5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding front and rear parking sensors?

DanOTheManO

Reaction score
Not really sure why you guys are receiving the same errors... yes, you could have a bad module... things to check.. programming of the BCM, power and ground at module, can wires--twisted pair pinned properly and plugged into the proper location - can block... the truck isn't seeing the sensors once you programmed the BCM, does sound like a communication issue --- NO Power or NO CAN = NO Communication and Park Sense being unavailable...

-=FM45=-
FM45, I determined that I had the wrong sensors which completely my fault after going down the wrong path on ebay. I got sensors that have the right part numbers, installed them, cleared my faults and everything seemed to be good - no more faults and I no longer got prompts to service the front or rear park sense systems. However, I'm not getting any indication from any of the sensors that they detect anything. I set up some tests in front and behind the truck but I never got any indication that the sensors picked up anything.

My two thoughts about it are - either I didn't program something right or something is up with the sensors since they are cheap Chinese (I think) knockoffs I got from ebay. I did my programming with JScan so I had to try and translate some of the settings that you noted for AlphaOBD. I was thinking about going back and disabling and re-enabling the settings I changed to see if that would take care of it. If it doesn't I was going to go ahead and just get the factory sensors (at least the a rear set) to see if they worked plug-n-play without making any other modifications. I'm curious if there are any tests you know of to test out operation of the sensors before I try and swap them out.

Thanks - DanO

DanOTheManO

Reaction score
Order OEM. Better to be safe. I had no issues with the OEM ones. I just ordered the others. Yes, they are more expensive but my sanity is worth it!
igolf

Did you ever get your issues sorted out?

After getting the right part number versions of the sensors (but still cheap knock offs from ebay) my errors went away. Unfortunately, they still don't seem to be providing any indication of obstructions. So I might need to go ahead and do as you said and go with the OEM sensors. I'm going to reverify my programming and may order some sensors to test the rear first. If they work I'll go ahead and order the front sensors as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online