5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding Passive Entry: How-to

beydoun

Reaction score
About $230 in parts from BAM Wholesale, $130 for Jimmy07’s wiring harnesses, $50 for the AlfaOBD software app, $25 for Security Bypass and $20 for OBDII Bluetooth/WiFi…total about $450.
Hey, I also just picked up a '22 billet silver big horn. the thread confused me on part numbers between 19-21. I'm looking to do a plug-&-play set-up as well. Do you mind sharing witch part numbers you used to order?

Jacobmac

Reaction score
I will be ordering parts and harness from Jimmy07 soon. I am in Grand Blanc,MI area. If anyone around me has done this and would be willing to help let me know. Thanks for all the hard work everyone put into this thread. Can't wait to have this feature again.

Vegeta97

Reaction score
So I'm thinking about doing this to my 2019 flame red bighorn 1500. It has factory keyless entry and remote start. (Why there's not passive entry as well is beyond me) Can some one direct me to who I should be ordering the parts I need and an approximate cost for the items? The whole she, and alphaobd I'll have to figure out as well as I don't thing my autel AL539 will do all of that

Vegeta97

Reaction score
So I'm thinking about doing this to my 2019 flame red bighorn 1500. It has factory keyless entry and remote start. (Why there's not passive entry as well is beyond me) Can some one direct me to who I should be ordering the parts I need and an approximate cost for the items? The whole she, and alphaobd I'll have to figure out as well as I don't thing my autel AL539 will do all of that
I'm in Nebraska, so I'm doubting anyone that has done this is close enough to assist it possibly do it

Shiloh3245

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new to the forum and would like some assistance with this upgrade. In the first page of this post, the front LH and RH doors part numbers to perform this upgrade are provided. Is the rear LH and RH door handles and caps the same as the front RH side or are they all different? My truck has the Diamond Black Crystal color or PXJ color code.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’m still debating doing this project. Anybody order all the parts recently? Are they readily available or is there a long wait like everything else these days?

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m still debating doing this project. Anybody order all the parts recently? Are they readily available or is there a long wait like everything else these days?
I just ordered the door handles and caps in PXJ Diamond Black from BAM, and it took about a week and a half to get them in. Not terrible.
Is the rear LH and RH door handles and caps the same as the front RH side or are they all different?
Rears are the same as the fronts. Passive entry for the rear doors is not a factory option. The front handles/caps are used when adding to the rears. I’m in the process of adding this to mine. Hope to knock it out in a week or two.

Shiloh3245

Reaction score
I just ordered the door handles and caps in PXJ Diamond Black from BAM, and it took about a week and a half to get them in. Not terrible.

Rears are the same as the fronts. Passive entry for the rear doors is not a factory option. The front handles/caps are used when adding to the rears. I’m in the process of adding this to mine. Hope to knock it out in a week or two.

@JBowman thank you for clearing this up for me, much appreciated. Good luck with your install, hope all goes well.

Maintf16

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new to the forum and would like some assistance with this upgrade. In the first page of this post, the front LH and RH doors part numbers to perform this upgrade are provided. Is the rear LH and RH door handles and caps the same as the front RH side or are they all different? My truck has the Diamond Black Crystal color or PXJ color code.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, thank you
I did this to my 2021 Built to Serve Edition a while back. Are you trying to add passive entry to all 4 doors? If you are not then the front handles and rear handles are def not the same part numbers.

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Door handles are the same, front and rear. There are different between left and right. The only difference are the caps. One has a hole for the actual Key.

Last edited:

Maintf16

Reaction score
Door handles are the same, front and rear. There are different between left and right. The only difference are the caps. One has a hole for the actual Key.
You are incorrect sir, the front handles have the passive entry button but the back handles do not. It was not a factory option to have passive entry on the rear doors and would require a decent amount of work to make them functional from my understanding. The left front is the only one with a key hole on the cap and the rear handles do not have passive entry buttons. The plain rear handles are way cheaper than the PE handles for front

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You are incorrect sir, the front handles have the passive entry button but the back handles do not. It was not a factory option to have passive entry on the rear doors and would require a decent amount of work to make them functional from my understanding. The left front is the only one with a key hole on the cap and the rear handles do not have passive entry buttons. The plain rear handles are way cheaper than the PE handles for front
I was referring to post 849. If you want to add passive entry to the rear doors, then the front and rear are the same.

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good call out @MannyN. Definitely should have specified the difference between driver side and passenger side caps. I did it mentally as I was typing up my reply, but it clearly didn't make it into my post haha.

BungeBash

Reaction score
Just upgraded my '22 Big Horn. The tailgate operates as planned, but the front doors don't seem to activate. Anyone run into this before?

BungeBash

Reaction score
Just upgraded my '22 Big Horn. The tailgate operates as planned, but the front doors don't seem to activate. Anyone run into this before?
Nevermind! Fished through the pages. Saw someone else had the same issue. If you see this, the answer is make sure you swap the small outer handle pieces. There is a tiny magnet in each that makes the whole thing work -_-

Shiloh3245

Reaction score
I was referring to post 849. If you want to add passive entry to the rear doors, then the front and rear are the same.
Yes, I'm planning on adding passive entry (PE) to the rear doors as well. I ended up ordering the same handles for the rear as I did for the front, one PE cap for the driver front door (with the hole) and three PE caps without the hole.

Thank you guys for getting back to me on this.

J-barcarp

54 year old teenager
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have the fronts and wires from jimmy07. Have not had time to install. Probably gonna do the backs too. What wire harness are you using for the backs?

Last edited:

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have the fronts and wires from the guy here. Have not had time to install. Probably gonna do the backs too. What wire harness are you using for the backs?
@Jimmy07 can make you the harness for he rear. It is custom since it doesn't come from the factory.

sdownes80

Reaction score
If anybody doesn’t want to spend the money for the entire door harnesses and rear facia harness, and doesn’t feel like building the add on harnesses with the parts, let me know and I can build them for you-
Ybotwhi.jpg
I would love to have the rear harness for the door to have passive entry just let me know how much

Users who are viewing this thread