5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding Passive Entry: How-to

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Passive entry still has not shown up on my Uconnect. I’m gonna recheck all the settings then disconnect the battery and see what happens. Passive entry is operating normally though.

That’s odd. Double check to make sure the CSM selection is enabled in AlfaOBD. That should be the one that displays the checkbox. If you don’t plan on shutting it off though, it’s not going to affect anything without it there.

Tallus

Reaction score
When I try to change it Alpha Does not give me a notification that it was successfully changed.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
When I try to change it Alpha Does not give me a notification that it was successfully changed.
Does it show it as being set when you read the system status?

Tallus

Reaction score
I disconnected everything and reconnected the sgw and obf link and it worked. I did not have to disconnect the battery the menu option showed up once I cycled the ignition.

Last edited:

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Mine seems to do the same thing pretty often. If you just hit start again it’ll show you the current status and it has always changed it for me even when it didn’t say it did.

Arsenal11

Reaction score
@MayhemMOORE what a write up! Awesome work dude!

Anyone in the SoCal area willing do this install for me lol?

$100!
Me too! I'm in SoCal and I can't believe that a vehicle that cost this much doesn't have keyless entry as standard. Its standard now on civics and Sentra. I thought it had the feature too until I jump in the truck to drive away after purchasing. Not that big of a deal but like someone said earlier it's hard to break old habits. I've had this feature for the last 7 years.

Tazithman

Reaction score
Here's a lazy and poor man's $8 tailgate sensor ready to connect to any generic 2 prong connector. 20g solid core paired wire soldered to sensor pins and heat shrunk for water proofing.

Attachments

• 20200729_104835.jpg
    20200729_104835.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 265
  • 20200730_093559.jpg
    20200730_093559.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 261

ssick92

Reaction score
@MayhemMOORE what a write up! Awesome work dude!

Anyone in the SoCal area willing do this install for me lol?

$100!
Me too! I'm in SoCal and I can't believe that a vehicle that cost this much doesn't have keyless entry as standard. Its standard now on civics and Sentra. I thought it had the feature too until I jump in the truck to drive away after purchasing. Not that big of a deal but like someone said earlier it's hard to break old habits. I've had this feature for the last 7 years.

Depending on where you guys are in SoCal I can do the install for you, assuming you buy all the correct parts... If either of you have the Granite Crystal Metallic and want the chrome trim on the handles I can give you a good deal on those as I am about to return them, but that's the only spare parts I have...

Da MNTN

Reaction score
Depending on where you guys are in SoCal I can do the install for you, assuming you buy all the correct parts... If either of you have the Granite Crystal Metallic and want the chrome trim on the handles I can give you a good deal on those as I am about to return them, but that's the only spare parts I have...

I live in South OC (San Clemente), but I am willing to meet somewhere. My truck color is Maximum Steel. I would need to order all the parts.

Before I order, are these all the parts I need? I double checked the color match handles for my truck color:

Part NumberDescriptionQty
52112204AAPassive Entry Antenna1
6CV64KARADExterior Door Handle, Right (Body Color)2
6CV50KARACDoor Handle Cap, Left1
6CV52KARABDoor Handle Cap, Right1
@Jimmy07 HarnessCustom Harnesses3

Last edited:

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I live in South OC (San Clemente), but I willing to meet somewhere. My truck color is Maximum Steel. I would need to order all the parts.

Before I order, are these all the parts I need? I double checked the color match handles for my truck color:

I think that’s all you need, and obviously the Alfa obd setup.

WheelerNation

Reaction score
Thanks Jimmy07 that harness worked perfectly for the rear antenna, and thanks to MayhemMoore for the write up. This made things simple to install.

ssick92

Reaction score
I live in South OC (San Clemente), but I am willing to meet somewhere. My truck color is Maximum Steel. I would need to order all the parts.

I can probably help you out -- sent you a PM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/