5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AAWireless Review

HarlyFan

Reaction score
The Motorola unit does not have start/stop but it doesnt seem to be needed. I have had no issues since switching from AAWireless to the MA1. I have had it for about 2 weeks and a long road trip and it just seems to work!!!

ram!TH@rd

Reaction score
It's really bad. I spoke to their support and gave them an earful and they're sending me another unit. I was in one of the initial batches so I'm not sure if this will solve anything or not. Will of course keep everyone updated here once I receive it.

In the meantime I'm going to mess with the MA1, but it doesn't have start/stop as said above...so it's not an ideal solution at the moment.
yea the start/stop is a minor annoyance but only when you are near the vehicle. I miss out on text messages because they both use the same text tone. It's like the boy who cried wolf and I've gotten used to ignoring it until I get an earful from the misses :LOL:

jimbotron

Reaction score
yea the start/stop is a minor annoyance but only when you are near the vehicle. I miss out on text messages because they both use the same text tone. It's like the boy who cried wolf and I've gotten used to ignoring it until I get an earful from the misses :LOL:
I've been using the MA1 over the past few days and it's flawless. Connects within a few seconds and stays connected the entire time. I had constant random disconnects with aawireless and this thing is rock solid.

The start/stop does impact me as my driveway is very close to my house but if Google adds that as native functionality it would be perfect.

ram!TH@rd

Reaction score
I've been using the MA1 over the past few days and it's flawless. Connects within a few seconds and stays connected the entire time. I had constant random disconnects with aawireless and this thing is rock solid.

The start/stop does impact me as my driveway is very close to my house but if Google adds that as native functionality it would be perfect.

I'll def. give this a shot!

jimbotron

Reaction score
OK so I came across a reddit thread where people with uconnect are complaining that this thing is junk after firmware 2.0 or so.
One of the AAWireless employees is pushing people back to firmware 1.8 if you send him a PM. This seems to resolve the issues. I haven't tried it yet.
The thread can be found here: https://www.reddit.com/r/AAWireless/comments/uwjwxr

ram!TH@rd

Reaction score
OK so I came across a reddit thread where people with uconnect are complaining that this thing is junk after firmware 2.0 or so.
One of the AAWireless employees is pushing people back to firmware 1.8 if you send him a PM. This seems to resolve the issues. I haven't tried it yet.
The thread can be found here: https://www.reddit.com/r/AAWireless/comments/uwjwxr
It's damn good to know they have acknowledge it's an issue.. That's the most important part.. I can accept technology isn't perfect especially for things like this being new to the market.. As long as the support team/engineers/developers work on a fix then it's a good sign. Guess I'll be downgrading to 1.8

sailouterbanks

Reaction score
I was having problems after getting the new app. It would keep reconnecting to the truck after I got out. I enabled start stop and still had problems. I put a widget on my phone screen and would have to tap that to get it to connect. That was my Galaxy S10+. Just got a new S22 Ultra and it works perfectly now. USB mode: MTP with force start. Start start enabled. Passthrough disabled. Takes maybe 20 seconds to connect(phone and AAwireless). No drop outs, works perfect. I did have same issue with old phone when I picked wrong device on start stop. Maybe delete app, reinstall and pick correct device?

So mine is working most of the time. It takes a little longer to connect but then does. I have start/stop enabled so it doesn't try to stay connected when I get out of the truck. I noticed that sometimes when it doesn't connect it because my wifi on the phone is off. This is a setting on my phone that cuts off wifi if in an unknown area. if AA doesn't connect I cut wifi on and AA connects. I also but a AA Wireless screen widget on my home screen that force restarts AAwireless, occasionally I have to tap that and it connects. I'm going to cut off the turn off wifi feature to see if the helps.
This ^ has worked for me. Occasionally takes as long as 45 seconds to connect if the truck hasn't been used in a day. So..start/stop enabled and phone setting changed to keep wifi on all the time. The only issue i have now is that every so often uconnect deletes my bluetooth connection to my phone. I then have to repair my phone and repick device in start/stop in AAwireless. I have read that this is a uconnect /android auto issue not a AAwireless issue.

sailouterbanks

Reaction score
This ^ has worked for me. Occasionally takes as long as 45 seconds to connect if the truck hasn't been used in a day. So..start/stop enabled and phone setting changed to keep wifi on all the time. The only issue i have now is that every so often uconnect deletes my bluetooth connection to my phone. I then have to repair my phone and repick device in start/stop in AAwireless. I have read that this is a uconnect /android auto issue not a AAwireless issue.
Still working 100% on my Galaxy S22 Ultra

Snirpo

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Chiel from AAWireless here. I found this topic by accident while Googling around for MA1 problems regarding Uconnect.

We are trying to fix these issues properly atm. Firmware 1.8 worked differently logic wise, that's why 1.8 works and 2.x does not. We can of course revert back to the 1.8 logic, but how 2.x works is actually more like the MA1 works. So it's confusing...

@jimbotron 's info is actually quite good. The MA1 does not seem to have these "not starting up after x times" issues, which is surprising.
I was wondering if @jimbotron or @ram!TH@rd can possibly check if the same "no start" issue happens on firmware 1.8 with "passthrough" enabled. I'd expect the same thing to happen as on firmware 2.x. if not, we've found the culprit.

ram!TH@rd

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Chiel from AAWireless here. I found this topic by accident while Googling around for MA1 problems regarding Uconnect.

We are trying to fix these issues properly atm. Firmware 1.8 worked differently logic wise, that's why 1.8 works and 2.x does not. We can of course revert back to the 1.8 logic, but how 2.x works is actually more like the MA1 works. So it's confusing...

@jimbotron 's info is actually quite good. The MA1 does not seem to have these "not starting up after x times" issues, which is surprising.
I was wondering if @jimbotron or @ram!TH@rd can possibly check if the same "no start" issue happens on firmware 1.8 with "passthrough" enabled. I'd expect the same thing to happen as on firmware 2.x. if not, we've found the culprit.
Hello Snirpo.. I'm sure all of us really appreciate you taking this issue to the forefront. I'm out of town and will be back Monday. I will enable "passthrough" on Monday.. Do you need any logs? <-- I haven't played with how to enable logging so if you have a "how to" link, please share

jimbotron

Reaction score
I'm willing to help as well and will be able to starting Monday. Apologies, away for the weekend right now.

SickSix

Reaction score
Happy to help as well. Just need the 1.8 rollback enabled for AAWireless-aTaNRlUX (also posted on the XDA thread). Thanks.

jimbotron

Reaction score

Thanks very much for taking this seriously and helping us all out. This is great that you guys are this involved.

Right now I am using 1.8 on device AndroidAuto-AAWiknizR0o 7E:4F:48:C8:D8:13 with far fewer (but not eradicated) "no start" issues. I am not using passthrough. To confirm, you'd like me to enable passthrough and see if this thing starts failing to connect on vehicle start again? I also have not had to forget the device in the UConnect screen in quite some time on 1.8.

I also have another device (AAWireless-282Cm5iE B6:9A:9B:90:02:74) stuck on 1.12.0 if you want me to test anything side by side - you can apply different firmwares to that one and I can see how each performs. Let me know.

ram!TH@rd

Reaction score
Enabled passthrough on 1.8 on Saturday (wifey drove the truck and set it for me). So far, no eradicate behavior starting AA when truck starts

jimbotron

Reaction score
Enabled passthrough on 1.8 on Saturday (wifey drove the truck and set it for me). So far, no eradicate behavior starting AA when truck starts
Same here. I am now using passthrough on my 1.8 device. No issues yet (30ish mins driving) - will continually update here.

Snirpo

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread