5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A new Tazer DT group buy

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i couldnt get much to work on the truck married ... with out issues like my cameras not working and seat belt ding snd windows going up and down, they said i may have went and messed with settings but i dont see how this can be worth 300 150 at max p

tom318

Reaction score
i couldnt get much to work on the truck married ... with out issues like my cameras not working and seat belt ding snd windows going up and down, they said i may have went and messed with settings but i dont see how this can be worth 300 150 at max p
Did you update the tazer to the latest beta software? its required for 21 trucks. The seatbelt ding disable is an issue they are working on.

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you update the tazer to the latest beta software? its required for 21 trucks. The seatbelt ding disable is an issue they are working on.
i did it twice when i first got it and yesterday still same issue

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah I sent mine back this week. Some of the features (that I could get to work) are cool, but not $300 cool IMO.
yeap i really wanted the auto fold and camera on at any speed but i can live with out it. can spend the 300 on more skid plates haha

paulmarsh22

Reaction score
yeap i really wanted the auto fold and camera on at any speed but i can live with out it. can spend the 300 on more skid plates haha
So I had something weird happen. I haven't had time to marry mine and play with it but I at least plugged it in so that when I finally did have the time I'd be good to go. Checked the firmware and all of that before plugging in and its on the latest and "greatest". Well, I noticed some features work just by it being plugged in, such as the surround view cameras at any speed. Doesn't matter how fast I'm going, I can click on any of the cameras and they'll stay on. This is on a 2021 Limited.

However, on the flip side, I woke up this morning to both of my front windows rolled down and my truck was soaked because it poured hard last night. I didn't use my truck at all yesterday and I know for a fact the windows were rolled up because I took a picture of my truck in the afternoon to send to a friend. I also never use the keyfob to lock/unlock as I use the door handle for that. Anyways, I get it all dried up this morning the best I can and then try the window function from the keyfob and it doesn't work. So I'm not sure what triggered it but beware that this thing seems to have a mind of its own and I will not be plugging it back in until they iron out the bugs for the '21s. I park my truck at airports for extended times since I travel a lot for work and I don't need this happening again.

tom318

Reaction score
So I had something weird happen. I haven't had time to marry mine and play with it but I at least plugged it in so that when I finally did have the time I'd be good to go. Checked the firmware and all of that before plugging in and its on the latest and "greatest". Well, I noticed some features work just by it being plugged in, such as the surround view cameras at any speed. Doesn't matter how fast I'm going, I can click on any of the cameras and they'll stay on. This is on a 2021 Limited.

However, on the flip side, I woke up this morning to both of my front windows rolled down and my truck was soaked because it poured hard last night. I didn't use my truck at all yesterday and I know for a fact the windows were rolled up because I took a picture of my truck in the afternoon to send to a friend. I also never use the keyfob to lock/unlock as I use the door handle for that. Anyways, I get it all dried up this morning the best I can and then try the window function from the keyfob and it doesn't work. So I'm not sure what triggered it but beware that this thing seems to have a mind of its own and I will not be plugging it back in until they iron out the bugs for the '21s. I park my truck at airports for extended times since I travel a lot for work and I don't need this happening again.
That sounds awful , id be pissed. Mines been reliable so far but may unplug it based on your experience and check for updates once they get the seat belt chime sorted out.

U

User_63152

That sounds awful , id be pissed. Mines been reliable so far but may unplug it based on your experience and check for updates once they get the seat belt chime sorted out.
Mine has been pretty good, too. I am not quite convinced that it was worth the money, even with the group discount. But, hey, what do I know?

Features I like, and use, are the:

Auto folding mirrors on ignition, windows up/down with keyfob, back up cam with turn signal, 0-60 timer, tc off memory and I guess the light shows.

I haven't used line lock yet, but I am going to try it out soon.

The one feature this needs, most of all, would be the ability to turn off MDS w/ memory! I have no idea if it's possible, but, it would be cool. That would make it worth it, I think.

tom318

Reaction score
It’s definitely a pricey little toy but I’ve been happy with it so far. Reasons in liked it so far.
1. traction control fully off in 2wd
2. Line lock....won’t help with tire life but I love it. Neighbors probably hate me
3. Light setup. Disable fog light dropout
4. Ability to change tire size and not depend on or pay anyone else.
5. Light shows, my kids like them.
6. Winch mode. I tend to jump start a lot of cars. This will be a nice little feature. Some cars require me to raise rpm to help start.
Removing seat belt chime will add to the list once they get it going.
That’s about all I used it for so far.

To be able to fully turn my traction control off is well worth the money. I can’t describe how much I hate all these new traction control systems in all the modern cars. I get they are safe....but why make a button to turn it off...if it doesn’t turn it off!!!

BooShaker

Reaction score
I got mine installed and married and everything and have been playing around with it. Like most people I like the auto fold mirrors. A couple of weird things have happened though. When I roll the windows down with the fob...a feature I loved with an older maxima I had...the radio comes on until I open the door. I turned the camera on with turn signal on just to see what that does and it causes my radio to jump around while listening to SiriusXM. Anybody else experience those type of things?

U

User_63152

I got mine installed and married and everything and have been playing around with it. Like most people I like the auto fold mirrors. A couple of weird things have happened though. When I roll the windows down with the fob...a feature I loved with an older maxima I had...the radio comes on until I open the door. I turned the camera on with turn signal on just to see what that does and it causes my radio to jump around while listening to SiriusXM. Anybody else experience those type of things?
Mine does that, too, with the windows. Lol. As far as SiriusXM jumping around with the turn signal/camera, I don't think mine has done that. But, I don't really use SiriusXM.

F8Green

Reaction score
The seat belt ding OFF issue is a problem on the 2020s, too. I've been exchanging emails and texts with Z Automotive for over 6 months on it. Not once did they say it was a known issue they were working on. They even sent me a replacement unit which, of course, has the same issue.

dearchristopher

Reaction score

i noticed that anytime the turncam, backup camera override (double tap mute button), or any other tazer-initiated function happens that my radio will decrease volume. if i had it on while on the phone, it would turn my phone call down. got so annoying that i disabled most of the features.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wfrank005

Reaction score
i noticed that anytime the turncam, backup camera override (double tap mute button), or any other tazer-initiated function happens that my radio will decrease volume. if i had it on while on the phone, it would turn my phone call down. got so annoying that i disabled most of the features.

Had the same exact issues before I ended up returning it last week.

U

User_63152

I haven't noticed the volume decrease. I will go out later and check for it and make sure.

Dansjeep2000

Reaction score
Is there a current promo code available? I still want to try this thing. Figure they will fix the problems eventually.

Biz Jet Tech

Reaction score
Just bought a Tazer DT in this group buy - I tried it, but just dont see any benefit for a 100% stock truck and I dont need the "light shows"
So I will be selling it if anyone is interested......will post it in the "for sale" section soon (selling for less $$ than a new one)

Users who are viewing this thread