5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.4" to 12.1" screen replacement

Cruzman05thgen

Reaction score
All I did was look up the part number that was on this forum and that’s what it pulled up. I didn’t know there was 22 variations. Sorry for the misinformation.... just posting what i have gone through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My2014RAM

Reaction score
would be nice to have all the work and parts list finalized in one page so we can easily follow. Thanx

Cruzman05thgen

Reaction score
cdb5a6b400b011dbdba4b09443429ff4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bram2019

Reaction score
Where do I get the new radio module?
You will have an easier time finding module number 68317978ai or maybe 68317978ah on ebay or junk yard. This fits 12 inch in 2019 and 2020. You may get a dealer to sell it to you online if he has 1 in stock. Post a message in the buy sell forum that you are looking for the setup. There may be more module numbers that do work.

jlanc20

Reaction score
The easiest thing you can do to make absolute certain your getting the style bezel you want, is to search autotrader nationwide for a Ram that has the 12” screen and same bezel you’re looking for. Get the VIN of the listed truck, and call any dealership parts department (doesn’t have to be your local dealer) and ask them what the part number of the “instrument panel bezel” is that truck uses.
Okay never thought of that ill try it!! Thanks!

jlanc20

Reaction score
Okay i think i finally found a truck that has the bezel i need that matches my colors in my truck, im gonna call with the vin to get a part number, my only question is will this bezel be okay on mine if mine has a center consol? The truck i found does not it has bench seats, the bezel looks to be the same and on the blown up images they look the same i just wanted to make sure

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Okay i think i finally found a truck that has the bezel i need that matches my colors in my truck, im gonna call with the vin to get a part number, my only question is will this bezel be okay on mine if mine has a center consol? The truck i found does not it has bench seats, the bezel looks to be the same and on the blown up images they look the same i just wanted to make sure
Yes. This part is the same on both CC and Bench.

jlanc20

Reaction score
For everyone that has done the swap will these still do updates when updates are available? I wasnt sure if they were done through satelite or what

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For everyone that has done the swap will these still do updates when updates are available? I wasnt sure if they were done through satelite or what
The only way you would get update is through the dealer and I'm sure they would charge since it didn't come in the truck from factory, no ota since your vin# doesn't show as have the 12" radio. Best case is if you were able to get copy of update on flash drive and install yourself.

jlanc20

Reaction score
And of course, NO WARRANTY!
Yeah i figured that lol hopefully all the bugs are worked out all i need right now is a module but was wondering if i bought one which update was on it or what version was on it

jlanc20

Reaction score
And of course, NO WARRANTY!
I know they wouldnt warranty the radio and what not but that shouldnt effect the warranty on the rest of the truck right? Im supposed to be going in to get the tsb on the rear brakes done when they open back up

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah i figured that lol hopefully all the bugs are worked out all i need right now is a module but was wondering if i bought one which update was on it or what version was on it
Update is not a problem imo... You can get the update from DriveUconnect.com if you have the VIN of the vehicle you got the module from...

I know they wouldnt warranty the radio and what not but that shouldnt effect the warranty on the rest of the truck right? Im supposed to be going in to get the tbs on the rear brakes done when they open back up
Correct, They can't just take away your wrnty because you changed the radio lol.. they will void the wrnty on anything you've replaced. Radio has nothing to do with brakes so you're good.

jlanc20

Reaction score
Update is not a problem imo... You can get the update from DriveUconnect.com if you have the VIN of the vehicle you got the module from...

Correct, They can't just take away your wrnty because you changed the radio lol.. they will void the wrnty on anything you've replaced. Radio has nothing to do with brakes so you're good.
Okay awesome! Now im just keeping my eye out for a module at a decent price lol im tryin to have patience tryin to get everything

Users who are viewing this thread