5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Those rock sliders though!

My ultimate goal is to build a similar overland vehicle.
Need to know if they go to frame or just in running board mounts as a caution I went on my hands and knees to look at the factory option rock sliders on a coworkers Colorado ZR2 and they go to the running board mounts in the unibody so big Fail there.

RichT

Reaction score
Got the bumper off and everything mounted. Ended up mounting both side flanges / tow hooks first loose and then jacked the middle section in and bolted it down. Was much easier then trying to wiggle that thing in and get the tow hook on at the same time.q

Just need to cut up the bumper, pop on the lights and button it back up.....and then deal with the wiring.

1572578415344.png qqq

For those that relocated the controller to the top of the fuse box, how did you end up mounting it? The bracket for the warn has some tabs that If I bend correctly would allow me to bolt it to the sides of the box, but it doesn't look like there is space inside that fuse box for a bolt or nut head. Also concerned the weight would just bounce that box right off unless I strapped the whole thing together.

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Before you button up the bumper check your spool alignment with the fairlead maybe it’s just the picture angle but your spool looks a little low to me.

RichT

Reaction score
Yeah, bad angle for sure, but I will double check it before zipping it up. Thanks!

RichT

Reaction score
Better pic of the mounting position

1572719356353.png

Also, found a perfect spot to mount the controller and the cables reach perfect

1572719392784.png

1572719402925.png

Existing bolt on the firewall + a self tapper and it is not going anywhere. Cant even move it with just the single bolt on there.

RichT

Reaction score
Quick question. Switch with lights has 3 wires, Warn aux ports use only 2. Can I just ditch the dedicated ground on the switch and run two wires? Or do I need to body ground that?

VICE design

Trusted RAM Truck Adventure Gear
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Quick question. Switch with lights has 3 wires, Warn aux ports use only 2. Can I just ditch the dedicated ground on the switch and run two wires? Or do I need to body ground that?

Assume you're using this kit : https://www.warn.com/short-light-harness-kit-zeon-93373

I believe this circuit is rated at 40 Amps so you can wire them directly to the lights (which have two wires)
therefore you don't have to go through the 3 wire switch that controls the relay.

RichT

Reaction score
Should also say that I am super happy with the product, as well as the instructions and overall customer service. Great job guys! Very much appreciate the service throughout.

After being quoted...lol....$1700 from 4wheelparts for the install. Was a no brainer to DIY it. I ended up buying a new cordless impact, a bunch of other new tools, a new tool cart, all my recovery gear and a bunch of beeeeer and still saved over $1000. (actually, lost count cause i've just been buying things and using the savings to justify everything) :rolleyes:

Couldn't be happier.

cra1g

Reaction score
Should also say that I am super happy with the product, as well as the instructions and overall customer service. Great job guys! Very much appreciate the service throughout.

After being quoted...lol....$1700 from 4wheelparts for the install. Was a no brainer to DIY it. I ended up buying a new cordless impact, a bunch of other new tools, a new tool cart, all my recovery gear and a bunch of beeeeer and still saved over $1000. (actually, lost count cause i've just been buying things and using the savings to justify everything) :rolleyes:

Couldn't be happier.

I just finished mine a couple of hours ago. I've got 12 hours into it, so $1700, while more than I would pay, isn't completely ridiculous. I'm not a pro, though.

Mine took longer partly because I cut the original lower grill to re-use it instead of the filler plate, and partly because I'm an idiot and thought it would be a good idea to connect the wiring to the winch after installing it, and without clocking the motor so I could see WTF I was doing. :confused: And part because I had to relocate my electronic air horn, because it was attached to the sheet metal behind the bumper that gets cut out to clear the winch.

@VICE design, I could not be happier. Well done!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread