5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AAWireless Review

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I updated to the latest and had issues. I had to reset the AAWireless. No issues now.

jimbotron

Reaction score
the reset of the device never really worked for me, but i have very good news!

the february 2022 monthly pixel 6 pro update seemed to resolve all of my issues with aawireless and the bluetooth disconnecting from the truck!

specifically, this:
  • Fix for issue causing audio playback to disconnect while using certain Bluetooth devices *[1].
  • General improvements for Bluetooth audio quality with certain media codecs *[1].

the only aawireless setting i have configured is the mode set to MTP. if i keep it on default, the uconnect screen showed me a "device not supported" window that i had to dismiss every time, then it worked fine.

in developer settings on my pixel 6 pro, i also have "bluetooth avrcp version" set to 1.6. i believe this also allows album art to work over bluetooth without using android auto but i cannot confirm.

sailouterbanks

Reaction score
I downloaded the new app and am now having issues. The big issue is my phone keeps reconnecting to the trucks Bluetooth after I get out. I can be on my cell in the house and the call cuts out. When I look at my phone its connected to my trucks bluetooth in the garage. Happens at my office too. If I change the start stop setting it works but many time my phone won't connect to AAwireless when I get in the truck. Anyone else having an issue with the new app? If not, what are your app settings? My phone is Galaxy s10+

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I downloaded the new app and am now having issues. The big issue is my phone keeps reconnecting to the trucks Bluetooth after I get out. I can be on my cell in the house and the call cuts out. When I look at my phone its connected to my trucks bluetooth in the garage. Happens at my office too. If I change the start stop setting it works but many time my phone won't connect to AAwireless when I get in the truck. Anyone else having an issue with the new app? If not, what are your app settings? My phone is Galaxy s10+
Having the same issue, started the other day though my app hasnt been update since June of 21

FrankieG

Reaction score
I downloaded the new beta app last week. It seems to connect a little faster, but I am having similar infrequent issues reconnecting with start/stop enabled. Sometimes it works fine, others it won't connect. One problem I did have was at times my Galaxy watch would prevent it from connecting. It usually resolves by putting the watch in airplane mode, reconnecting the bluetooth with AAWireless, then returning the watch to normal. I'm hoping the updated start/stop in the upcoming new firmware will resolve this.

vincentw56

Reaction score
Although AAWireless worked well for me, I switched to the Motorola device. It works so much better. No app to install. No issues with the phone staying connected.

SzaboTx

Reaction score
This thing has been a pain for me! Finally got the app update so it now seems to disconnect when I turn off the car (at least my phone shows it is not connected)...but the connectivity seems spotty.
Anyone using Fermata with AAWireless? I just took a roundtrip with the kids and I had to switch back to wired so that Fermata would work properly.
Also, is anyone having charging issues while using AAWireless? My wireless fast charger that works amazing, doesn't seem to charge when my phone is connected to AAWireless. it shows it is fast charging but doesn't actually charge...very weird.

I'm interested in the Motorola whenever it comes out again @vincentw56 . How are you liking it?

vincentw56

Reaction score
This thing has been a pain for me! Finally got the app update so it now seems to disconnect when I turn off the car (at least my phone shows it is not connected)...but the connectivity seems spotty.
Anyone using Fermata with AAWireless? I just took a roundtrip with the kids and I had to switch back to wired so that Fermata would work properly.
Also, is anyone having charging issues while using AAWireless? My wireless fast charger that works amazing, doesn't seem to charge when my phone is connected to AAWireless. it shows it is fast charging but doesn't actually charge...very weird.

I'm interested in the Motorola whenever it comes out again @vincentw56 . How are you liking it?
It works great. I've only had a few issues with it were I had to unplug it and replug it back in to get the phone to connect. But it works great. It is out and available. It's just on back order.

SickSix

Reaction score
Hey everyone, looking for some help. Just got my AAWireless this week, and it is working well... almost too well! It connects right away every time I start the truck. My problem is getting it to disconnect when I leave the truck. I park in an attached garage, and even when I'm on the other side of the house, my phone is still connected to the AAWireless wifi and bluetooth. I have tried the following settings that I found on this thread and from Google:

RAM: Delete every device listed in "mirror screen"

OnePlus 7 Pro (Android 11): clear storage and cache for AAWireless, Android Auto, & Google Play Services, turn off wifi and Bluetooth scanning, Developer settings "bluetooth avrcp version" set to 1.6

AAWireless app (ver 1.9.3): enable MTP and pass-through, enable Start/Stop option.
-in the start-stop option, I see UConnect listed twice. I've tried checking each one, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

What am I missing to get my phone to disconnect when I leave the truck?

Related question: In all my tinkering, I lost the speed limit display in Waze, when connected to the truck (via USB cable, or AAWireless). It does display correctly if I just open the app on the phone. Any ideas? Thanks!

vincentw56

Reaction score
Try turning on the start/stop setting.

SickSix

Reaction score
Yes, I've tried the start/stop setting, see above. Does anyone else see 2 UConnect entries on that setting?

Some good news, I figured out the Waze speed limit display problem... have to turn off location permissions for Android Auto app.

Still not having any luck getting the phone to disconnect from AAwireless when at home though.

jimbotron

Reaction score
Yes, I've tried the start/stop setting, see above. Does anyone else see 2 UConnect entries on that setting?
I have two because my wife's Jeep also is named UConnect.

To be sure, i "forgot" the UConnect that was her car, then selected the only remaining one (for my truck) in the AAWireless app. Then I just re-paired with her car next time I drove it. AAWireless remembered it was tied to my truck.

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
I have had mine for almost a week and have been unable to get the Start/Stop to function properly either. The best I have been able to do is get it to stop notifying me that it is connected. I can't connect to my home wifi because the AAwireless continually switches it off and reconnects. I even turned the wifi OFF on my phone and AAwireless just turns it back on and connects itself. I know that I can just unplug it, but that kind of defeats the purpose of having it in the first place. :(

SickSix

Reaction score
I tried everything, but can't get it to disconnect when I leave the truck, so for now, I just unplug the USB connection. :( Kinda defeats the purpose, but maybe the next OTA update will fix it.

SickSix

Reaction score
I have had mine for almost a week and have been unable to get the Start/Stop to function properly either.
What phone do have? I have a OnePlus 7Pro. Wonder if it's related to the phone more than the AAwireless device.

I can actually see the start/stop service begin running in my notifications for a few seconds when the truck is turned off, like it is trying to disconnect the phone and truck, but then it just goes away and my wifi and Bluetooth stay connected to AAwireless.

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
What phone do have? I have a OnePlus 7Pro. Wonder if it's related to the phone more than the AAwireless device.

I can actually see the start/stop service begin running in my notifications for a few seconds when the truck is turned off, like it is trying to disconnect the phone and truck, but then it just goes away and my wifi and Bluetooth stay connected to AAwireless.
I have a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

TonyCA

Reaction score

The device is working properly by connecting when the connection is available, the truck shouldn't be available when powered off.

Why is there a WIFI and a Bluetooth connection to be made when the truck is powered off? That would be where I focused my troubleshooting time.

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
I cannot get the start/stop to operate properly. I have to unplug the AAWireless when I get home EVERY time. If I leave it plugged in, my phone will continually connect and disconnect every few seconds, turning my screen on each time and keeping my phone from connecting to my WiFi. I am to the point where I rarely even use the AAWireless anymore. I mean, what is the point if I have to plug and unplug every time I get in/out of the truck. I can just do that with my phone. :(

Users who are viewing this thread