5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding front and rear parking sensors?

Hey, I swapped my front bumper for a Westin Outlaw. I thought I put all the sensors back in the same orientation but I am getting continual warnings when I drive. The pass side seems ok but the front is super sensitive and randomly senses stuff that is not there and the driver side is almost constantly jumping from not sensing anything to warning red. I might have swapped the drivers side sensors (very possible actually). Would this cause the funny action? Anyone know where I can find out if I have the right sensors in the right location?

Harness part number is: 2021-2024 Ram 1500 - 68489203aa
The 2 sensors on the drivers side each have 3 wires. One of them has Gry, Y/W, Blu/W the other is Gry, Or/W, Blu/W.
Right now I have Gry, Or/W, Blu/W as forward facing/front.
I have Gry, Y/W, Blu/W closer to the tire in the far left/drvr position.

Truck is a '21 Bighorn 1500DT. Thanks for all the info so far!
on my truck(21 TRX) all the fronts sensors are the same part #. The only difference was the bezels they go into which I guess changes the direction they point slightly.

If this is the bumper you have it's very possible the sensors are just picking up the bumper itself based on them being recessed slightly and having the tubes in front of the sensors View attachment 191230
Yep. That's the one. Man, I hope its not picking up the bumper. You'd think they would have figured that out before now. It's been out for many years. I hope someone can help me out with either a schematic or pinout for the harness I listed above so I can rule out misplacement of the sensors themselves. Are the sensors sensitive to clocking as far as "is there a top and bottom"?

Any idea where I could find the schematic or pinouts for the connectors on the harness?

Last edited:
on my truck(21 TRX) all the fronts sensors are the same part #. The only difference was the bezels they go into which I guess changes the direction they point slightly.
I thought that was the case but even in the PDF directions for adding parking sensors in this very thread they list different part numbers for clocking left or right of the connector housing.

Front Bumper
Sensors x4 5YV68TZZAA
Sensors x2 6MK25TZZAA

In case it helps anyone. Here is the parking assist schematic for 2021.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-10-16 144928.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-16 144928.png
    152.1 KB · Views: 2
Yep. That's the one. Man, I hope its not picking up the bumper. You'd think they would have figured that out before now. It's been out for many years. I hope someone can help me out with either a schematic or pinout for the harness I listed above so I can rule out misplacement of the sensors themselves. Are the sensors sensitive to clocking as far as "is there a top and bottom"?

Any idea where I could find the schematic or pinouts for the connectors on the harness?

I'm not sure it matters which sensor is where, at least in my 2020, all the sensors were the same. And the plugs on the harness are pretty self explanatory on which sensor they go to based on length and location of the pigtails of course my aftermarket bumper doesn't have the two sensors on each side so close to each other.

I definitely saw a thread(maybe on the TRX Forum) that said which way they are clocked is important. I will try to find it, but I think the outer two both sides the plug was pointed toward the center of the bumper and the inner two the plug was pointed toward the edges of the bumper

found the thread and what I said above is correct. Outer two both sides the plug is pointed toward the center and the inner two are pointed toward the bumper edges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.
Back