5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

kyle1766

Reaction score
I was looking into switching my stock intake manifold on a 2019 ram 1500 to a 6.4 as recommended from several people to gain hp/tq & 1/4 time. My question about it is, is there a 6.4 intake manifold that will bolt to a 2019 5.7 that has a "top" flow air intake rather the the angled 6.4 intakes I usually find while looking them up? I really like the idea of the vararam or mopar CAI and would like to have the high mounted air box without modification of air intake piping. Is there anything that would work?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Not sure if that would just bolt up. As far as gains, I doubt you’ll see anything life changing, as the stock 5.7 won’t actually be requesting more air than it is now. CAI and varram also won’t give any worthy power gains on a stock hemi.

If you have ported/polished heads, headers, cam, and a tune then the stock stuff could be a restriction and you would benefit.

Who recommended it?

kyle1766

Reaction score
Not sure if that would just bolt up. As far as gains, I doubt you’ll see anything life changing, as the stock 5.7 won’t actually be requesting more air than it is now. CAI and varram also won’t give any worthy power gains on a stock hemi.

If you have ported/polished heads, headers, cam, and a tune then the stock stuff could be a restriction and you would benefit.

Who recommended it?
I havent put my hands on one to say ive done it but supposedly they bolt right on (have to get an egr plate and extend wires). People in other forums and on YouTube claim you gain around 30hp & tq if you swap the intake manifold to a 6.4 with 6.4 injectors. My plans for the truck right now are long tubes to 3" all the way back, cai, intake manifold, and tune. I just didn't know if there was any 6.4 intake manifolds that had top flow so I could still put a mopar or vararam cai on

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If you change the air volume and fuel, you will need a tune. Likely the real gains come from the tune.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online