5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th Gen DRL's - What's up?

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1b9d83f7-5d39-4160-bdfe-61a4a2c91b13-jpeg.75611

Exactly the setting that should be default, just like the last Gen... looks fantastic and in my opinion far more safe/attention getting than the lowbeam drls.

Coltonweston

Reaction score
I've been extremely pleased with my JMS Pedalmax. I like the dial control as opposed to the preset buttons or up-down solutions of the other brands. I can speak to the quality of the Pedalmax only since I haven't tried the others.

But 5 stars for the Tazer and Pedalmax as far as I am concerned.

Do you have a link by chance for the pedalmax?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brennanb82

Reaction score
Is there any way to increase the brightness of the signature lights?

eproulx38

Reaction score
What is the entire list of setting changes required to have this setup with the ambers as the DRL? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

eproulx38

Reaction score
Also, when having the ambers set to DRL.... what happens with both ambers lights when you activate your turn signal? Does one amber stay constant on and the other flashes or does the second one turn off while the turn signal is activated? Thanks in advance

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also, when having the ambers set to DRL.... what happens with both ambers lights when you activate your turn signal? Does one amber stay constant on and the other flashes or does the second one turn off while the turn signal is activated? Thanks in advance
Can't speak for the pedalmax but the Tazer DT does just this what you mentioned. And my favorite feature is the High beam on and fog no drop out setting. Night time driving is fantastic visibility on country and mountain forest dark roads, especially with the auto high beams activated.

eproulx38

Reaction score
Can't speak for the pedalmax but the Tazer DT does just this what you mentioned. And my favorite feature is the High beam on and fog no drop out setting. Night time driving is fantastic visibility on country and mountain forest dark roads, especially with the auto high beams activated.

Thanks for the response. I should have mentioned that I am using alfaobd to make the changes

eproulx38

Reaction score
Got it set up with the turn signals as drl... looks great ! Thanks to all the members that helped me out.
CBC Features: DRL configuration- OPTIONAL
CBC Features: DRL Location- TURN SIGNAL
CBC Features: DRL dropout enabled- YES

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got it set up with the turn signals as drl... looks great ! Thanks to all the members that helped me out.
CBC Features: DRL configuration- OPTIONAL
CBC Features: DRL Location- TURN SIGNAL
CBC Features: DRL dropout enabled- YES
About to do this.
What does "DRL dropout enabled -YES" do?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
About to do this.
What does "DRL dropout enabled -YES" do?

That should be if your DRL turn off when your headlights are on if I remember correctly.
DRL dropout will turn off whatever lamp you have set as DRLs when the turn signal is being used. It’ll only be the DRL on the side that the turn signal is being used used.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
DRL dropout will turn off whatever lamp you have set as DRLs when the turn signal is being used. It’ll only be the DRL on the side that the turn signal is being used used.
Thanks for confirming. Everything went well and works. Changed drl to turn signals. The amber looks awesome against the black paint. So much better than low beams.

Boost Monkey

Reaction score
Can someone confirm if the upper and lower acceent or signature lights on the LED headlights can be made brighter on the US trucks using AlphaOBD? I want to keep these white LED strips as my DRL (I know they arent DRL) but i just want them to be brighter.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No, you have to replace the driver boards.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Couple of solutions/answers to some of the posts here in general:
I would choose AlfaOBD over Tazer, because AlfaOBD is a far more power tool, and you have more control over what gets changed in the BCM. It’s also the closest thing you can get to a dealer level scan tool, and can connect to all modules.
For Canadian DRL trucks, if you want to just permanently disable DRLs, you would just set CBC Features DRL configuration to NO DRL. This will shut them off until you use AlfaOBD to change that setting again.
If you want to set them up like a US market Truck, you would set CBC Features DRL configuration to OPTIONAL, and set CustSetMenu 1 daytime running lights CSM Present to YES. This will put the setting in the radio to toggle them on/off whenever you want.

The accent lights can’t be toggled on/off via any type of setting equipped on the truck, but you can disable them with AlfaOBD by setting CBC Extern.Light Calib. Signature light present to NO.
If you want to configure the accent lights to be the DRLs (only come on in gear), and to be brighter than what they are from factory, make the following changes:
CBC Features DRL Configuration- OPTIONAL
CBC Features DRL Lamp Location- DEDICATED
CBC Features DRL Dropout Enabled- YES
CBC Extern.Light Calib. Signature Light Present- NO
CBC Extern.Light Calib. Left Side (and right side) DRL Voltage Target- 7.4 (but can be raised)
CustSetMenu 1 daytime running lights CSM Present- YES
The above settings will make the upper and lower LED accent strips the DRLs (no other lights on). They will only come on in gear, they will be brighter than they were as accent lighting, the accent strips will “drop out” on the side that the turn signal is being used on, and they can be toggled on/off in the radio settings.
Thank you for that. How high can i set the DRL voltage to? 12v?

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Hey, have you tried it? Did they get brighter? I’d like the accent lights slightly brighter as well to use as DRL
No can do amigo.. they are fixed, can't make them brighter unless you replace the LED modules with aftermarket ones from Diode Dynamics..

DWJ624

Reaction score
No can do amigo.. they are fixed, can't make them brighter unless you replace the LED modules with aftermarket ones from Diode Dynamics..

1b9d83f7-5d39-4160-bdfe-61a4a2c91b13-jpeg.75611

Exactly the setting that should be default, just like the last Gen... looks fantastic and in my opinion far more safe/attention getting than the lowbeam drls.
Looks great however, can voltage be lowered to save bulb life. Itt seems to me that on at full voltage will eat bulbs.

Users who are viewing this thread