5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AAWireless Review

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
Well, I had mine working well for about a week. Then I installed the latest firmware and now it doesn't work worth $#!?. Does anyone know how to revert back to a previous firmware. With the latest one it will only connect half the time, but even when it does it "loses the connection" a few minutes later and I have to unplug it and plug it back in to get it working again (which only lasts a few minutes). Worked perfectly for a week prior to the update yesterday. :(

Tellsch

Reaction score
Try running dongle mode and have passthrough on. Seems to work ok for my 2020.

ram!TH@rd

Reaction score
Well, I had mine working well for about a week. Then I installed the latest firmware and now it doesn't work worth $#!?. Does anyone know how to revert back to a previous firmware. With the latest one it will only connect half the time, but even when it does it "loses the connection" a few minutes later and I have to unplug it and plug it back in to get it working again (which only lasts a few minutes). Worked perfectly for a week prior to the update yesterday. :(
I do believe you have to email support and they will make the FW you want available to you on the app using your AAWireless device ID.

FrankieG

Reaction score
You can also go to the XDA forum and ask to be reverted back.
AAWireless - General discussion and support
I've been running for over a week with no issues so far. Dongle mode, start/stop enabled, usb set to MTP w/forced restart. 2020 1500, 12" Uconnect.

sailouterbanks

Reaction score
S22 Ultra and it works perfectly now. USB mode: MTP with force start. Start start enabled. Passthrough disabled. On phone setting "Wifi always on". Works perfect. Updates firmware today and all good.

batatas

Reaction score
I was having problems after getting the new app from technifiser. It would keep reconnecting to the truck after I got out. I enabled start stop and still had problems. I put a widget on my phone screen and would have to tap that to get it to connect. That was my Galaxy S10+. Just got a new S22 Ultra and it works perfectly now.

Last edited:

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
I still don't have mine working correctly again after the latest update. It will disconnect when the truck turns off now, but it will also randomly disconnect while driving. It happened 3 time during my drive to work this morning. It is really irritating!!!

jimbotron

Reaction score
I still don't have mine working correctly again after the latest update. It will disconnect when the truck turns off now, but it will also randomly disconnect while driving. It happened 3 time during my drive to work this morning. It is really irritating!!!
Switch it to 2.4ghz. I had the same problem with 5ghz and haven't had a drop since moving to 2.4. I was ready to throw this thing in the trash before that.

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
Switch it to 2.4ghz. I had the same problem with 5ghz and haven't had a drop since moving to 2.4. I was ready to throw this thing in the trash before that.
Thanks for the tip! It is still a bit early to be certain this fixed it, but it did not disconnect at all on my drive home this evening. An improvement for sure, and hopefully a fix.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Do you have to be connected to the adapters wifi and Bluetooth simultaneously for it work?

jimbotron

Reaction score
For anyone else experiencing issues, of all the firmware versions and settings out there, this is the current tried and true, no drop no disconnects setup:

- Firmware version 1.8 (to downgrade, go here and open a ticket with your AA device name and ask to be put on firmware 1.8)

The following settings in the aawireless app:
- USB mode: MTP with retry
- Passthrough: disabled
- Wifi settings: 2.4ghz (only if you experience random drops)
- start/stop: enabled, with uconnect as the device

Everything else can stay default/off.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I switched to the Motorola and it has been great. There is a few times a month that I may need to unplug out and plug it back in. My AAWireless was never that good. But I was one of the first to get it.

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
My AAWireless was finicky at first and took some time for the maker to work out some bugs, but it has now worked flawlessly for several months. I forget that it is even there most days because it is working so seamlessly.

FrankieG

Reaction score
I tested the Motorola MA-1 and the unit needed to be unplugged every couple of days. Using AAWireless with the latest firmware and software since the beginning of August I've had zero issues with it. It has been working flawlessly. The devs are very hands on in solving issues with their product. Most of the problems that cannot be resolved are related to some phone manufacturers or Android Auto itself.

sailouterbanks

Reaction score
I tested the Motorola MA-1 and the unit needed to be unplugged every couple of days. Using AAWireless with the latest firmware and software since the beginning of August I've had zero issues with it. It has been working flawlessly. The devs are very hands on in solving issues with their product. Most of the problems that cannot be resolved are related to some phone manufacturers or Android Auto itself.
Agreed. Mine is working extremely well now

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
No fault of the AAWireless, but I think I need to do a complete reset and reinstall. I had the dreaded dead battery today and ended up having to do a reset on the radio. Now my AAWireless is not working at all. I think the connection was corrupted somehow. I just cannot get it to connect. I won't have time to play with it until this weekend, but hopefully I can get it back up and running quickly.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just ordered one after reading this thread. Don't drive my truck much anymore, but this sounds super convenient.

karlh

Reaction score
Have a 2020 with Unconnect 4. AAWireless does not work when plugged into the USB-C ports. It works great when plugged into either of the standard sized USB ports under the center dash.

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
Have a 2020 with Unconnect 4. AAWireless does not work when plugged into the USB-C ports. It works great when plugged into either of the standard sized USB ports under the center dash.
That's odd. Mine is plugged into the USB-C port and works great ('21 w/UC4).

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online