5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.4" to 12.1" screen replacement

g00fy

Reaction score
Yesss yesss! Thank you sooo much!!
Next project is adding the front and cargo cams... any guidance on those?
If you want to do one or the other, it's not too bad, and not too expensive. If you want to do both, then you might as well go for the full surround view system while you're at it because you're only gonna be 2 mirror cameras away from having the surround view system by the time you're done.

It's funny, I wanted the same thing in the beginning, front cam and cargo cam. But i ultimately ended up with a full surround view system after I did my research.

Cesar592

Reaction score
Installed the the PR39.7.0 update... no backup camera YET.. gonna give it a nights rest see what it does.. im debating if i should do a ln ECU(radio) Reset....
BUT... I am HAPPY report the Perfomance pages! MAN THEY ARE SWEET!!!(very similar to my wife's 17 Daytona) but i REALLLLY hope the back up cam works later on! Attached are pics of the performance pages!
the pages work

Heavyhauler85

Reaction score
the pages work
Ten four! (Yes) some things dont work like "drive modes" cant change my steering seeting to sport or comfort.
I have not tried the LAUNCH CONTROL as i do not race or have a need for speed (anymore jijijiji).... but the TOURQUE, ENGINE HP, the GRAPHS, the timers they all work.. its actually a pretty cool screen to have on display instead of the NAV or SIRIUS radio being on all tge time...

TravisH

Reaction score
Installed the the PR39.7.0 update... no backup camera YET.. gonna give it a nights rest see what it does.. im debating if i should do a ln ECU(radio) Reset....
BUT... I am HAPPY report the Perfomance pages! MAN THEY ARE SWEET!!!(very similar to my wife's 17 Daytona) but i REALLLLY hope the back up cam works later on! Attached are pics of the performance pages!

I installed the PR39 update and don’t see performance pages. I noticed in one of your screenshots it says it’s installing the .jar file. Can you tell me more? Is it a separate file to install from a usb drive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You need to enable them with AlfaOBD
Below gives you the off road pages and performance pages.

VehConfig 1-Performance Pages Present = YES
VehConfig 2-Off-road Capable =YES
VehConfig 5-Off-Road Pages Present =YES

TravisH

Reaction score

Awesome thanks! Going to try now.

Heavyhauler85

Reaction score
All i did was install the PR update.... in the files there is a "MAC OSX" file... i did not include that one in there because i tried 4 times to do the PR update with both files on the USB.. when I re-downloaded the PR update for the 5th time.. I only extracted the PR39 and moved the file to the USB..... not the MAC OSX file... I inserted the USB into the RAM's port/media hub and it worked... AFTER it's 20-30min install, I noticed at the bottom some small script displaying several things "INSTALLING THIS.THIS ETC ETC...." THEN I saw "INSTALLING. PERFOMANCE PAGES... 😐😐😒😏😏🙄😁😁😁.. and NOW I have performance pages!

Nieto91

Reaction score

Don’t you have to set SRT yes? I did on mine and it work right up

TravisH

Reaction score
Probably need to wait for it to show, mine took about one hour.

Got it! I use Tazer and do a reboot to get my changes to appear right away. Works with everything I’ve upgraded/changed.

Thanks again!

4422202314a321c86c376d85b74e8ab5.jpg

ab78087db5875e08382139e0df96afe7.jpg

e7cda9997179b16abc00f263a0a23172.jpg

Nieto91

Reaction score
Don't know if this is necessary, but I set mine to
VehConfig 1-Special Package
DT TRX/Laramie Limited
I set mine like that and didn’t work I saw some one set SRT yes and I did it and mine went on after 10 mins of waiting

Ep3523

Reaction score
Hello,
I completed the switch and used the OBDlink/OBD Jscan to make the changes. First start-up the screen was black/blank but the backup camera worked along with the AC buttons and the radio. I disconnected the battery. Second start-up I took the truck to dinner and the screen worked. Everything worked besides the camera and the AC only blew hot. The camera wasn't available to select.

After dinner it reverted back to the initial startup. The screen was black/blank again but the radio, AC and camera worked. I've restated the truck several times but no change.

I would really appreciate any assistance! Thank you in advance!!

Heavyhauler85

Reaction score

I REMEMBER NOW!!! I works of trying to get the camera to turn on.. i turned on every possible thing that said CAM to YES and even did the SPECIAL PACKAGE just to see if the camera worked.. hoping that the camera would work.. SO PERFORMANCE PAGES will NOT work on the previous Versions.. ONLY PR39...

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I REMEMBER NOW!!! I works of trying to get the camera to turn on.. i turned on every possible thing that said CAM to YES and even did the SPECIAL PACKAGE just to see if the camera worked.. hoping that the camera would work.. SO PERFORMANCE PAGES will NOT work on the previous Versions.. ONLY PR39...
Don't know of the previous version, I bought the map update from HERE which came with the PR39 update. All works.

Heavyhauler85

Reaction score
I set mine like that and didn’t work I saw some one set SRT yes and I did it and mine went on after 10 mins of waiting
If you set it to SRT does the Logo/splash screen on the cluster or radio chamge to SRT?? CAUSE i changed mine to LARAMIE... mine is a LARAMIE and it would not appear on the cluster..but after switching LARAMIE= YES... MY cluster says ****LARAMIE****

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you set it to SRT does the Logo/splash screen on the cluster or radio chamge to SRT?? CAUSE i changed mine to LARAMIE... mine is a LARAMIE and it would not appear on the cluster..but after switching LARAMIE= YES... MY cluster says ****LARAMIE****
Where is this setting?

eyerocks

Reaction score
I have found a few updates for the software on the UAX 12.1. On my 2019 retrofit I was at NR28.1 and when I tired to directly update to PR39.7 it failed and rolled back. I ended up going to LR34.2 and then PR39.7. You need a FAT32 USB to do the updates. Not sure if it will work on all UAX 12.1 but I have tried 2 with success. VP4R_Update should be in the root of the USB drive. The updates took about 20 mins to complete.

KR20.16
NR28.1
LR34.2
PR39.7
Hi, is there any more updates like navigation, etc. thanks.. also thanks for the update went smoothly just have two off-road pages. One works other doesn’t any idea how to remove non working one? Thanks

Heavyhauler85

Reaction score
Good Morning RAMMERS!
So yesterday I went to the dealer to go help negociate/study numbers.. MAN THESE guys are using crazy tactics! I feel bad for people who go in there without guidance as my friend...

N e ways.. I went to go look at the new RAM GTs.. Us/we who did the upgrade and got the performance pages BASICALLY have a GT now LOL!!! all we are missing is that nice sports steering wheel and FLoor Shifter(pretty cool actually) ...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220130-090042_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220130-090042_Chrome.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 113

Users who are viewing this thread