5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th Gen Stock Stereo Upgrade Options?

Jawzz

Reaction score
I can upload under the seat pics later. I have no rattle or anything. The guy did a beyond excellent job. Everything still running off the factory radio
Wow looks great! Can you please give me more information about your setup? Speaker model number/Amplifier/etc... Thanks in advance man!

I am currently doing my system and after reading all these posts, I am so confused! I am thinking of going with this box pictured below 2 12" SKAR VD-12 subs hooked to a Taramps 3000w amp. I love bass in the lower frequencies around the 20-30hz range where you can't really hear it as much as but rather feel it destroying your body :LOL:

Attachments

• qbdodge10-2019-2.jpg
    qbdodge10-2019-2.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 75
  • qbdodge10-2019.jpg
    qbdodge10-2019.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 72

Rs99tx

Reaction score
So after reviewing several posts, I decided to give the Kicker Hideaway HS10 a try. I am not looking at monster dbs just looking for a full sound with the non-alpine 8.5 setups in the 2020 bighorns. I took a chance with the PAC ANC-CH01 (for the 2019 5gens). This is also where I will tap-in for my amp input signal. After removing the driver's side back sear and clicking the back firewall looks to be a good spot. The wiring harness that is included with the Kicker Hideaway is long enough to reach the ANC module and the battery, so no other wiring kits are needed. This took no more than 4 hours, could be much faster but was very cautious not to break the plastic trim and clips. Overall I am pleased with the sound, will need to do some tuning to get it dialed in. I'm most concerned with bypassing the ANC as the truck was very quite. I will update in a few days.

Attachments

• 20200516_175126.jpg
    20200516_175126.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 303
  • 20200516_175130.jpg
    20200516_175130.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 315
  • 20200516_184739.jpg
    20200516_184739.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 319
  • 20200516_194028.jpg
    20200516_194028.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 312

Nibis

Reaction score
Need some help, I'm adding a sub and just want to tap into the wires going to my factory sub for the signal going to the aftermarket amp. I did it that way with my Jeep and it worked fine for me, but it was a single voice coil, so it was pretty easy.

Jeades21

Reaction score
Need some help, I'm adding a sub and just want to tap into the wires going to my factory sub for the signal going to the aftermarket amp. I did it that way with my Jeep and it worked fine for me, but it was a single voice coil, so it was pretty easy.
do a search on here plenty of threads on this good luck

Nibis

Reaction score
do a search on here plenty of threads on this good luck
I have searched, found a wiring diagram, tapped into what I thought were the right wires, got nothing. So I orderd the Amp Pro

Vhidatski

Reaction score
I have no idea what my color wires are yet, I managed to pull back the trim on the b-pillar and seen it will be real easy to tap into the rear speaker wires, I did see a green/gray colored wire but didn't have the diagram handy to double check.
I'm used to the older vehicles were the wires run direct to the speakers, my 2020 has a pinned connector that connects to the rubber boot that leads to the door.
I may just use your chart since it matches the diagram on page 2 and if I notice any issues I'll just swap wires around.

Where did you find the color code chart from?

Not sure if you've figured this out but I just completed mine....

I tapped into the b-pillar, removed the tape wrap (saved for later use) and it the only twisted speaker pair from both passenger/driver side.
They're twisted so it's hard to miss, gray on driver side and green on passenger, ran them both to lc2i mounted under driver seat.
Went this route since for ease since I didn't want to splice on the wires close to the amp, b-pillar setup gives more room for splicing.

BTW, the diagram here is 100% correct on my vehicle ('19 sport, Alpine system). Thanks for whoever uploaded the diagrams.

Hope this helps

PcUser23

Reaction score
So after reviewing several posts, I decided to give the Kicker Hideaway HS10 a try. I am not looking at monster dbs just looking for a full sound with the non-alpine 8.5 setups in the 2020 bighorns. I took a chance with the PAC ANC-CH01 (for the 2019 5gens). This is also where I will tap-in for my amp input signal. After removing the driver's side back sear and clicking the back firewall looks to be a good spot. The wiring harness that is included with the Kicker Hideaway is long enough to reach the ANC module and the battery, so no other wiring kits are needed. This took no more than 4 hours, could be much faster but was very cautious not to break the plastic trim and clips. Overall I am pleased with the sound, will need to do some tuning to get it dialed in. I'm most concerned with bypassing the ANC as the truck was very quite. I will update in a few days.

So, how has this been sounding? I'm considering a similar setup either with this Kicker or a JL Audio powered sub. How much room would you say you had left after mounting? Is it a close fit or are there a few inches to spare?

wbluke910

Reaction score
I put the CDT 2 ohms in the door front and rear and now I am gonna add a 5 channel amp to power the door speakers and Memphis M6 12" which harness from net audio or LLJ would I use? I am a total beginner with car audio. I also put kickers in the dash but I figure they will be enough on there own.

wbluke910

Reaction score
That's a good price! Please let us know how those sound.
I have them in the front door I love them. I got them on sale and its a steal IMO. I ordered another pair for the rear doors too and going to install a 12" sub for bass. As far as the CDTs The voice clarity is amazing but I feel like its lacking in bass and actually feel like the stock speakers provide more bass but with the CDT I can turn the Volume up to max without any distortion. I feel they are under powered and that I'm not getting the full potential out of them so I'm adding a Kenwood 5 channel that will push 75x4 @ 2 ohm and the RMS for the CDT is 80. So hopefully that will get them bumping a little more cause the bass isn't there at all. I will get back to y'all and let ya know how it goes. Going to install the CDTs in the rear this weekend and the sub and 5 channel next weekend.

Nibis

Reaction score
Looking at PAC's website, it appears that the only difference between the AP4-CH41 v1 and v2 is that the v2 works with both amplified (Alpine and HK) and non-amplified (base) systems whereas the v1 was only amplified systems. Best Buy has the v1 on sale for $209 right now so I ordered it and then saw that the v1 was discontinued. That explains the discounted price but I also want to make sure that it will work for my HK system. Additionally, it appears that everyone that has posted so far about the AP4-CH41 was talking about the v1 before there was a v2 so, again, it seems that the v1 will work as expected without any issues.

By the way, if you order from Best Buy, make sure you search for AP4-CH41 and not Amp Pro or AmpPro because the first time I searched for Amp Pro and accidentally ordered the AP4-CH21 which won't work. They are both the same price so just be sure you order the right part number.
So I orderd from best buy, for 209, and they sent me V2

Rs99tx

Reaction score
So, how has this been sounding? I'm considering a similar setup either with this Kicker or a JL Audio powered sub. How much room would you say you had left after mounting? Is it a close fit or are there a few inches to spare?
Sounds good, I'm tackling the doors next.. Looks like we have about 2 more inches. Total of 5". I'm installed on the driver's side. The passenger's side, it looks about the same, but not sure. Also looks like some models could have other devices mounted back there that could be in the way.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200531-190856_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20200531-190856_Photos.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 144

Redman24

Reaction score
I replaced all my speakers with Memphis 6x9 s and new tweeters. A jl 600.2 and a kicker single 10 with passive radiator. It destroys the Alpine system. I disconnected the 4 anc wires and haven't had any issue
What is the part number of the Memphis 6x9s you used? I’m deciding on which ones to get and just want to make sure they fit in both front and rear doors.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry, I missed that.

The you need the pac amp pro ch41.2 and an anc bypass or remove the 4 anc wires. The pac amp ch-01 is only for the base 6 speaker system.

Both net audio and LLJ customs make an anc bypass harness for our trucks. I used the one from LLJ customs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thats what i have and attempt to use.but what are those "Switches"in the back are for(as well as a little button).which switch or voltage do /should i use?

wbluke910

Reaction score
Do you have a pic of the PAC harness under the ANC and where you tapped the wires? I'm guessing I tap into the speaker wires that plug into the ANC then connect them to the PAC-CH01and plug it back into the ANC?? I got everything on the way so it will be easier to figure out when Its in my hands. First time doing car audio so forgive me for sounding like an idiot. I ordered the PAC-APH-CH01 but hopefully it will be plug and play still.

Grimson

Reaction score
Here’s the CH01 with a sub add. I used the blue taps to grab signal from the rear speakers. In this case, if you are running an amp to the rears there would be no blue taps, just cut the wires and run to your amp and then run amp outputs back to the harness where ya’ cut. Super easy once you see the CH01 harness.

Cheers!

78302a593191ece0a7bc615703f4ba51.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trendybull

Reaction score
I put the CDT 2 ohms in the door front and rear and now I am gonna add a 5 channel amp to power the door speakers and Memphis M6 12" which harness from net audio or LLJ would I use? I am a total beginner with car audio. I also put kickers in the dash but I figure they will be enough on there own.
Did you use use a harness/adapter for the CDTs to plug into the stock wiring?

Users who are viewing this thread