5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.4" to 12.1" screen replacement

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
WOW check this out guys!
This guy is converting 8.4" to 12" by programming the existing head unit :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
after the programming, you just need to plug the new screen(SAME HEAD UNIT :oops: ) and update the system again...
They sell the whole kit (With the screen and programmer) for 399 Euros. I'll try to get it and give an update...

Last edited:

Bflo_J

Reaction score
WOW check this out guys!
This guy is converting 8.4" to 12" by programming the existing head unit :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
after the programming, you just need to plug the new screen(SAME HEAD UNIT :oops: ) and update the system again...
They sell the whole kit (With the screen and programmer) for 399 Euros. I'll try to get it and give an update...

Seen that video a few times, always alil suspect of overseas sellers. Was gonna pull the trigger on it but don’t wanna be the test Rat Lol. All I need to do is source 68317978AH or similar module which is becoming a monumental task. Wish LKQ sold them from the same donor vehicles that the 12” displays are coming from. My initial order through a mopar parts seller was cancelled due to purchase restrictions, stated my local dealership would have to put in a s.t.a.r request. This sucks cause it’s the last piece I need.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Seen that video a few times, always alil suspect of overseas sellers. Was gonna pull the trigger on it but don’t wanna be the test Rat Lol. All I need to do is source 68317978AH or similar module which is becoming a monumental task. Wish LKQ sold them from the same donor vehicles that the 12” displays are coming from. My initial order through a mopar parts seller was cancelled due to purchase restrictions, stated my local dealership would have to put in a s.t.a.r request. This sucks cause it’s the last piece I need.
Customtronix has been around for a while doing stuff for the 4th gens, and I would definitely trust their programming. But...$450 for the kit, when you can find the correct module for cheaper than that if you’re patient, takes away your ability to recoup the cost of the upgrade by not having an 8.4 nav radio module to sell off as a complete kit. You basically have to check car-part and LKQ hourly and stay on top of it. I’d imagine infotainment pays someone to just search junkyards all day and swoop in to buy up all this stuff.

Bflo_J

Reaction score
Customtronix has been around for a while doing stuff for the 4th gens, and I would definitely trust their programming. But...$450 for the kit, when you can find the correct module for cheaper than that if you’re patient, takes away your ability to recoup the cost of the upgrade by not having an 8.4 nav radio module to sell off as a complete kit. You basically have to check car-part and LKQ hourly and stay on top of it. I’d imagine infotainment pays someone to just search junkyards all day and swoop in to buy up all this stuff.
Missed a killer deal for 12”Display and module on FB marketplace by 10 mins yesterday, definitely now understanding the diligence this is gonna take (lol).

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
They just replied to my email saying that:
"Hi!

Our upgrade system is only for export vehicles outside USA! It’s not suitable for your car:(

Skickat från min iPhone"

You mean you can find a complete swap for $450??
Their $450 option comes complete with screen, bezel and all the programming tools needed for this project.

Last edited:

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Missed a killer deal for 12”Display and module on FB marketplace by 10 mins yesterday, definitely now understanding the diligence this is gonna take (lol).
Oh man.. that sucks! How much was it?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
They just replied to my email saying that:
"Hi!

Our upgrade system is only for export vehicles outside USA! It’s not suitable for your car:(

Skickat från min iPhone"

You mean you can find a complete swap for $450??
Their $450 option comes complete with screen, bezel and all the programming devices needed for this project.
I guess I’ll need to see a link for them explaining that the screen and bezel is included. The only thing I’m seeing is 399 euros for the conversion license and token.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I’ll need to see a link for them explaining that the screen and bezel is included. The only thing I’m seeing is 399 euros for the conversion license and token.
"This kit includes:

OBD-dongle to reprogram your BCM.
12-inch monitor with dash.
Jumper wire to move the hazard switch sense.
All necessary software.**"

"
This is the ultimate kit you need for upgrading your current 8.4-inch uconnect monitor to 12-inch in your RAM 2019/2020! The dash and monitor included in this kit are OEM parts from Mopar, which will make your vehicle look like it was delivered with a 12-inch monitor from factory. All plug-&-play, as usual! If your vehicle is already running our software/conversion, then you don’t need to send us anything. You can do everything yourself in the car!"

