5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MikeDowsett

Reaction score
Just installed my Vice kit with X20 12000lbs winch On my 2019 Ram Rebel 1500. It appears that my winch is going the wrong direction. Did anybody else have this issue ?
Press ‘IN’ it spools out. Press ‘OUT’ it spools in. ☹️
Looks as though the Vice design effectively mounts the winch upside down from how Smittybilt designed it.
I’ve read that the gearing is only designed to pull in one direction, so am slightly concerned.
I would appreciate any advice please.

MikeDowsett

Reaction score
I have the same winch and mine spools correctly. You sure you clocked it? And check your wiring again.
I clocked the clutch 180 degrees as Vice described for the relocation kit. All fittings and brackets aligned okay (except the front trim plate !!!).
Wired the controller to motor, A to A, B to B etc.
Winch Motor is on the drivers side. Clutch is on the passenger side.
CAN YOU PLEASE CONFIRM YOUR ROPE/WIRE SPOOLS TO THE TOP OF THE DRUM PLEASE ?

Stickerboy111

Reaction score
I clocked the clutch 180 degrees as Vice described for the relocation kit. All fittings and brackets aligned okay (except the front trim plate !!!).
Wired the controller to motor, A to A, B to B etc.
Winch Motor is on the drivers side. Clutch is on the passenger side.
CAN YOU PLEASE CONFIRM YOUR ROPE/WIRE SPOOLS TO THE TOP OF THE DRUM PLEASE ?

Sounds to me like you just have to rope spooling off the wrong side. Check to ensure the is spoiling off to top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VICE design

Trusted RAM Truck Adventure Gear
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I wanted to share some pics of the X20 control box mounted up near the battery on my Ram Rebel 1500. I’m pleased with its location. I used 48” cables to replace the standard ones that are only about 18” long. All working great now.
View attachment 43965 View attachment 43967 View attachment 43968

Awesome work Mike. Very clean installation. Glad you got the spooling issue sorted.

We released a Control Box Relocation kit for the 4th gen RAM 1500's (PICTURE LINK HERE) and we're working on a bolt on version specific for your 5th gens as well.

VICE design

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah, I sent that email a while back. Still have not seen or heard anything from VICE. Any news @VICE design ?

I mailed a few out in December. Hopefully they were not lost in the mail (I know a few things headed my way were) Whats your name I'll follow up.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
I mailed a few out in December. Hopefully they were not lost in the mail (I know a few things headed my way were) Whats your name I'll follow up.

FYI, Quinton emailed me back on 1/7 saying he would get one sent out to me. I hope I get it soon (y) . I've had a few people stop me in parking lots asking how I got the winch to mount on my truck. My area is RAM country for sure.

VICE design

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
FYI, Quinton emailed me back on 1/7 saying he would get one sent out to me. I hope I get it soon (y) . I've had a few people stop me in parking lots asking how I got the winch to mount on my truck. My area is RAM country for sure.
Got yours out end of last week. Its standard letter mail so no tracking but it should find its way to you! stoked to hear you're catching people wishing they had your truck!

VICE design

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
A couple new Video's for you guys!

Here's how easy it is to clock the new VR EVO for our kit, and install the clutch relocation kit.

And this one goes over the new Control Box Relocation Kit. The 5th Gen versions for the WARN VR EVO and Smittybilt X20 are very much in the works. Will definitely post up when they're available.

Also I uploaded the installation video for the 4th GEN RAM 1500 trucks. If you know someone with a 13-18 RAM 1500 feel free to share it with them :)

Let me know what you think. Thanks again for your support and feedback everyone.

cboerger

Reaction score
I'm getting one of these very soon for my 2020 Rebel. However, I don't have a place to work on this myself as I don't have a garage. Where would I get this done at? Would a dealer touch it? Local mechanic? Body shop?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online