5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AAWireless Review

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Still having intermittent issues.. I may just factory reset and start over.. I maybe dealing with the fact that I have the new Samsung Flip 3 phone and could be contributing to the behavior of how this works with either phone open vs closed but not sure yet..
Mine has been working great, but I don't have that phone. Are you on Android 12? Have you reached out to the developers? They might need to fix it on their end.

sailouterbanks

Reaction score
Another interesting quirk. A couple of times after AA connects my volume doesn't work and the left side speaker level is low. Can't change the level or balance. Then I happened to notice that the symbol beside the volume level bar is the Android Auto symbol. If i hit the power button of and then back on all is well and the volume symbol is a speaker again.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Another interesting quirk. A couple of times after AA connects my volume doesn't work and the left side speaker level is low. Can't change the level or balance. Then I happened to notice that the symbol beside the volume level bar is the Android Auto symbol. If i hit the power button of and then back on all is well and the volume symbol is a speaker again.
I've had this issue when plugging in my phone even before AAWireless. If you got the microphone (assistant) and cancel out, it goes back.

ram!TH@rd

Reaction score
Mine has been working great, but I don't have that phone. Are you on Android 12? Have you reached out to the developers? They might need to fix it on their end.

I'm on Android 11.. I haven't reached out to the developers yet (been traveling for work). I did try to enable "Debug" which requires AA to run but as soon as I flip to "Enable" for debug AA disconnects. It works 10% of the time.

Reaction score
Got my AAwireless today (Oct perk) and works great. Only issue I had was it saying "device not supported" but I changed the USB to MTP and message is gone.

I think this loads faster then the cable, and that isn't including plugging the cable in. I think this along with the Course Wireless charger will take AA to another level. On par with keyless starting. The money we pay for convince!!!

I've also turned on the "Start/Stop" option which I assume uses Uconnect to stop connections to AAwireless. My phone was trying to connect after the truck was shut down. I assume this is the bluetooth disconnect option in firmware 1.5.0 which is what my unit shipped with and most up to date firmware.

See pictures of install. I wanted the unit hidden out of sight. I changed the USB-A to USB-C cable that came with the unit to a USB-C to USB-C angled end cable to keep the clean close to the ports (rather than cable sticking out) I then put velcro on the unit, ran the cable beside the console and stuck the unit under passenger seat on the side of the console. Out of sight, out of mind. Keeps it looking more factory.

20211109_132155.jpg
20211109_132149.jpg

ram!TH@rd

Reaction score
Got my AAwireless today (Oct perk) and works great. Only issue I had was it saying "device not supported" but I changed the USB to MTP and message is gone.

I think this loads faster then the cable, and that isn't including plugging the cable in. I think this along with the Course Wireless charger will take AA to another level. On par with keyless starting. The money we pay for convince!!!

I've also turned on the "Start/Stop" option which I assume uses Uconnect to stop connections to AAwireless. My phone was trying to connect after the truck was shut down. I assume this is the bluetooth disconnect option in firmware 1.5.0 which is what my unit shipped with and most up to date firmware.

See pictures of install. I wanted the unit hidden out of sight. I changed the USB-A to USB-C cable that came with the unit to a USB-C to USB-C angled end cable to keep the clean close to the ports (rather than cable sticking out) I then put velcro on the unit, ran the cable beside the console and stuck the unit under passenger seat on the side of the console. Out of sight, out of mind. Keeps it looking more factory.

View attachment 110592
View attachment 110593
Excellent!! So I had reached out to the developer last week and he/she guided me on changes to make with the adapter.. One of them is what you had commented on about ""Start/Stop" option" as I was dealing with the exact same issue. On top of that, my phone would disconnect from my home wi-fi in place of AAWireless whenever I was at home and close to the garage. So far (5 days later) things are going swell..

HarlyFan

Reaction score
Has anyone using Android 12 experienced any connection issues? My unit use to connect each time without issue. Last week I got a new PixelPro 6 with Android 12 and now it will not connect to AAWireless module. The module has a constant blue light but my phone keeps saying looking for Android Auto and will not connect. I have tried all the fixes that AAWireless has suggested. Today I took the module out of truck and tried it in my wifes car and it connected with no issues so its not the phone, it appears to be the truck settings. Does anyone have any suggestions to try in the truck?

Reaction score
Excellent!! So I had reached out to the developer last week and he/she guided me on changes to make with the adapter.. One of them is what you had commented on about ""Start/Stop" option" as I was dealing with the exact same issue. On top of that, my phone would disconnect from my home wi-fi in place of AAWireless whenever I was at home and close to the garage. So far (5 days later) things are going swell..

The MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) port change is also another one that seems like it's needed. The Uconnect system displays the "device not supported" as I had mentioned above. Before I found that information here I had messaged the developer about the issue. When they did contact me I had figured out that issue by reading on this forum about switching it to MTP, so I replied to the developer to let them know that was the cause. It's always good to share information with them, because if they get others with the same issue they will be able to tell them right away what they need to do.

I'm glad you got things working... I'm now 6 days in and it's working without any issues. Still loading up faster then cable (in my opinion) and I love that I don't need to plug in anymore. Especially for running into stores or using my phone to tap pay at the drive-thru. Small convince with a very big positive result. Wireless charging and AAwireless is the way to go.

ram!TH@rd

Reaction score
Has anyone using Android 12 experienced any connection issues? My unit use to connect each time without issue. Last week I got a new PixelPro 6 with Android 12 and now it will not connect to AAWireless module. The module has a constant blue light but my phone keeps saying looking for Android Auto and will not connect. I have tried all the fixes that AAWireless has suggested. Today I took the module out of truck and tried it in my wifes car and it connected with no issues so its not the phone, it appears to be the truck settings. Does anyone have any suggestions to try in the truck?
I'm sharing with you what the developers shared with me as I had similar connection
The MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) port change is also another one that seems like it's needed. The Uconnect system displays the "device not supported" as I had mentioned above. Before I found that information here I had messaged the developer about the issue. When they did contact me I had figured out that issue by reading on this forum about switching it to MTP, so I replied to the developer to let them know that was the cause. It's always good to share information with them, because if they get others with the same issue they will be able to tell them right away what they need to do.

I'm glad you got things working... I'm now 6 days in and it's working without any issues. Still loading up faster then cable (in my opinion) and I love that I don't need to plug in anymore. Especially for running into stores or using my phone to tap pay at the drive-thru. Small convince with a very big positive result. Wireless charging and AAwireless is the way to go.

I've had a few hiccups after I updated the settings provided by the developer (including using MTP) but I haven't driven my truck daily as much as I used to since I work remotely often.. I'm going to continue to log my issues for the next week or so then provide to the developer my findings.

And you are absolutely spot on about sharing info. Every device (car/phone/IOT) are different which results in different behavior so sharing this type of info with the developers allows them to address each unique case for fix which could help the mass majority of users.

ram!TH@rd

Reaction score
Since my last post, I have nothing to log and report to the developers.. I have NO issues with connectivity each and every time I start my truck

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Went to flash the new firmware and found power cycling in my front USB ports every ~4 seconds. Removed AAWireless and same thing over a cable to my phone. Well shoot. Looks like my media hub went out right out of warranty.

Bought one on Ebay for $55 (cheaper than deductible). Removing the center console is so quick and easy on these trucks! Now prying out the old hub took just as long. Popped the new one in and back in business. Everything working well.

Reaction score
So I updated to the most recent firmware on the OTA updates. Now it seems like the unit isn't working 100%. I've had very few issues with this unit.

When I autostart sometimes the unit will not load, so I'll go into setting manual connect it to the bluetooth and then it automatically will connect with WiFi MOST OF THE TIME.

Now it wants to keep searching for the WiFi and says "can't connect to aawireless etc.." and my phone keeps searching for the unit. This is all while I'm in my house. It also has been connecting to the module when walking back to my truck and changes my speaker from phone to truck. The USB ports are not powered without ACC so how is this even possible.

Anyone else have these issues? I never changed settings in the AAwireless app nor have I changed anything in my truck.

I'm lost.

Reaction score
They do but it takes awhile like 1 hour or something.

Really? I could gave swore that when I turned my truck off they shut off whenever the time frame is that you indicated on "engine off" options on the screen.

Either way my AAwireless is set to auto start/Stop but phone wants to keep connecting.

jimbotron

Reaction score
Problem solved, thanks for the suggestions. I went into radio settings and unchecked and deleted projection devices and changed the setting in AAWireless to MTP and its working.
This only seems to work for me for a little while, then everything stops working. It seems like my bluetooth is dropping as I lose music and sometimes Google maps stops working at the same time, then they both come back. Then after a few blips, it crashes for good and doesn't work again until I reboot phone/uconnect/remove projection devices.

Pixel 6 Pro, Android 12, December update. I've tried everything under the sun...
new cables
in aawireless app i've tried MTP and default (and everything else)
removed app from projection devices
clear cache/data from connectivity services, aawireless, android auto
aawireless newest firmware
bluetooth avrcp version 1.5 and 1.6
current test is enabling: 'Disable Bluetooth A2DP hardware offload' in developer settings, but i do not have any long term results yet.

curious if anyone else is seeing this and has solved it.

Last edited:

356super

Reaction score
Received AAwireless today. Having trouble getting it to connect to the 12". Setting on MTP. Start stop enabled. Turned off mirroring. Connects to phone bluetooth ok and phone wifi. Light gets to binking blue than jumps back to blinking green and back to blinking blue again. Connection screen just keeps buffering. Read through all of the posts. Any ideas

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I updated to the most recent firmware on the OTA updates. Now it seems like the unit isn't working 100%. I've had very few issues with this unit.
Before I ordered the AAWireless I watched a Youtube from a guy testing a bunch of dongles. The reviewer had updated a couple of the working dongles to the latest firmware and they stopped working. That experience and my own "if it aint broke"... convinced me to never update my AAWireless which has a October 21 version on it and is working perfectly.

jimbotron

Reaction score
Before I ordered the AAWireless I watched a Youtube from a guy testing a bunch of dongles. The reviewer had updated a couple of the working dongles to the latest firmware and they stopped working. That experience and my own "if it aint broke"... convinced me to never update my AAWireless which has a October 21 version on it and is working perfectly.
honestly i think you're right. i had no issues on whatever the previous version was, but once i hit 1.8.0, i believe that's when all of my issues started.

Users who are viewing this thread