a new rf hub, push button ignition, new fobs, four antennas, and a custom harness that goes from the new rf hub to all four doors and the two in cab antennas. You’ll want to check in on this thread- https://www.ramforum.com/threads/how-to-add-factory-keyless-enter-n-go.134961/
I don’t keep any of those harness parts in stock, but I’ll give you a price if you want to PM me. Otherwise, get a hold of DoughRat19 over there, as I believe he has built a few sets.

kristof

Reaction score
Now I get used to the passive entry so bad that when I forgot to lock my car I just walk back to it to press the door handle switch. Instead of pressing the lock button on my FOB like normal person will do !

JayStein

Reaction score
Parts are ordered. Thanks all involved for the effort in putting this together. I was disappointed when I found this truck to find out that although it had keyless start it didn't have proximity entry. You'd think since there is a 80% solution already in place with the keyless start hardware, PE would be a given. Well... I'll be disappointed no more!

Scooter29

Reaction score
I’m trading in my 1500 for a 2500, will the wiring harnesses work for the 2500? I luckily didn’t get to the install so hoping I can save them for the 2500 if not them I’ll be posting them for sale they are the ones made by Jimmy07, thanks.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I’m trading in my 1500 for a 2500, will the wiring harnesses work for the 2500? I luckily didn’t get to the install so hoping I can save them for the 2500 if not them I’ll be posting them for sale they are the ones made by Jimmy07, thanks.
No. It's totally different. Parts, wiring... everything is different.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You don’t need the rear antenna harness, and the door harnesses you currently have won’t work on the 2500. They are the same length, and use the same door handle connector, but three out of the four male terminals are different. I do build the set for the HDs.

Scooter29

Reaction score
You don’t need the rear antenna harness, and the door harnesses you currently have won’t work on the 2500. They are the same length, and use the same door handle connector, but three out of the four male terminals are different. I do build the set for the HDs.
Thanks for the reply I’ll definitely message you for the HD set when I’m ready to tackle it.

Users who are viewing this thread