5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5 Inch to 8.4 Inch Upgrade

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I also bought a 8.4 uconnect with Nav I have a adapter harness and video cable. I am wonder what else may be need to install this in my 2020 ram tradesman? Will I need to change settings in the OBD?
Yes, you will need to use AlfaOBD to change Cabin Net: DCSD Display Screen Module to “Enabled”.

troutman34

Reaction score
Yes, you will need to use AlfaOBD to change Cabin Net: DCSD Display Screen Module to “Enabled”.
will I also need the security bypass cable? Or will I need to make this change without it? I purchased the obd mx+

troutman34

Reaction score
I have alfaobd and I don’t see we to change Cabin Net: DCSD Display Screen Module to “Enabled”. Is it under

troutman34

Reaction score
I have a different center stack with climate controls that allow for heated seats. In looking under my driver and passenger seats it looks
as though they are pre-wired. Will it be possible to change the truck to allow for the seats to be used?

ericcloe

Reaction score
I have alfaobd and I don’t see we to change Cabin Net: DCSD Display Screen Module to “Enabled”. Is it under
Here is what I did for my 2019 2500 tradesman

Choose ram 2500 (DJ/DR)

Choose body computer select body control module my 2019 or 2020.

Choose Car configuration change. Go almost all the way down the list till you come to

Cab Net ICS integrated center stack. Click it and enable it.

Scroll down a couple and click on Cabin Net DCSD display screen module and enable it.

If you cant get AC to work move to next step

Now for hvac controls.

Connect again to body control module go to car configuration then vehicle config 3 HVAC (found only hvac 2 and enabled)

Select value tab : dual zone ATC .

Hit start. And done

Note: sometimes it take a few times driving for sirus radio and back up camera to start working again.​

Schledwitz

Reaction score
I have a 2019 RAM Classic Crew SLT 5.7. I have checked out infotainment, but by reading this forum, their prices may not be worth it. If I were to install myself, what part numbers do I need for the 8.4 non nav and bezel? My current 5.0 has sat radio.

ethorn337

Reaction score
new here... I have already bought a 8.4 screen and bezel installed all everything works good besides, the phone controls on the steering wheel and back up camera, have taken it to the dealer ship a couple times to try and fix the camera and still nothing.. any ideas it drives me crazy

HLSLeO

Reaction score
Hello Guys! I am sorry to bother with this thread.
I have a 2020 Rebel, with the manual A/C and Sirius XM, I am looking for the non-nav version as I can always use my phone for that.
I attached a pic of my current stereo for reference.
Are these part numbers correct?

8.4 Display - 68292209AF

Bezel - 5YU433XLAF

Center Stack - 68340283AD

Thank you in advance for your help or input!
🙌🙌

Attachments

• 20210915_115334.jpg
    20210915_115334.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

K-Dog

Reaction score
Hello Guys! I am sorry to bother with this thread.
I have a 2020 Rebel, with the manual A/C and Sirius XM, I am looking for the non-nav version as I can always use my phone for that.
I attached a pic of my current stereo for reference.
Are these part numbers correct?

8.4 Display - 68292209AF

Bezel - 5YU433XLAF

Center Stack - 68340283AD

Thank you in advance for your help or input!
🙌🙌
I'm in the same boat. I own a 2019 Rebel. I have the same #'s you have for the center stack and radio, however, I came up with 5YU493XRAF for what I "assume" is the correct bezel w/ red trim, for my truck. So many different part numbers! Very confusing. Hopefully someone here won't mind checking our homework. It will be nice to get rid of that tiny 5" screen!

Billy1642

Reaction score
new here... I have already bought a 8.4 screen and bezel installed all everything works good besides, the phone controls on the steering wheel and back up camera, have taken it to the dealer ship a couple times to try and fix the camera and still nothing.. any ideas it drives me crazy
Man I got the same problem. I upgraded today and nothing on the steering wheel works. Have you Figured it out yet?

HLSLeO

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. I own a 2019 Rebel. I have the same #'s you have for the center stack and radio, however, I came up with 5YU493XRAF for what I "assume" is the correct bezel w/ red trim, for my truck. So many different part numbers! Very confusing. Hopefully someone here won't mind checking our homework. It will be nice to get rid of that tiny 5" screen!
Now I'm torn. That bezel part number you posted actually looks nicer, it's got the red accents. My truck is red... Decisions, decisions. 🤣🤣

Bubba77

Reaction score
I have a 2019 rebel and single zone hvac and the center bezel with red accent that I used for my upgrade was 68340283AC. This was about two years ago at that time this was the correct part number. This was for 8.4 non nav screen.

Last edited:

K-Dog

Reaction score
Thank you, Bubba77. That's good to know.
Do you happen to recall if you used part # 5YU493XRAF for the outer bezel?

Bubba77

Reaction score
Thank you, Bubba77. That's good to know.
Do you happen to recall if you used part # 5YU493XRAF for the outer bezel?
Not sure what you are referring to regarding outer bezel. The part I included is all one piece no other piece needed. It included everything except the lower controls and lighter you remove from your existing bezel.

HLSLeO

Reaction score
A little update:
So I got a smoking deal on an 8.4 from a 2021 Rebel off ebay.
I will be getting the Stack and Bezel much later, but I will test-connect the unit when I receive it, to make sure everything works correctly.
Fingers Crossed.

Last edited:

K-Dog

Reaction score
That's good! You're 1 step closer. I also was lucky enough to find what I needed on Ebay recently.
Here are the part numbers I found for my :

2019 Ram Rebel
* 5YU493XRAF - Outer bezel w/ red trim for 8.4 radio
68292209AF - 8.4 Radio, single zone, Carplay, or
* 68428539AC - 8.4 Radio single zone, Carplay, w/ heated seats and wheel
68340283 - Center stack, single zone, or
* 68340284 - Center stack , single zone, w/ heated seats and wheel

I can confirm the numbers with ( * ) are correct and working in my 2019 Rebel 1500 w/ single zone, heated seats, wheel and Carplay.
I believe the others are correct, but I have not personally tried them. I have read this entire thread and many others to get to this point.
Hopefully this will save someone some time. Good luck, friends.

Last edited:

Bigboss954

Reaction score
Does anyone know the nuts and screws needed to secure the module for the 8.4, I just watched an infotainment video where it looks like they added some in since the truck didn’t come with any

HLSLeO

Reaction score
What's up guys, I finally received everything and was able to get it installed in under 30 minutes, easily. A BIG THANK YOU, yo everyone who shared information on this thread!

Works perfectly!

I wound up re-using my stock Outer Bezel.
The only two part numbers that I ordered, were:
Head Unit: 68467271AC
AC Stack: 68340283AD

The AC stack required modification to work with the stock Outer Bezel, but it was as easy as cutting the 2 screw anchors and 2 tabs from the middle section. It only took about 2 minutes to get done.

Here's a pic of the final product during the night and day.

Attachments

• 20211009_204010.jpg
    20211009_204010.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 113
  • 20211010_145219.jpg
    20211010_145219.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread