5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AAWireless Review

sailouterbanks

Reaction score
I cannot get the start/stop to operate properly. I have to unplug the AAWireless when I get home EVERY time. If I leave it plugged in, my phone will continually connect and disconnect every few seconds, turning my screen on each time and keeping my phone from connecting to my WiFi. I am to the point where I rarely even use the AAWireless anymore. I mean, what is the point if I have to plug and unplug every time I get in/out of the truck. I can just do that with my phone. :(
Somehow when I enabled start stop feature i picked the wrong connection so now my device doesn't connect automatically. I have to go to bluetooth settings and start AAwireless then it works fine and doesn't try to reconnect when I leave the truck. This all started with the new version of the app. I wonder if we can roll back the app version?

spywiz

Reaction score
Update:
While out driving I tried using the Android voice control via the steering wheel button. Button worked fine but obviously my voice was not getting through to the phone. Played around with settings and MTP with retry and pass-through now works for everything including voice commands.
Thanks for the info. I'm pulling my hair out. Got mine in the mail today. What were your final settings on the AAWireless with MTP and passthrough?

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I'm pulling my hair out. Got mine in the mail today. What were your final settings on the AAWireless with MTP and passthrough?

I was on direct with passthrough disabled up until fw 1.8 - then I started having a lot of issues where it would hang with the white LED lit. I got tired of hacking it and ordered the Motorola. Not a single issue with it.

I did just flash the AAW to 2.0 but think I'd have to remove all mentions of it in UConnect, clear cache and data and start over for it to work again. Just haven't gotten to it yet.

jimbotron

Reaction score
I updated to version 2.0 and now nothing works again. I'm about to try every setting imaginable again to see what I can get to work.

Things I've tried so far:
Factory reset of device
Uninstall and reinstall of AAwireless app
Removed device from projection devices
Direct, all versions of MTP

Going to try passthrough etc now and will report back.

sailouterbanks

Reaction score
I was having problems after getting the new app. It would keep reconnecting to the truck after I got out. I enabled start stop and still had problems. I put a widget on my phone screen and would have to tap that to get it to connect. That was my Galaxy S10+. Just got a new S22 Ultra and it works perfectly now. USB mode: MTP with force start. Start start enabled. Passthrough disabled Takes maybe 20 seconds to connect(phone and AAwireless). No drop outs, works perfect. I did have same issue with old phone when I picked wrong device on start stop. Maybe delete app, reinstall and pick correct device?

Big White RAM

Reaction score
I have a Galaxy S20 running Android12. I did get the "Device Not Supported" each time I started the truck but changed to MTP and have never had that pop up again. I also have "Start Stop" enabled and have had zero issues with the device connecting / disconnecting entering or leaving the truck and the aawireless app seems flawless. My device is a March release so I guess it's the newest version. Maybe the devices work best using Android12?

HarlyFan

Reaction score
OMG, I can’t get this to work at all with Start/Stop enabled! What device are you suppose to select once you enable Start/Stop? I think I have Uconnect selected from the list, its the last choice in the list. Sorry I do not have phone with me. It just says searching device and never connects to anything. I can run it fine without Start / Stop enabled but it never disconnects and is always searching, same nonsense everyone else is experiencing. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Big White RAM

Reaction score
OMG, I can’t get this to work at all with Start/Stop enabled! What device are you suppose to select once you enable Start/Stop? I think I have Uconnect selected from the list, its the last choice in the list. Sorry I do not have phone with me. It just says searching device and never connects to anything. I can run it fine without Start / Stop enabled but it never disconnects and is always searching, same nonsense everyone else is experiencing. Any suggestions would be helpful.
What phone / OS are you using? I upgraded my phone / OS Android 12 and paired it to the truck (had not downloaded the aawireless app before that) without any issues other than it would not disconnect after leaving the truck. I THEN downloaded the aawireless app, and the next time I used AAuto, enabled the start/stop feature without any issues. The only other thing I did was to change the setting to MTP to eliminate the "Device Not Supported" message each time I started the truck.
I would try unpairing your phone and remove the aawireless app, then re-pair the phone to the truck and add the aawireless app later. After that, next time you use aawireless, you can turn on "Start / Stop" and hopefully it will work as does mine.

HarlyFan

Reaction score
I am using a Pixel 6 Pro with Android 12. I have mine set to MTP and with Start/Stop not enabled it works fine other then always searching and never shutting off. When I try to enable Start/Stop it has a pop up that follows and you must make a selection. Maybe I am choosing the wrong one because after I save it it NEVER connects. What option from the drop down devices are you selecting? I have never had issues until I updated the app to 2.0.

Big White RAM

Reaction score
I am using a Pixel 6 Pro with Android 12. I have mine set to MTP and with Start/Stop not enabled it works fine other then always searching and never shutting off. When I try to enable Start/Stop it has a pop up that follows and you must make a selection. Maybe I am choosing the wrong one because after I save it it NEVER connects. What option from the drop down devices are you selecting? I have never had issues until I updated the app to 2.0.
I remember reading somewhere on this forum about someone having a problem with there Pixel 6 and aawireless. After an update on there phone everything worked again; maybe that's the issue? The aawireless app I have is "system update 1.12.0". If everything worked well for you before the update, maybe you could go back to the original. All I have set on the app is MTP and On / Off. I would think the update definately is the issue since everything worked before.

ram!TH@rd

Reaction score
I started having more issue lately after updating AAwireless to 2.x. Even reverting everything back to default as it were a first-time setup. It works for a bit then quits entirely.. Opened 2 cases with support and the same reply:

Revert all settings to default..

So basically start over. Just majorly annoying..

jimbotron

Reaction score
I started having more issue lately after updating AAwireless to 2.x. Even reverting everything back to default as it were a first-time setup. It works for a bit then quits entirely.. Opened 2 cases with support and the same reply:

Revert all settings to default..

So basically start over. Just majorly annoying..
Same here. This thing starts properly maybe one out of ten times. I have to remove the projection device from UConnect almost every single time. Tried every setting imaginable, and factory reset probably a dozen times at this point.

I ordered the Motorola M1A from Target and will see if this thing is any better.

ram!TH@rd

Reaction score
Same here. This thing starts properly maybe one out of ten times. I have to remove the projection device from UConnect almost every single time. Tried every setting imaginable, and factory reset probably a dozen times at this point.

I ordered the Motorola M1A from Target and will see if this thing is any better.
Let us know how it works out.. I'm looking for a better alternative myself.

sailouterbanks

Reaction score
So mine is working most of the time. It takes a little longer to connect but then does. I have start/stop enabled so it doesn't try to stay connected when I get out of the truck. I noticed that sometimes when it doesn't connect it because my wifi on the phone is off. This is a setting on my phone that cuts off wifi if in an unknown area. if AA doesn't connect I cut wifi on and AA connects. I also but a AA Wireless screen widget on my home screen that force restarts AAwireless, occasionally I have to tap that and it connects. I'm going to cut off the turn off wifi feature to see if the helps.

ram!TH@rd

Reaction score
I restored to factory, updated to 2.0.1, and reran the setup. Let's see how well it behaves again.

HarlyFan

Reaction score
Ordered Motorola Wireless, paid 2 times retail to get one quickly and it works perfectly. No issues whatsoever, I was an early adopter of AAWireless but this Motorola unit saved my trip last week!!!

Huskymush

Reaction score
Ordered Motorola Wireless, paid 2 times retail to get one quickly and it works perfectly. No issues whatsoever, I was an early adopter of AAWireless but this Motorola unit saved my trip last week!!!
Does this have the start/stop?

ram!TH@rd

Reaction score
I restored to factory, updated to 2.0.1, and reran the setup. Let's see how well it behaves again.

I give up.. I didn't use the "start/stop" option with "Uconnect" hoping that would alleviate the pain and it totally stopped connecting yesterday. Really disappointed with this product.

After all these issues we've been discussing, this article came out yesterday:

Maybe all of our noise will be heard and they come up with a better fix once they get in the hands of more users

jimbotron

Reaction score
I give up.. I didn't use the "start/stop" option with "Uconnect" hoping that would alleviate the pain and it totally stopped connecting yesterday. Really disappointed with this product.
It's really bad. I spoke to their support and gave them an earful and they're sending me another unit. I was in one of the initial batches so I'm not sure if this will solve anything or not. Will of course keep everyone updated here once I receive it.

In the meantime I'm going to mess with the MA1, but it doesn't have start/stop as said above...so it's not an ideal solution at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread