5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

19LaramieLonghorn

Reaction score
When listening to XM radio the volume is significantly lower than other inputs. Even maxed out it just isn't as loud.

I thought about making a STAR case but figured I would do a little research first. Mine is the first Longhorn that has landed at our store and one of our customers has a Limited that is the same way. ( I am a service advisor at Allen Samuels DCJRF in Waco, TX)

Any thoughts??

ryelinek

Reaction score
Sirius is going to sound worse than pretty much ANY music output your system will play.

Their content and quality is just garbage compared to anything off your phone or hell a CD but who uses those anymore haha.

I’m not saying you DONT have some issue but comparing anything to Sirius should be better.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sirius is going to sound worse than pretty much ANY music output your system will play.

Their content and quality is just garbage compared to anything off your phone or hell a CD but who uses those anymore haha.

I’m not saying you DONT have some issue but comparing anything to Sirius should be better.

Hey they brought the CD player back(don't know why:rolleyes:). I got 1 CD that I will use and it's to set up the speakers so they sound the best.

I Love Grits

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You can play DVD's with the disc player... maybe that's why its around?

To the OP: as @Flot mentioned, its something some of us have noticed and chalk it up to needing a software update.

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
But if you use anything other than Sirius, the rear of the truck will rattle like crazy. Real catch-22 they've got us in lol

Twoamen

Reaction score
My xm/sirrus seems to work fine. Sounds as good if not better then HD radio. The only issue Is inconsistent volume on different channels. Normal volume on 60 mph highway is 17-20 level . Onehitland channel (not sure name exactlyl comes it at about 30. Most all channels sound cd quality at least. FM good, even AM works good which suprised me. I had a 8.4n,in my 2014, volume level was comparetable to 2019. Mopar came out with about 6 software updates on the 2014 so I'm sure updates will be forthwith.

GM convert

Reaction score
My radio is good but not as good as Spotify in sound quality.

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes.. definitely a difference in SAT radio volume. Much lower. I noticed that immediately. Even though the quality may not be what some think it should the volume should be consistent between sources. It is in any other vehicle I've owned. Including the 13 Ram I have.

Users who are viewing this thread