5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A new Tazer DT group buy

tom318

Reaction score
Got mine today and set it up! Love this thing. Some how I overlooked that I can fully disable traction in 2wd!!! That’s was my biggest complaint on this truck so far. Set it is a hot button! Is there anywhere to put in suggestions on future updates? Maybe increase the minimum speed for locked diff? I miss my old fun days in the snow drifting around and would love to get them back in 2wd with locked diff. I don’t need to go fast but the wheel speed quickly gets over 20 in the snow sliding around.

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
having some issues / questions
married to the truck the unit will not display my cameras front rear etc

also wouldnt auto fold mirrors and couldnt get the opening closing windows with keyfob going... also when it is not married i can get cameras to work when i signal and they auto fold but thats about it

Idaho970

Reaction score
Got mine today and set it up! Love this thing. Some how I overlooked that I can fully disable traction in 2wd!!! That’s was my biggest complaint on this truck so far. Set it is a hot button! Is there anywhere to put in suggestions on future updates? Maybe increase the minimum speed for locked diff? I miss my old fun days in the snow drifting around and would love to get them back in 2wd with locked diff. I don’t need to go fast but the wheel speed quickly gets over 20 in the snow sliding around.
I would send them an email! They come out with updates pretty regularly, and i'm sure they can look into your suggestions.
having some issues / questions
married to the truck the unit will not display my cameras front rear etc

also wouldnt auto fold mirrors and couldnt get the opening closing windows with keyfob going... also when it is not married i can get cameras to work when i signal and they auto fold but thats about it
did you try doing a full reboot and/or a couple of power cycles (turning off truck, close doors, walk away for a few minutes, open door, close door, walk away again; try that a couple times plus a full re-boot or two; this is needed for some changes to take effect). When all else fails, email them, their customer service is top notch!

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone get the Seatbelt chime to stop going off even though you turned it off in the settings? Just won't seem to stick for me.

tom318

Reaction score
Anyone get the Seatbelt chime to stop going off even though you turned it off in the settings? Just won't seem to stick for me.
Same here but ill be trying again tonight. It may need another reboot or few sleep cycles. Mine seems to stay off unless I go over 10-12mph. Honestly not sure if that's how it was to begin with. I also took the tazer out for now. I noticed the info display in the gauge cluster would not shut off and the start/stop button would turn on and off. After several hours of the truck sitting outside, I came out to find the screen still on.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same here but ill be trying again tonight. It may need another reboot or few sleep cycles. Mine seems to stay off unless I go over 10-12mph. Honestly not sure if that's how it was to begin with. I also took the tazer out for now. I noticed the info display in the gauge cluster would not shut off and the start/stop button would turn on and off. After several hours of the truck sitting outside, I came out to find the screen still on.

Make sure you have the Beta Firmware that is out as that one supports the '21.

tom318

Reaction score
Make sure you have the Beta Firmware that is out as that one supports the '21.
Updated to the beta 18.0.6. And it seems better. Display now shuts off as it should. How ever I still can’t get the seatbelt ding to stay off. No big deal. I’ll kid a few more attempts and keep my eyes on the forum to see if anyone gets to the bottom of the issue. Other than that this is great.

parana6

Reaction score
Ordered my new tazer today. Waiting for shipping tracking. Thanks Idaho970 for the code.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I emailed them and they are working on fixing it. It seems to only effect 2021 trucks.

I emailed them as well and got this response.

The engineer just told me that it's an issue he's come across in 2021s. On paper/in the computer, it doesn't look like they changed the code for the seat belt ding, but for some reason it just won't turn off. He actually thinks it's a mistake on their end. He's looking into getting that working soon though.

Thanks,
Ian S
Z Automotive

NYKBOB

Reaction score
Got mine! Installed, and now the fun begins learning all the stuff this thing can do. So far played just a little with light shows. Couldn't get the mirrors to auto-fold yet. Tried to remotely open windows and only the front passenger side would open using the FOB. Oh well, keep learning.

U

User_63152

Got mine and installed it today. No problems so far. Didn't check the seatbelt chime, yet.

I did manage to scare the neighbor's dog messing with the light shows, though. LOL!

Will really play around with it tomorrow.

*Update*

The seatbelt chime disable doesn't work on mine, either. :cry:

Attachments

• TDT a.jpg
    TDT a.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 24
  • TDT c.jpg
    TDT c.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 24
Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread