5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5 Inch to 8.4 Inch Upgrade

KEN B

Reaction score
That’s with CarPlay, Sirius/xm & no nav. 👇 I believe the part # you posted is for the 1500. I went with the radio below that matched my truck. Works perfect, no issues.
Awesome, I really appreciate your assistance on looking up the part number for me. After doing a lot of research today I came up with the same part number so its great to hear you confirm it. Great call on the bracket I overlooked that item. Now time to make the purchase, thanks again for everything!

KEN B

Reaction score
What part# center stack did you end up going with? I see you have the 6.7L with the same side by side hazard & traction control buttons as I do. The 6.4L just has a single hazard. Not sure what the connections look like in the back. Thanks.
Great question, yes my 2019 Ram 3500 6.7L has the identical setup as yours. The bezel that you are looking for is part number 68370124AB. I called three different dealers and they all verified that this bezel has the hazard button sided by side with the traction control button. Here is what I ordered to made the upgrade.

part # 68370124AB......Bezel
part # 5YU433XLAF......Outer A/C bezel
part # 68428584AC.......8.4 inch multi media radio, non nav with car play
part # 68354583AA.......bracket

Thanks you everyone in the thread for helping me come up with these part numbers.

CnyRver

Reaction score
Thanks for that info. It's hard to tell by the all the diagrams I've found, but does the center stack you purchased have the hazard and traction control buttons side by side? That's the way it is on my 2020 6.7L Tradesman.
View attachment 90439
Ed
Ken B has the same center stack as yours. Mine is in pic below.

Attachments

• F4DF7F96-DE31-4A9D-B77E-36FCF82910CB.jpeg
    F4DF7F96-DE31-4A9D-B77E-36FCF82910CB.jpeg
    197.5 KB · Views: 77

CnyRver

Reaction score
Awesome, I really appreciate your assistance on looking up the part number for me. After doing a lot of research today I came up with the same part number so its great to hear you confirm it. Great call on the bracket I overlooked that item. Now time to make the purchase, thanks again for everything!
I purchased the mopar 2 pack 8.4” screen protector on eBay also. Just to give the screen added protection against scratches and easier cleaning. Don’t forget to disconnect the negative battery cable before removing old and installing new radio. Once finished reconnect and have some patience for the new radio to update off the trucks computer. Compass and camera take the longest.

rossagge

Reaction score
Great question, yes my 2019 Ram 3500 6.7L has the identical setup as yours. The bezel that you are looking for is part number 68370124AB. I called three different dealers and they all verified that this bezel has the hazard button sided by side with the traction control button. Here is what I ordered to made the upgrade.

Thanks you everyone in the thread for helping me come up with these part numbers.
Awesome! Thanks much. Gonna start the process soon.

rossagge

Reaction score

I was searching the Bezel/Center stack (68370124AB), but every diagram I find references the one I don't need. Hard to see, but the pic it references is the bezel with the hazard button only(#1). Not the one with the hazard & traction control side by side (#2), which is the one we need. See pic attached. They all reference diagram #1, but I need #2. I'm getting caught up on diagrams here, but just checking to see if you ran into the same issue. I called a couple of dealers and they say they CANNOT verify. I even gave them a VIN from a truck off of their lot with the same radio bezel in it and they can't say if it's a direct replacement or not. Anyway, I don't want to purchase it without verification since it's not refundable. Diagram.jpg

Last edited:

tybow4

Reaction score
Has anyone upgraded from the 5.0” Uconnect Radio to the 8.4” on a 2019 Rebel with single zone HVAC and factory Sirius/XM? I want to make sure I’m buying the right parts from Mopar. I know I’ll need the 8.4” radio, radio bezel and new center bezel but want to check part numbers:

8.4 non-nav radio - 68292209AF
Radio Bezel for single zone HVAC - 68340283AD

This is my question: which center?
Center Bezel - 5YU513XRAF or 5YU493XRAF

CnyRver

Reaction score
Has anyone upgraded from the 5.0” Uconnect Radio to the 8.4” on a 2019 Rebel with single zone HVAC and factory Sirius/XM? I want to make sure I’m buying the right parts from Mopar. I know I’ll need the 8.4” radio, radio bezel and new center bezel but want to check part numbers:

8.4 non-nav radio - 68292209AF
Radio Bezel for single zone HVAC - 68340283AD

This is my question: which center?
Center Bezel - 5YU513XRAF or 5YU493XRAF
Looks like the 493 fits 2019-2020 and the 513 fits up to 2021. They both fit the 8.4” radio and look identical. Honestly not sure since I don’t have a rebel and I’m not sure what year Rebel you have. I would search dealerships online and find the same year/model as your truck and radio options you are looking for on the 8.4” radio. Get the vin# and call local parts for outer bezel part #.

CnyRver

Reaction score
I was searching the Bezel/Center stack (68370124AB), but every diagram I find references the one I don't need. Hard to see, but the pic it references is the bezel with the hazard button only(#1). Not the one with the hazard & traction control side by side (#2), which is the one we need. See pic attached. They all reference diagram #1, but I need #2. I'm getting caught up on diagrams here, but just checking to see if you ran into the same issue. I called a couple of dealers and they say they CANNOT verify. I even gave them a VIN from a truck off of their lot with the same radio bezel in it and they can't say if it's a direct replacement or not. Anyway, I don't want to purchase it without verification since it's not refundable. View attachment 90731
I can tell you when I ordered mine the pics didn’t match my stuff either. Bottom line is call another dealer with that vin and verify that part # is the center stack you are looking for. Better yet call the online place your ordering from and ask them to verify center stack info. Again the pics don’t match.

CnyRver

Reaction score
For everyone on here looking to upgrade your radio from 5” to 8.4” remember there is a reason infotainment, nismo and others charge $1,700 so you don’t have to do the research or worry about if it fits. I personally don’t feel it was worth the additional $500 and also wanted new parts, not a used radio like infotainments. Nismo offers new. I’m also not saying there is an issue with either of those options and I am sure they are great companies. It’s comes down to personal preference and $. The only other option is buying from a junk yard but unfortunately they raised their prices for the complete upgrade to about $1k or more. Again not worth it for me plus I got all new factory parts and I saved $500. Just my 2 cents. On a side note it’s ridiculous for the money we spend on these trucks the Rebel or big horn doesn’t come with an 8.4” radio standard. I understand the tradesman like mine but seriously 🤔

Last edited:

rossagge

Reaction score
I can tell you when I ordered mine the pics didn’t match my stuff either. Bottom line is call another dealer with that vin and verify that part # is the center stack you are looking for. Better yet call the online place your ordering from and ask them to verify center stack info. Again the pics don’t match.
Thanks. I kept calling more places yesterday and gave them a VIN from a 2500 with the 8.4" and they did say parts matched, but couldn't say it was a direct fit. I ordered what KenB did and others, so it's gotta be the right fit and parts. Most places I talked to said the diagrams are trash. The screen is only available to order every 7 days. The place I ordered it from (cheapest total price with shipping, Chrysler Parts Geeks) said they are only allowed to order 1 per 7 days and couldn't put me on a list. Have to call in 7 days! Crazy! And certain parts are incrementally going up in price while others are going down. (I've been looking at part prices for months now getting ready for this mod as well as LED headlamps too). All other parts other than the bracket are on backorder out from a week to several. Anyway, pulled the trigger on all the parts needed as well as parts to change out my steering wheel. Ordered a new leather wheel and components from All Mopar Parts. I could prob find one on eBay, at some point, but for around 50 bucks more plus shipping I got all new stuff and I know I'll be more content with new than used. Radio parts were definitely cheaper new than Infotainment and others. Like you mentioned, ridiculous some trucks don't come certain options standard, like radio controls on the steering wheel, Tradesman...maybe, I get that, but still. Here's what I ordered for the new steering wheel so I can have radio controls on the back for those with a 2500 and interested...

Leather Steering wheel - Mopar (6WR73TX7AA)
Steering Wheel Wiring harness - Mopar (68449274AA)
Radio Control Switch, Left - Mopar (56046099AD)
Radio Control Switch, Right - Mopar (56046098AD)
BEZEL for Radio Switch. Steering Wheel Switch. Left, Right. (7BK04TX7AA)
BEZEL for Radio Switch. Steering Wheel Switch. Left, Right. (7BK03TX7AA)
Switch Screw Covers (Black color) (7ED50TX7AA) right, (7ED51TX7AA) left

Last edited:

Marc348

Reaction score
Yes, but everyone uses AlfaOBD to make those changes, instead of infotainment’s ignorantly priced kit.
Hey sir do you know what setting I am looking for to flash the settings to upgrade the ac controls? And where can I find the harness upgrade thanks.

nate8604

Reaction score
I ended up buying a complete set from a guy on Facebook got a smokin deal. Both bezels and the 8.4 without nav for 456 bucks. Just got it installed today and it’s so much better. Also figured out that you can just modify your xm antenna with a little small drill bit or dremmel.

Attachments

• 8D61E220-7585-4C86-BB95-57E24E23C7F0.jpeg
    8D61E220-7585-4C86-BB95-57E24E23C7F0.jpeg
    132.3 KB · Views: 63

rossagge

Reaction score
I ended up buying a complete set from a guy on Facebook got a smokin deal. Both bezels and the 8.4 without nav for 456 bucks. Just got it installed today and it’s so much better. Also figured out that you can just modify your xm antenna with a little small drill bit or dremmel.
Wow! Super sweet deal. Hard to beat that. Good for you! Since I started looking 6 months back, prices have steadily gone up on used units. Demand is there I guess. Looks good. Can't wait to get mine done!

Last edited:

troutman34

Reaction score
You can get the lvds cable anywhere, and I can build you the conversion adapter harness. You’ll also need a different sun sensor, and you need to add the cabin temp sensor in the knee panel below the start button in order for the climate controls to work properly. I have the custom harness to add the cabin temp sensor, also.
Where can I find a lvds cable and conversion harness. I’m upgrading from a uconnect 5 to 8.4 that has Nav.. This is not plug an play so would appreciate info on making the swap.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Where can I find a lvds cable and conversion harness. I’m upgrading from a uconnect 5 to 8.4 that has Nav.. This is not plug an play so would appreciate info on making the swap.
PM sent.

rossagge

Reaction score
So I got everything I need to do the 8.4 inch upgrade on my tradesman. Got it all put together and hooked up all cables. Powered it all up and got a screen and menu that shows I have automatic climate control and touch screen features to control it. Way different than im used to. Tried using Android auto and nothing. AA never showed up. Figured I did something wrong. Disconnected everything and reconnected. Now I have the display I am familiar with. The one I had on my 19 Big Horn with this system. So it looks good but still no Android auto. Using A phone I've used with my previous truck so I know it's not the problem. Used two different USB cables and nothing. I don't get the AA icon nor the mirror icon under Uapps. I let the truck sit powered on for a while and still nothing. I thought it takes a while for evening to start up... mine immediately powered up with everything accessible except AA. Any ideas?
49ef97cfe07e293ee03a233c573ccccc.jpg

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

rossagge

Reaction score
I think it could be my USB cables. I noticed my phone is charging but uconnect never recognized the cable. This past week with my 5 inch uconnect I noticed when I used BT connection then plugged up my USB cable it didn't recognize it either. Normally after I connect it the unit will stop playback and prompt me to select a source. I'll pick a new one up tmrw and see how that goes.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

troutman34

Reaction score
I also bought a 8.4 uconnect with Nav I have a adapter harness and video cable. I am wonder what else may be need to install this in my 2020 ram tradesman? Will I need to change settings in the OBD?

Users who are viewing this thread