5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.4" to 12.1" screen replacement

spaniel43

Reaction score
Hello again,
Is it possible to upgrade 8,4 no nav unit to nav unit? Anyone know how?
thank you,
It certainly is possible, I've done it. There are several threads here that address the project

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

spaniel43

Reaction score
Where did you get your parts from?
Found a decent deal on eBay for 12" unit that has never been installed in a vehicle. Bought 2 different cables from guys in this forum. Amazon for the programming equipment to update the trucks system to accept the non nav to 12" nav upgrade.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have a question I’ve done the swap. My question is do you need the original radio to program fob keys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Have a question I’ve done the swap. My question is do you need the original radio to program fob keys

No, the radio has nothing to do with programming fobs.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ok awesome. So they lied to me. Well still working in the little/big problem I have from last post

Who’s that? The dealer? I can’t believe they would feed a customer a line of crap...

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Who’s that? The dealer? I can’t believe they would feed a customer a line of crap...

Yeah total bs. The passive entry thread where I was having issues I just ran down the problem you were right about it being in either the white or blue plug on the body side the brown wire wasn’t seated in the harness

WheelerNation

Reaction score
Yeah total bs. The passive entry thread where I was having issues I just ran down the problem you were right about it being in either the white or blue plug on the body side the brown wire wasn’t seated in the harness

We're the problems with your fobs that they no longer locked and unlocked by chance? I did the passive entry upgrade and afterwards my fobs no longer functioned. I could still drive my truck but the fobs won't remote start, lock or unlock. Haven't been able to figure out the issue.

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We're the problems with your fobs that they no longer locked and unlocked by chance? I did the passive entry upgrade and afterwards my fobs no longer functioned. I could still drive my truck but the fobs won't remote start, lock or unlock. Haven't been able to figure out the issue.

Correct that was my issue

eurofix

Reaction score
hi,thank you verry much for all indirect help.have swap 8.4 for 12 inch with the help of this forum on my ram 2500 2019.change radio unit screen and configuration with alfaobd . job done the differences with 1500 dt is the hazard light already wired in both plugs and the camera and heated seats make 1 night to coming back on my screen.thanks again specialy post 309 and 319.

Users who are viewing this thread