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
"This kit includes:

OBD-dongle to reprogram your BCM.
12-inch monitor with dash.
Jumper wire to move the hazard switch sense.
All necessary software.**"

"
This is the ultimate kit you need for upgrading your current 8.4-inch uconnect monitor to 12-inch in your RAM 2019/2020! The dash and monitor included in this kit are OEM parts from Mopar, which will make your vehicle look like it was delivered with a 12-inch monitor from factory. All plug-&-play, as usual! If your vehicle is already running our software/conversion, then you don’t need to send us anything. You can do everything yourself in the car!"

Ahh, now I gotcha. It’s only available for purchase to import upfitter dealers, so unobtainium to anybody else.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Ahh, now I gotcha. It’s only available for purchase to import upfitter dealers, so unobtainium to anybody else.
Yeah... That's a bummer...
IDK how they can sell it for this price... MAN! Swedish people are different lol... look at Infotainment dot com... The next 5th gen uconnect swap will probably be $12,000

Bflo_J

Reaction score
My question would be what kind of software update are they doing that the brain module didn’t need to be swapped out. Need a US coder to figure that one out

Bram2019

Reaction score
My question would be what kind of software update are they doing that the brain module didn’t need to be swapped out. Need a US coder to figure that one out
That is an excellent question. They are just entering the radio module and changing the screen configuration and some internal software to allow the split screen. I think everthing that is in the 8.4 Nav is the same that is in the 12 inch. Someone must have figured out a hack via a token key to get into the software via usb to allow this. If that company got their hands on it, it would be nice to find out who did it. If you could pay say $100.00 for the software, it would be worth it for sure.

dougstheman86

Reaction score
Hey all, so I sold my 8.4” and having issues getting the security code to unlock the radio for the guy that bought it from me...anyone know how I could go about getting it? I already tried ivgsoft.com and apparently they don’t support this radio...plz help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all, so I sold my 8.4” and having issues getting the security code to unlock the radio for the guy that bought it from me...anyone know how I could go about getting it? I already tried ivgsoft.com and apparently they don’t support this radio...plz help

You need to call the dealer with your VIN and he will provide you with the pin code

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

dougstheman86

Reaction score
You need to call the dealer with your VIN and he will provide you with the pin code

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Yeah I just got it finally, the dealership didn’t even black out their login info so I think I can get any code I need now. Have the dealership code and everything.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I just got it finally, the dealership didn’t even black out their login info so I think I can get any code I need now. Have the dealership code and everything.

What??? What do you mean?

Zilla

Reaction score
Hello...I’m thinking about buying a used 12 screen for my Big Horn to do the swap. Can you tell me what parts I will need to make it happen? Any links to the proper parts would be greatly appreciated.

Zilla

Reaction score
Dont need body harness. cables for each camera to CVPM are sold separately.
My list of needed parts for 360 -- maybe missing a few things
I have not done anything yet.
Is this the parts list? If so it won’t open. File broken or corrupt.

Bflo_J

Reaction score
Anyone end up with a non matching bezel when they did their swap? The one I have is from a Rebel w/red accent and is in excellent condition would swap for one that matches my interior trim

Attachments

• D33DCE5B-5353-4A7E-B8BA-78787E8BE638.jpeg
    D33DCE5B-5353-4A7E-B8BA-78787E8BE638.jpeg
    170 KB · Views: 165
  • 886358CF-9B96-4EE5-8795-71DADDA5BEB4.jpeg
    886358CF-9B96-4EE5-8795-71DADDA5BEB4.jpeg
    116.1 KB · Views: 165

Users who are viewing this thread