5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VICE design

Trusted RAM Truck Adventure Gear
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I'm getting one of these very soon for my 2020 Rebel. However, I don't have a place to work on this myself as I don't have a garage. Where would I get this done at? Would a dealer touch it? Local mechanic? Body shop?

Stoked to hear! All of those would have the ability to install it. What I generally recommend is going to a shop (with positive reviews) that specializes and installs 4x4 parts etc such as bumpers, lift kits etc. Installation should take about 4-5 hours based on the options you get.
-Q

kliffy77

Reaction score
The only thing stopping me from ordering the winch mount is the color i wanted everything in black just like the Power Wagon I don't like shiny stuff, Plasti dip and such temporary solutions.

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
The only thing stopping me from ordering the winch mount is the color i wanted everything in black just like the Power Wagon I don't like shiny stuff, Plasti dip and such temporary solutions.
I would not recommend plastidip on anything for a winch. Minimum would be paint or powder coating. Plastidip does not hold up to oils from your hands well at all and any friction from a winch synthetic line will remove the plastidip coating.

The only things that are shiny is the clutch handle and the fairlead. Both can be powder-coated cheaply.

kliffy77

Reaction score
I would not recommend plastidip on anything for a winch. Minimum would be paint or powder coating. Plastidip does not hold up to oils from your hands well at all and any friction from a winch synthetic line will remove the plastidip coating.

The only things that are shiny is the clutch handle and the fairlead. Both can be powder-coated cheaply.

Thanks RW that's my possesion exactly, If all is powder coated i would order one immediately.

Last edited:

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Thanks RW that's my passion exactly, If all is powder coated i would order one immediately.
Have you contacted @VICE design to see if they could do that for you? They offer the WARN brand winches on their site. The WARN VR EVO 12-S comes with a black fairlead. So, you would just need the clutch handle to be coated. According to VICE's Instagram they send out their completed projects to be powder coated.

kliffy77

Reaction score
Have you contacted @VICE design to see if they could do that for you? They offer the WARN brand winches on their site. The WARN VR EVO 12-S comes with a black fairlead. So, you would just need the clutch handle to be coated. According to VICE's Instagram they send out their completed projects to be powder coated.

I did and they said i should plastic dip the shiny metal parts!

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lol. Been there done that with my Maverick however I would have just used a strap and backed the truck up. Admit it were you live you don’t get to use that winch all that much. Stay safe

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
Lol. Been there done that with my Maverick however I would have just used a strap and backed the truck up. Admit it were you live you don’t get to use that winch all that much. Stay safe

Agreed.

I like to spool the line once a month. Just to keep the gears greased. This took care of that :LOL:

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Agreed.

I like to spool the line once a month. Just to keep the gears greased. This took care of that :LOL:
Yes I don’t drive my truck as much as I like but that’s changing with these world events. I forget that your supposed to do that.

jaybretzke

Reaction score
Did a little customizing to the fairlead mount bracket as I wanted more of a factory+ look. About an inch was removed from the leg supports and then welded back in place. Powder coated the bracket with texture black to match the original finish and BAMM......now it fits behind the factory grill. Had to do some minor trimming to the grill as it is bowed while the fairlead mount bracket face is flat.

Here is where I am at right now. Rest will be finished tomorrow.

i wonder if vice would do this for me and I take care of the spacers..

Last edited:

VICE design

Trusted RAM Truck Adventure Gear
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Designed 100% Bolt on Control Box Relocation Kits for the 5th Gen today. These ktis will drastically extend the life of your winch, and make using your kit very easy.

WARN VR EVO
20200429_141637.jpg

Super easy to plug in and charge your controller. Just pop the hood its right there.
20200429_141629.jpg

Complete access to your Fuse Box.
20200429_141658.jpg

All kits will come with color coded wires that are made to the right length, and sheathed in a protective loom.
20200429_132529.jpg

SmittyBilt X20 GEN2 Winch . Again very easy access to the wireless Switch and plug in receptacle.
20200429_113625.jpg

20200429_113635.jpg

Ill try to get these up on the website tomorrow. I have everything in stock and Ive already started building them.

Users who are viewing this thread