5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th Gen Ram 1500 30" Light Bar Bracket Set

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How does the light output look with the grill and sensors in the way? I'm thinking i might just go Spot/Hyperspot since there will be alot of light interference that i wouldnt get the distance by going with the driving or flood bar. I like the look of it hidden but worried there is too much in the way of the bar to really get the output.
There probably is some loss of light that occurs but there are a bunch of photos on here or videos on youtube and they seem to still work pretty good. I dont have any personal experience here (yet) but the clean hidden look is a must for me!

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe @Waterfowler41 used a cheaper one off of Amazon and possibly a smittybilt but you’d have to ask him for sure. If you have a specific light bar in mind, I can look at the specs and take some measurements. We also have a meeting with a top of the line light manufacturer coming up to see if we can start representing them and selling their products.
Got mine today these look awesome!! Just curious is there a light bar width range that these work best for? some of the "30 inch" light bars ive been looking at say their total with is around 32 inches would those work? Thanks!

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think with a 32 inch you will need to do some modifications. I bought one off Amazon and had to do some changes and I’m still not done.

Attachments

• 74EED9D0-1C4F-44D5-AD18-FFB512352107.jpeg
    74EED9D0-1C4F-44D5-AD18-FFB512352107.jpeg
    148.6 KB · Views: 200

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think with a 32 inch you will need to do some modifications. I bought one off Amazon and had to do some changes and I’m still not done.
Oh yeah I saw your post on the “what did you do to your ram today” thread, thanks for the insight!

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No problem. Im going to take another stab at it tomorrow. I want it ready before my trip.

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got mine today these look awesome!! Just curious is there a light bar width range that these work best for? some of the "30 inch" light bars ive been looking at say their total with is around 32 inches would those work? Thanks!

The brackets have some play to them, I based my dims off the diode dynamics 30” bar so try to stay within a a half inch or so if the DD 30” bar.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The brackets have some play to them, I based my dims off the diode dynamics 30” bar so try to stay within a a half inch or so if the DD 30” bar.
Yeah I bought the Amazon one that measures around 32” from each edge and it’s a little bit more work lol. It’s all good I think I have it worked out

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What kind of mods did you make to fit the 32 inch? I’m looking at one that’s 32.19 wide.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What kind of mods did you make to fit the 32 inch? I’m looking at one that’s 32.19 wide.
I'm going to check on a few things tomorrow or saturday morning. I believe it would fit without the things I did.. Let's just say I got a little excited and didn't follow instructions 100%, but some how I made everything work pretty darn great. I'll report back more tomorrow. Possibly Saturday. :D

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry for the delayed reply. It should be about 32.5" between the brackets. There should be a little wiggle room as well. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Did you get it all worked out? Just curious what bar it is you got and what the measurements were. Also what needed to be done? Thank you for any info. We appreciate you all.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Are you guys using straight or curved light bars?
Most have used straight that I have talked to but a few have used curved. I think it is a lot tighter with curved. If I recall correctly a few that used curved removed the plastic grill and pushed the bar out flush with that opening. I'll see if I can find any of those messages and pictures.

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I tried to install my light bar and brackets tonight, looks like my truck does not have the preexisting holes seen on waterfowlers rebel. The bumper supports next to his brackets are quite different than mine, my bighorn has much beefier and wider ones and curve on the sides making it impossible for the brackets to fit flush next to them. Also I have to flip my brackets around and for them to be wide enough for the diode dynamics 30” bar relative to the way waterfowler had his set up, I think I have to drill a few holes, so I’ll do that tomorrow i guess unless I’m missing something?

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@Shifts And Grins Fab Here are a few photos from under my truck. I focused on the passenger side since I couldn’t get a wide enough angle but the driver side is the exact same. 4309F05A-B23B-41A2-9A12-6B676B814F91.jpeg 8692D9DA-EE73-4094-B61A-277E3FAC8245.jpeg 0E2322C8-F679-43C7-B1BE-B254001FBB93.jpeg
So to elaborate, the top holes being used were already there on both sides, I had to drill the bottom holes. In order to fit the Diode Dynamics light bar which is 31.5 inches total with the brackets this way I had to flip them around to make them wider. And since the brackets are not perfectly symmetrical I had to put the driver bracket on passenger side and vice versa, otherwise the light bar would have been sitting to low in the grille for most of the light to shoot out. As you can see the bumper support bracket hits the light bar brackets and stop them from going any wider ( which is why I had to flip, and then swap the brackets around. ) actually in the photo you can see the bottom right corner of the bracket is sitting behind the bumper support bracket, that’s where it contacted on the bottom. The top side is to tall to slide under the curving bumper bracket so it’s just sitting flush against it.

If the brackets were just slightly shorter, I may have been able to use the two bolts of that bumper support bracket but I’m not sure if they would line up with the light bar bracket holes, I thought about cutting the brackets shorter to go that route but that seemed like a lot of work lol.

I’m pretty happy with the brackets themselves, seems like I could mount a pretty heavy light bar to em and never have to worry about it. Also including the 4 bolts in the box was awesome, saved me a trip to Home Depot!

Im happy to take measurements or answer any more questions, thanks for making these!

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
@Shifts And Grins Fab Here are a few photos from under my truck. I focused on the passenger side since I couldn’t get a wide enough angle but the driver side is the exact same. View attachment 117669 View attachment 117670 View attachment 117671
So to elaborate, the top holes being used were already there on both sides, I had to drill the bottom holes. In order to fit the Diode Dynamics light bar which is 31.5 inches total with the brackets this way I had to flip them around to make them wider. And since the brackets are not perfectly symmetrical I had to put the driver bracket on passenger side and vice versa, otherwise the light bar would have been sitting to low in the grille for most of the light to shoot out. As you can see the bumper support bracket hits the light bar brackets and stop them from going any wider ( which is why I had to flip, and then swap the brackets around. ) actually in the photo you can see the bottom right corner of the bracket is sitting behind the bumper support bracket, that’s where it contacted on the bottom. The top side is to tall to slide under the curving bumper bracket so it’s just sitting flush against it.

If the brackets were just slightly shorter, I may have been able to use the two bolts of that bumper support bracket but I’m not sure if they would line up with the light bar bracket holes, I thought about cutting the brackets shorter to go that route but that seemed like a lot of work lol.

I’m pretty happy with the brackets themselves, seems like I could mount a pretty heavy light bar to em and never have to worry about it. Also including the 4 bolts in the box was awesome, saved me a trip to Home Depot!

Im happy to take measurements or answer any more questions, thanks for making these!
It looks like you truck uses an extra bracket not on the Rebel but the holes for those are there. I think with the brackets flipped (back to the original side) and bolted under that factory bracket, it should have put you in the correct place. The new brackets have more adjustment to them as well. It's pretty hard to tell from the pictures but it looks like that is what I am seeing. Thank you very much for the feedback and I am glad you got your bar installed. Looks great. I can't wait for our TRX to come in so we can outfit it with lots of Diode Dynamics lights.

Users who are viewing this thread